Vizza And Riley Does Anyone Realize We Will Have Offensive Mvp Of Cla

OldTimer

Lets hope that Vizza will still come to NT...its great to have two QB's who know the spread offense....one could always get hurt.

My hope is we don't lose Vizza............My other hope is that landing Riley will bring Blake Cantu and OT Jack Jackson from SLC HS to NT and that his committment will get some us some OL beef to protect them and DL beef to stop opponents offense.

Isn't Vizza already at UNT, enrolled in summer classes on scholarship? One reason I think he stays. Even more significant, Vizza strikes me as a young man with confidence. TD is not going to give Riley the starting nod because he is his son--if Vizza earns the starting job, it's his. If Vizza knows this and has confidence in his own ability, he is going to stick with it.

I guess when you really think about it, Vizza had to know that Riley was coming. There was no way the Dodge football family was going to seperate on game days, just no way. It would have killed Todd not to see Riley play. With that said, you just had to know that Vizza knew it was going to happen. Vizza has big italian meatballs to look in the mirror every day and know that you have to beat the Head Coaches son, that takes big balls.

You have to respect a kid like that. I give him credit for coming to UNT and not going to Rice or Nevada knowing that strong possiblity.

The Riley Dodge story is great for our program. It will really be something when he gets on campus in 2008.

I just want to point out the obvious (again): we are realizing what most college programs already have the luxury of claiming, a true QB BATTLE. With the exception of Scott Hall, we aren't talking during the offseason about "waiting for one to show their capable."

let the good times roll

I don't think it will be an issue. The smart thing to do would be to allow GV to be on teh active roster as a freshman. He doesn't have to start but put him in the 3 QB rotation along with Wilson & Meager. If he can crack the starting spot, then so be it.

When Junior get's here, immediately red shirting him will give him a 2 year "window of opportunity" to take over the QB spot. This puts NT in a great position.

I don't think it will be an issue. The smart thing to do would be to allow GV to be on teh active roster as a freshman. He doesn't have to start but put him in the 3 QB rotation along with Wilson & Meager. If he can crack the starting spot, then so be it.

When Junior get's here, immediately red shirting him will give him a 2 year "window of opportunity" to take over the QB spot. This puts NT in a great position.

NO, NO, NO,NO,NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NO, NO, NO. (A lil Norm for this Sunday morning)

No 3 QB rotation!!! Name a starter and let him go...if he's absolutly terrible after a few games, make a change. Whoever it is give him the confidence to make a mistake and not see the next guy throwing on the sideline immediatly.

NO, NO, NO,NO,NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NO, NO, NO. (A lil Norm for this Sunday morning)

No 3 QB rotation!!! Name a starter and let him go...if he's absolutly terrible after a few games, make a change. Whoever it is give him the confidence to make a mistake and not see the next guy throwing on the sideline immediatly.

I meant to say put him in on the 3-deep roster at QB. I'm fully expecting Wilson & Meager to be the other 2. Now who starts from there is anyone's guess.

Edited by Got5onIt