Please Provide Some In-game Updates

SouthBendGreen

Amen brother. We have just stepped on the first stone, while attempting to cross the river.

It is going to take some time. In the meantime, enjoy the ride. This was one heck of an exciting game. Isn't that what we have all wanted ? Exciting Football ?

Yes, it was exciting...and we will succeed with it eventually.

But, why are we wasting time with a guy that likely won't be our QB next year? And what happened to our defense?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

........So uhh Vizza next week.

I dont think so...I want to see Vizza play just as much as the next person but after just 2 games we have seen what an improvement Meager has made in comparison what he's done the last two seasons....sure he did make you crazy at the moment of INT's but thats just the spur of the moment fandom. Go with Meager next week.

HOW DID WE JUST SCREW THAT UP???

I'm sure it was Meager's fault.

You guys are ridiculous. Meager throws the ball 60 times, has 600 yards and 3 TD's. If we had any kind of defense he wouldn't have been in the position of needing to throw it late that created the interceptions. Give the young man a break.

what we saw was Meager rake in the yards but anytime there was the least bit of pressure he folded like a card house. Look at the last 2 INTs and the sacks in the last few drives. Won't even comment on the snap screw-up while down at the 1 yd line. Bring on Vizza, Meager has already had plenty of time.

what we saw was Meager rake in the yards but anytime there was the least bit of pressure he folded like a card house. Look at the last 2 INTs and the sacks in the last few drives. Won't even comment on the snap screw-up while down at the 1 yd line. Bring on Vizza, Meager has already had plenty of time.

What an assinine post.

I'm sure it was Meager's fault.

You guys are ridiculous. Meager throws the ball 60 times, has 600 yards and 3 TD's. If we had any kind of defense he wouldn't have been in the position of needing to throw it late that created the interceptions. Give the young man a break.

I'm not going to dump on Meager too much, but I think you hit on something when you said 600 yards and ONLY 3 TD's. I certainly like the yards, but not crazy about the TD's since we don't seem to be doing a whole hell of a lot on the ground.

This SMU offense did not score a TD against Texas Tech's suspect defense. Tonight, Tech gave up 31 to UTEP.

My only concern with this crazy offense is this -- yes, it's exciting, but are we going to be Texas Tech/Hawaii/Wherever Hal Mumme is where the defense is forced onto the field forever, every game is a track meet, etc? This defense was supposed to be the CLEAR strength of the team. SMU has comparable talent to NT and an offense that scored SIX on us last year and didn't get in the end zone once against TTU.

Tonight, talent wasn't the difference. We beat these guys 24-6 last year. We'll be seduced by the sexy numbers, but this hurts.

Tap the brakes guys. Meager just threw for 597 yards in ONE game. Fitzgerald had 326 yards receiving and Bjax had over 100. Sure Meager had three picks but if you think the offense cost us this game then you are wrong. This is our SECOND GAME in this new offense and we just broke the single game passing and receiving records. It is gonna take time for the team to get where we want to be but we just put up 634 yards of total offense. This offense is only going to get better. And remember when high school seniors that play on the offensive side of the ball see these kind of stats they will start salivating over playing in this kind of offense. We may have lost on the scoreboard, but we may be winning some recruiting battles with this kind of output.

And please explain to me how this defense was going to be the clear strength of this team. We may have brought back a majority of the starting defense from last year but that goes out the window because last years defense stunk. This defense hasn't been good since Gary DeLoach left.

Edited by Eagle-96

Tap the brakes guys. Meager just threw for 597 yards in ONE game. Fitzgerald had 326 yards receiving and Bjax had over 100. Sure Meager had three picks but if you think the offense cost us this game then you are wrong. This is our SECOND GAME in this new offense and we just broke the single game passing and receiving records. It is gonna take time for the team to get where we want to be but we just put up 634 yards of total offense. This offense is only going to get better. And remember when high school seniors that play on the offensive side of the ball see these kind of stats they will start salivating over playing in this kind of offense. We may have lost on the scoreboard, but we may be winning some recruiting battles with this kind of output.

I just heard Dunham state that Meager threw for more yards tonight than he did all last season...I'm definitely still excited about the rest of the season and beyond.

Edited by BeanCounterGrad'03