Coach's Apparel

UNTflyer

Wrapping up the unveiling of the uniform is the coaches attire. Former North Texas letterman and current wide receivers coach Clayton George modeled the coaches cold weather gear which is provided by Under Armour. The coaches wear contrasting colors from the players uniforms for both home and away games, helping the players on the field quickly and easily identify the coaches sending in the signals.

AQPEFQNHHLNZURC.20070801141524.jpg

BWPSWJYTGXJIBPS.20070801141546.jpg

LORZVQVOLWANGLB.20070801143826.jpg

UIYRSEGDNUMUPMC.20070801141610.jpg

Edited by UNTflyer

I'm glad everyone loves that hat. I, too, saw it at the spring game (both being worn by the coaching staff and for sale at Voertman's). Though I've seen the same style at several other universities (UT comes to mind), I'm not too fond of it. Maybe it will grow on me but, right now, it looks like someone cut up an 80's style jersey and sewed it onto the hat. I went for the more traditional look. I looked on Voertman's web site and they don't actually have the hat I purchased, nor do they have the one pictured on Coach George.

The one I bought looks like this, only it has the "North Texas" and "Mean Green" on the back in all white letters.

Here are several more nice designs available at Voertman's ***Warning, some images may be offensive as they contain colors other than kelly green, or any other variations of the color green. Viewers are urged to exercise caution when clicking the following link***: Caps and Visors

Edited by gangrene

WTF!!!! BLACK??? Uuuuuugggghhhhhh. We are the Mean GREEN for Gods sake! The coaches won't have on any Green at all except the hat. How moronic is that?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!

Also, I would guess that the had doesn't have SOW on it so it will match our helmets that have just the text on them.

The coaches wear contrasting colors from the players uniforms for both home and away games, helping the players on the field quickly and easily identify the coaches sending in the signals.

So put green stripes on the sleeves, collar and logos. And leave the main shirt Black or White. No Green at all is just Stupid!!

I hope that the Uniforms aren't this dissapointing. Maybe that is why coach isn't smiling. :ph34r:

WTF!!!! BLACK??? Uuuuuugggghhhhhh. We are the Mean GREEN for Gods sake! The coaches won't have on any Green at all except the hat. How moronic is that?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!

Also, I would guess that the had doesn't have SOW on it so it will match our helmets that have just the text on them.

I just read that the coaches are wearing contrasting colors to the players so that the players will easily be able to spot the coaches and signals from them. Since the coaches gear is white and black I guess it's safe to assume that the players will have on green jerseys. I think it's important that the players look Mean and Green. Not the coaches.

I just read that the coaches are wearing contrasting colors to the players so that the players will easily be able to spot the coaches and signals from them. Since the coaches gear is white and black I guess it's safe to assume that the players will have on green jerseys. I think it's important that the players look Mean and Green. Not the coaches.

I would think the coaches will wear white when the players are in their green jerseys, and black when they are in their "Away Whites"

Well...it only took 7 hours and 33 minutes...but someone FINALLY bitched about it. :)

I would think the coaches will wear white when the players are in their green jerseys, and black when they are in their "Away Whites"

That's what I figure as well. When you're looking for the signals, I'd bet it's a lot faster to do it when the coaches are in all white when the team is in green, and when the coaches are black-clad and the team is in white or whatever the away uniform is.

This is the hat I prefer, although the coach's hats aren't that bad.

13140199l.jpg

I like that hat too and debated long and hard between that one and the one I chose. I picked the one with "North Texas" on the front simply because when I wear it, I want people to know that it's a UNT hat. I'm afraid the general public is still largely unaware that the SOW logo represents UNT. Then again, maybe I'm giving too much credit to the general public's ability to link "North Texas" to the University of North Texas too....when I was in Hong Kong recently, a woman saw "North Texas" written on my GREEN shirt and stopped me. I'll spare everyone the details of the ensuing conversation, but she basically thought that the "North Texas" on my shirt signified that I was from the North Texas area, as in DFW, and was completely unaware of the association with UNT (if she'd even heard of UNT - I was unable to determine that).

I like that hat too and debated long and hard between that one and the one I chose. I picked the one with "North Texas" on the front simply because when I wear it, I want people to know that it's a UNT hat.

I have this hat. It's a fitted cap and has the "North Texas" on the back seam. I wear it backwards, so the "North Texas"is on the front.

You can count me in as one that would rather the coaches wear all green instead of the black. Sorry if you consider it complaining, but we are White and Green, not black. I bet we won't see the UT coaching staff wearing all black.

Contrasting colors are logical... I am just saying, why could we not have had green accents on the White and Black shits... oh sorry, shirts.

I like that hat too and debated long and hard between that one and the one I chose. I picked the one with "North Texas" on the front simply because when I wear it, I want people to know that it's a UNT hat. I'm afraid the general public is still largely unaware that the SOW logo represents UNT. Then again, maybe I'm giving too much credit to the general public's ability to link "North Texas" to the University of North Texas too....when I was in Hong Kong recently, a woman saw "North Texas" written on my GREEN shirt and stopped me. I'll spare everyone the details of the ensuing conversation, but she basically thought that the "North Texas" on my shirt signified that I was from the North Texas area, as in DFW, and was completely unaware of the association with UNT (if she'd even heard of UNT - I was unable to determine that).

I got a SOW hat last year and my mother-n-law said "I didn't know you were a Philly fan!!??".

Now, everytime I wear it I get this feeling that my fellow Cowboy fans are wishing death upon me. :o

I got a SOW hat last year and my mother-n-law said "I didn't know you were a Philly fan!!??".

Now, everytime I wear it I get this feeling that my fellow Cowboy fans are wishing death upon me. :o

My better half jokes that it looks like a Philly Eagles hat... it looks NOTHING like the Eagles' logo. Thankfully, only women seem to make this comparison.