D C T F North Texas Prediction/comments

MeanGreen61

Most of you have seen Dave Campbell's North Texas predictions/comments. Agree ? Disagree ?

@ Oklahoma ....Loss (Tough way for Todd Dodge to open)

@ SMU .........Loss (2nd straight difficult road game)

FLA. ATLANTIC..Win (Finally the home opener & 1st win)

@Arkansas .....Loss (Hogs just too physical & quick)

@UL-Lafayette..Win (Spread offense improving by the week)

UL-MONROE .....Win (Home folks get to see the offense click)

@ Troy.........Loss (Sun Belt favorites always tough at home)

MIDDLE TENN....Win (Upset has the conference taking notice)

NAVY...........Win (Contrasting style favors home team)

@Ark. State....Loss (Bubble bursts on the road)

WESTERN KY.....Win (Transitional team no match for the Green)

Fla. Int'l.....Win (Impressive season wraps up with win)

2007 record 7-5

Frankly, I think that's a pretty reasonable and positive prediction. I'd rather add SMU to the wins even if it meant adding a conference loss away, due to the added local attention that back to back Pony-whipping would generate.

But I don't think anybody would be justified in griping about a turnaround from 3-9 to 7-5, regardless of its makeup.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Here's my take on the DCTF projections:

OU - Right, it would be a lot to expect a win, but you never know... (L)

SMU - No way, we stomped em even when things were going down the tubes (W)

FAU - Right, they will get to see the product of a winning attitude (W)

Arkansas - Right, again too much to expect, but you never know... (L)

Lafayette - Right, we also beat them even when things were going down the tubes (W)

Monroe - Right, they suck (W)

Troy - No, their bad team that did not play in the bowl will show up (W)

Middle - No, I do not think we will have improved 35 points relative to this team, but you never know... (L)

Navy - No, maybe if it were next year, but you never know... (L)

stAte - No, they have lost their identity and regardless will be no match for our system by this time (W)

WacKY - Right (W)

FIU - Right. Does that team actually have fans, I mean other than the ones who thougt they were FAU? (W)

My predicted NT record: 8-4 (but you never know). My predcted DCTF accuracy: 7 (right) -5 (wrong). 58%. That would be an F. We seem to have traded some wins in the middle of the season; the difference is they are overestimating SMU. Of course it is up to our team not to underestimate them. Either way, if we get 7 or 8 wins, that will be a heck of a turnaround!

I think most of you are underestimating SMU, they will be better than any Belt club. Yes NT beat them, but they completely dominated Ark State last year. NT will have a very difficult time playing them away in the second game of TD's program. The emotional edge that NT enjoyed last year will have disappeared. Both teams will be up for the game.

I will stick to my earlier 8-4 prediction with three OC loses, but NT will win the Belt with one loss.

SMU IS A MUST WIN period. Without that win our credibility in the metroplex takes a direct hit early. It is more important than any Sun Belt game and right up there with Navy. A win against SMU twice both home and away puts the stamp of an inferior program on them and basically kills their FB program in the very least for 2007. There is no more important game on our schedule of the non money games. A win here forces TCU to take us seriously in future scheduling.

I think most of you are underestimating SMU, they will be better than any Belt club. Yes NT beat them, but they completely dominated Ark State last year. NT will have a very difficult time playing them away in the second game of TD's program. The emotional edge that NT enjoyed last year will have disappeared. Both teams will be up for the game.

I will stick to my earlier 8-4 prediction with three OC loses, but NT will win the Belt with one loss.

Well put. I stop short of calling last years game a fluke...but SMU was a better team than what showed up at Fouts last season...perhaps that loss woke them up...but this years game at Ford won't be a cake walk. Add to the fact that Phil Bennett will essentially coaching for his job this season and SMU will be up for this game. UNT will be vastly improved this season, but these are still mostly DD's players...and while I love B-Jax, J-Mo, Mo-Ho and J-Chapo (maybe those nicknames don't work for Jeremiah) and respect what they have done here...I think in 5 years we'll be very disappointed if that is still the level of talent we're recruiting.

The SMU - UNT game should be one of the more entertaining and exciting games in recent memory...and while a win against Navy will garner more national attention, beating SMU will have much larger local implications, especially in terms of recruiting...because if we win this year, SMU will have the same buzz all summer that we've enjoyed this year surrounding their new coach.