Is There A Press Conference Today?

KingDL1

Todd Dodge Press Conference Aired Live Today

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 09/04/2007

DENTON, Tex. (9/4/07) –The Todd Dodge weekly press conference will also be aired live this afternoon at 12 p.m. on 88.1 FM KNTU. You can also listen to the press conference on the internet at www.kntu.com.

A live video feed is also available at Meangreensports.com.

http://www.meangreensports.com/liveEvents/...;DB_OEM_ID=1200

Edited by Greenblood94

Todd Dodge Press Conference Aired Live Today

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 09/04/2007

DENTON, Tex. (9/4/07) –The Todd Dodge weekly press conference will also be aired live this afternoon at 12 p.m. on 88.1 FM KNTU. You can also listen to the press conference on the internet at www.kntu.com.

A live video feed is also available at Meangreensports.com.

http://www.meangreensports.com/liveEvents/...;DB_OEM_ID=1200

Is the video feed free?

I'll add what I can remember:

-Todge kept coming back to tackling. Definitely a high priority this week.

-He doesn't give offensive/defensive MVP awards. They have a production point system and name the most productive players on each side: it was Fitz on offense and Weathers on D

-Another defense comment: need to work on angles. Some of you already touched on this, that OU beat us to the outside a lot...specifically the bubble screen. He brought up a successful defensive series in the early 2nd quarter: OU ran up the middle for a two yard gain, did the bubble screen (which was defended correctly) that only got 3 yards, and then an incomplete pass on 3rd down to force a punt. They'll look at that and say this is what we need to do, now what can we do to correct the other times where we failed?

-He played up SMU a lot about continuing a series with them. You could tell he sells the idea of "team of the metroplex".

-He feels very confident in addressing and correcting things this week. The team is feeling very good, but not getting lazy. They want to improve and show that they believe in this system. Dodge explains to them his expectations, and 95% of the time up to this point they have met them.

That's off the top of my head. I recognized Vito's voice a couple times. Let me answer some questions I know are floating around in some of your heads:

-No, he did not address Meager or Vizza. Quarterbacks were not brought up at all.

-He hates losing. It doesn't sit well with the team and that's the way he likes it. When you have true competitors, losing will put a sickness in your stomach and the only way to get it out is on the practice field the following Monday.

back to work. hope that helps.

GOOD STUFF...THANKS FOR THE SUMMARY...YOU KNOW THE POOR DEFENSIVE SHOWING HAS THEM POORING OVER FILM TO GET THINGS CORRECTED.

Things = angles and tackles.

It maybe have been a poor showing, but I wouldn't label it a poor overall performance. There were some good things going on in there.

I think everyone needs to read this.

Edited by greenminer