We Should Build A Bigger Stadium

Quoner

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the new stadium should be built to just fit our average attendance based on the last 7 years, then the stadium would look full all the time!!!

I disagree completely. I think we should build it based not on how many fans we actually draw but how many fans a school of our size, with the size of our alumni base, the size of the metropolitan area we live in, and the opponents we might/hypothetically/maybe bring in should we build a stadium large enough for their large contingent of visiting fans. I think we should do this because anyone who knows anything about anything knows that if you want to fix a problem it's best not to look for the sensible short-term solution but much better to look for the hyper expensive pie in the sky alternative regardless of whether it prevents you from doing something about the problem for an additional decade because of cost prohibitions.

Edited by emmitt01

I like Fouts. I know it's not the best place to play a or watch a football game, but if you think about it, It's been a tradition since 1952.

I can't do this.....

I tried to pretend like I like Fouts, but i just can't. I can't wait to see Fouts as a pile of busted concrete and steel.

I disagree completely. I think we should build it based not on how many fans we actually draw but how many fans a school of our size, with the size of our alumni base, the size of the metropolitan area we live in, and the opponents we might/hypothetically/maybe bring in should we build a stadium large enough for their large contingent of visiting fans. I think we should do this because anyone who knows anything about anything knows that if you want to fix a problem it's best not to look for the sensible short-term solution but much better to look for the hyper expensive pie in the sky alternative regardless of whether it prevents you from doing something about the problem for an additional decade because of cost prohibitions.

I think he was being sarcastic...although I do agree with you. It is like "Dressing for Success"...or "dressing" for the job you want, not the job you already have.

Wow, I don't know what I was thinking I do like your plan better!

I like Fouts. I know it's not the best place to play a or watch a football game, but if you think about it, It's been a tradition since 1952.

I can't do this.....

I tried to pretend like I like Fouts, but i just can't. I can't wait to see Fouts as a pile of busted concrete and steel.

Let it out, meangreenfreak...let it out...

The horse is DEAD already!!!! Stop beating it... PLEASE!!!! :wacko:

On a more serious note, I just got back from a cross country car trip up through the Midwest and back down the Eastern Seaboard. We stopped and toured a lot of schools and stadiums including still 1AA WKU. I wasn't very impressed with WKU's Bowling Green campus, but the double decker eastern side of their stadium was pretty impressive. Now they picked up close to 40 million to renovate the west side along with the endzones. If little Western Kentucky in little old Bowling Green can do it, why the hell can't we? Pretty depressing. Also, I was very impressed with Louisville's new Papa John's Stadium down the road from WKU. It's amazing what a little success can do for you.

http://www.wkusports.com/news.cgi?article=5513&sports=5