Listening To The Musers This Morning

gangrene

I won't go into the way Craig Miller pronounced North Texas in a demeaning manner or how he said that Phil Bennett would and should get fired if he loses to North Texas two years in a row.

What I really want to post is what Georgie mentioned. He said that there are ongoing discussions to renew a multi-year agreement to continue the SMU-UNT series! I think that is exciting news and I hope the contract gets finalized. I was under the impression that the SMU administration was not considering renewing the series and that tomorrow's game might be our last meeting for several years.

Can we fire Craig Miller from having any association with North Texas? :angry:

I sent Craig an email one day about his comments about UNT, and can understand to a degree where he is coming from, however, I do wish he would quit with the "hater" attitude of his school where he graduated from. I also love the Hardline, but I wish Grego would stop referring to us as North Texas State. I know his is more of a bit than anything, but I do get a little tired head from it.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I sent Craig an email one day about his comments about UNT, and can understand to a degree where he is coming from, however, I do wish he would quit with the "hater" attitude of his school where he graduated from. I also love the Hardline, but I wish Grego would stop referring to us as North Texas State. I know his is more of a bit than anything, but I do get a little tired head from it.

I quit listening to the Ticket years ago because of Craig Miller and Rhymes. I do not understand to any degree Miller's disdain for North Texas. I might be able to see his enthusiasm for OU but not his dislike of his alma mater. Rhymer just rubs me the wrong way. I can take a little of Grego if he's no worse than he was a few years back. Neither are enjoyable to me. I don't have to listen to them and I don't. If George wasn't there I'd be surprised if they'd have a half-dozen listeners that had any love for UNT.

I quit listening to the Ticket years ago because of Craig Miller and Rhymes. I do not understand to any degree Miller's disdain for North Texas. I might be able to see his enthusiasm for OU but not his dislike of his alma mater. Rhymer just rubs me the wrong way. I can take a little of Grego if he's no worse than he was a few years back. Neither are enjoyable to me. I don't have to listen to them and I don't. If George wasn't there I'd be surprised if they'd have a half-dozen listeners that had any love for UNT.

I just figured that as much as George does for the school he would beat some sense into craig "the hateraide drinker" miller or at least bring more topics about the school into the show. I know they have the affiliation with the SMUg ponies, so it kind defeats their promotions. Oh Well.

Miller was a peevish and sad young man as a student....time has not been good to him, as he is still a sad somewhat young man who now has developed a chip on his shoulder about the university that gave him the training to do what he wants for a living. Every Miller there are a lot more Debbie Denmons and Rebecca Lopezs, Dave Barnetts, etc. They are loyal to their alma mater and they are the ones we want to embrace as fellow alumni, not the dissidents.

I wish sometimes George would just haul off and knock the you know what out of Miller. I understand him being born and raised in Oklahoma makes him a big OU fan, and I respect that. What I don't understand is his snubbing of North Texas. He must have learned something at North Texas because he does have a show in one of the largest radio markets in the United States, and a long running one at that. I like George Dunham, but Miller is the reason why I don't listen to the Ticket at that time, and for that matter, any other time.

I hope we continue the series with SMU, and since TCU won't play us, I would like to see a series against Rice or Houston. Playing down there might help us in recruiting that area.

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SMU!!!!!

Just to update the SMU/NT series, I had a chance to interview Phil Bennett this week and asked him multiple times about it. He says that both schools are very much talking about it. And just like us, he said if it were up to him the two schools would play every year. He sounded like he loved the idea of it and flat out said talks are in motion.

Patrick