Offense

NM Green

Already spoiled. After watching the Mean Green on the Internet on Saturday and last nights win by the Cowboys, this Arizona/SF game is brutal to watch!

When Heap was called for a push off when he caught that touchdown in the first game I immediately thought, ref with money on the game. Wow how stories have affected the sports scene in '08.

Everett in Buffalo is just so tragic that it almost seems like the sports world wants to ignore it, somehow dismissing the brutality of the sport we love to watch and have a passion for. THe news is so sobering, sports leaders almost don't know what to say. Talk about a ton of pro-injuries in opening weekend.

GMG

I was in a bar in san fran when they took the lead in the last minutes/seconds, whatever. Fun times. Good party. Just got to the hotel (as I type from the bars) and saw this about SF. Sorry if it sounds like a drunk guy typed this ... because i am definitely drunk. :ph34r:

Everett in Buffalo is just so tragic that it almost seems like the sports world wants to ignore it, somehow dismissing the brutality of the sport we love to watch and have a passion for. THe news is so sobering, sports leaders almost don't know what to say. Talk about a ton of pro-injuries in opening weekend.

Although I don't know the young man, Everett is from my home town and his injury has myself and many others concerned. I hope he makes some simblance of a recovery. What a tradedy.

RE: two Monday games--

Not a bad idea to kick off season....besides that late game, although pretty late for us here in Texas and even later in the East, started at 7:00 in the Pacific time zone which is where both of those teams are located. For once they had a Monday Night game that started at NIGHT and ended at night and not starting at 6:00 PM.

Regarding the injury.... most coaches constantly tell players to not duck their heads when making contact... he did... and it injured him.. football is dangerous but a lot of serious injuries can be avoided if actions are done right.

It has got to be the dumbest idea ever to have back-to-back games on a Monday night.

I have been opposed to what the NFL has done over the past several years... an opening game on a Thursday night, the season starting the weekend after Labor Day, Super Bowls in February, Thursday night games.... The only scheduling change I really like is the flex schedule for Sunday Night football.

Ya just heard that too. Sounds like a miracle, hopefully he gets better.

Apparently it's not so much a miracle as the fast action of the Bills medical staff. They knew exactly what to do, and ESPN reported that they ran a drill last week on this very situation. It sounds like their actions saved him.

Apparently it's not so much a miracle as the fast action of the Bills medical staff. They knew exactly what to do, and ESPN reported that they ran a drill last week on this very situation. It sounds like their actions saved him.

I think when the lead doctor describes it as a minor miracle, then it is a minor miracle. The previous night the doctor stated that he didn't think Everett would ever walk again.

Now I agree that the doctor's preparation and quick response to the situation were instrumental in his recovery, but to go from not walking ever again to walking out of the hospital a day later in miraculous. Anyway, this is great news for Everett.