Wow! Nt 3rd In Nation In Passing Offense

From Yahoo article--

North Texas, under first-year head coach Todd Dodge, recorded a school record 613 yards total offense. North Texas quarterback Daniel Meager set school records for passing yards, completions and attempts. Meager finished 46-of-64 passing for 601 yards and three touchdowns and three interceptions. Meager had scoring tosses of 4, 25 and 26. Wide receiver Casey Fitzgerald also set a UNT single-game record for receiving yards with 327 yards on 18 catches with two touchdowns

From Yahoo article--

North Texas, under first-year head coach Todd Dodge, recorded a school record 613 yards total offense. North Texas quarterback Daniel Meager set school records for passing yards, completions and attempts. Meager finished 46-of-64 passing for 601 yards and three touchdowns and three interceptions. Meager had scoring tosses of 4, 25 and 26. Wide receiver Casey Fitzgerald also set a UNT single-game record for receiving yards with 327 yards on 18 catches with two touchdowns

Anybody know the NCAA records for single game passing and receiving?

Here's some stuff from NCAA stats

Single game catches

#1 Casey Fitzgerald (18 receptions - SMU)

Single game receiving yards

#1 Casey Fitzgerald (327 yards - SMU)

Single game passing yards

#1 Daniel Meager (601 yards - SMU)

Single game passing attempts

#1 Daniel Meager (64 - SMU game)

Single Game pass completions

#3 Daniel Meager (46 - SMU game)

Passing

#5 Daniel Meager

Total Passing yards

#5 Daniel Meager (709 yards)

Passing yards per game

#5 Daniel Meager (354.5 yds pg)

Total offense

#7 Deaniel Meager (343 yds pg)

Receptions yards per game

#1 Casey Fitzgerald (226.5 yds pg)

#17 Brandon Jackson (108.5 yds pg)

Receptions per game

#3 Casey Fitzgerald (12.5 catches pg)

#9 Brandon Jackson (8.5 catches pg)

Here's some stuff from NCAA stats

Single game catches

#1 Casey Fitzgerald (18 receptions - SMU)

Single game receiving yards

#1 Casey Fitzgerald (327 yards - SMU)

Single game passing yards

#1 Daniel Meager (601 yards - SMU)

Single game passing attempts

#1 Daniel Meager (64 - SMU game)

Single Game pass completions

#3 Daniel Meager (46 - SMU game)

Passing

#5 Daniel Meager

Total Passing yards

#5 Daniel Meager (709 yards)

Passing yards per game

#5 Daniel Meager (354.5 yds pg)

Total offense

#7 Deaniel Meager (343 yds pg)

Receptions yards per game

#1 Casey Fitzgerald (226.5 yds pg)

#17 Brandon Jackson (108.5 yds pg)

Receptions per game

#3 Casey Fitzgerald (12.5 catches pg)

#9 Brandon Jackson (8.5 catches pg)

And if the defense comes around by the time Belt play arrives this could be a Mean Green Christmas!

Big kudos to the Dallas Morning News as well. :rolleyes:

I opened the sports section to see DM and Casey's names at the top of the lists in the "Command Performances" or whatever they call it these days, and NEITHER was there.

Good job, Dallas Morning Fishwrap. :angry:

And to only slightly hi-jack the thread...this type of football fills seats...your average Dentonite with molderate intrest in football...or sports in general likes scoring and is a hole lot more inclined to go to a 6 and 6 team throwing for 700 yards than a 8-4 or 9-3 slow plodding, defensive minded team. Points and yards are marketable!

And to only slightly hi-jack the thread...this type of football fills seats...your average Dentonite with molderate intrest in football...or sports in general likes scoring and is a hole lot more inclined to go to a 6 and 6 team throwing for 700 yards than a 8-4 or 9-3 slow plodding, defensive minded team. Points and yards are marketable!

'02 Nichols State, anyone? GROSS

I think the quote goes something like this...

"Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships" I think it was Vince Lombardi, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I agree this is a more marketable brand of football, good for putting butts in seats at Fouts, but if we are going to win anything of consequence, we need to find a way to stop the other team from hanging half a hundred on us.

I trust Todge will find just those people for us in the next recruiting class or two.

Call me the pessimist but I would have rather had the Win against SMU than the moral victory with all the stats.

Fire away.........

Me too, but rather than a victory (after all we won last year) I'd prefer to see dramatic improvement and I saw that. If this team keeps improving then I will be happy, regardless of the win-loss total THIS YEAR. Now, next year the only stat I might pay attention to will be wins, but I recognize that this inevitably is a building/development year.