Ou Football Player Arrested

Eagle-96

http://newsok.com/article/3114978/

OU Football Player Arrested

By James Tyree and Jake Trotter

The Oklahoman

Ryan Broyles, a freshman wide receiver on the University of Oklahoma football team, was arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of trying to steal gasoline from a Norman convenience store.

The 19-year-old Norman High graduate was arrested on suspicion of attempted larceny and taken to Cleveland County jail. He was released on a $200 bond.

Norman Police Capt. Leonard Judy said an officer around 12:10 a.m. spotted a sport utility vehicle parked at the gas pumps of the Mr. Shortstop store at Alameda Street and 12th Avenue SE. The store was closed, but the officer saw a man standing between the vehicle and a gas pump.

The investigating officer reported the man having a key to the pump along with overriding codes to activate the pump. The key unlocked a pump door that leads to a keypad on which to type the code.

A juvenile was in the vehicle, Judy said. The juvenile was cited for a curfew violation, but the report had no information on the person, including age, gender, or address.

http://newsok.com/article/3114978/

OU Football Player Arrested

By James Tyree and Jake Trotter

The Oklahoman

Ryan Broyles, a freshman wide receiver on the University of Oklahoma football team, was arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of trying to steal gasoline from a Norman convenience store.

The 19-year-old Norman High graduate was arrested on suspicion of attempted larceny and taken to Cleveland County jail. He was released on a $200 bond.

Norman Police Capt. Leonard Judy said an officer around 12:10 a.m. spotted a sport utility vehicle parked at the gas pumps of the Mr. Shortstop store at Alameda Street and 12th Avenue SE. The store was closed, but the officer saw a man standing between the vehicle and a gas pump.

The investigating officer reported the man having a key to the pump along with overriding codes to activate the pump. The key unlocked a pump door that leads to a keypad on which to type the code.

A juvenile was in the vehicle, Judy said. The juvenile was cited for a curfew violation, but the report had no information on the person, including age, gender, or address.

While I'm always quick to jump on a BCS thug when I see one this article leaves more questions than answers. How many people do you know of that steal gas and have a key to the pump and a code to activate it? This kid could be guilty as sin but I think there's more to this.

Broyles had been playing very well in practices this year and would have likely seen some playing time. What a waste to throw away such a huge opportunity over something so stupid. I hope Stoops boots him from the team. OU has had enough bad publicity lately and he needs to set an example.

There must be more to this story-

1. How did this kid have the key and the codes to open and turn on the pumps?

2. Who gave the key and codes to the kid anyway?

3. Is the convenience store suppling other zero u players keys and codes for free gas?

4. Driving a SUV--I wonder if the car came from the Big Red car dealer?

5. Posted bond of $200 cash--Heck, I'm lucky to have $20 bucks in my pocket!

6. The kid was a Okie State recruit, but, suddenly changed commitment to OU at the last

minute just before signing day? Hummm! (SUV-free gas) Makes you wonder.

I am sure the athletic dept at zero u will try to make this story go away quick-

I bet the kid gets booted off the team!

According to the Ticket he was THE NUMBER TWO Receiver.... not Second team

The Ticket is mistaken. Broyles is a second team receiver. Broyles is a redshirt Freshman who likely would have seen some time tomorrow - he has been praised by Stoops. However, OU is fairly loaded at receiver with (1) Malcolm Kelly, (2) Joaquin Iglesias, (3) Adron Tennel, (4) Brandon Caleb...

From the Tulsa World:

Strong gone: Oklahoma wide receiver Fred Strong has left the football team, university officials confirmed Thursday.

Strong, a sophomore from Austin, caught nine passes for 73 yards last season. Strong was expected to contribute to this year's team but wasn't healthy in the preseason and was passed on the depth chart by sophomore Adron Tennell and freshman Ryan Broyles.