New Chant

Boomer23

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the North Texas chant, but agree it needs to start and end in force. The student body has to yell NORTH about 3-4 times before the majority of the alumni get involved. There in lies your problem, when should it end? if you say 5 iterations, well by the time the alumni get going with it, it's done. Blah.

It'd be great if the students could start a "intro" of some sort. Maybe even just a long "heeeeeeeeeeeeeey". Don't ask me, but something specific that identifies this yell. So that when the alumni hear it, we know the chant is starting. Plus it gets all the students ready. It would sound like a low buzz that accumulates into a loud roar and then they start NORTH! (again, requires organization from cheerleaders or Talons).

Then the chant would go, let's say 5 iterations and we could end it with "FIGHT" in unison. Even better, end it with consecutive "FIGHT"s. And, yes, I don't care if it seems like a rip off of Texas. Farmers Fight is no different than Texas Fight or North Texas.

I recall three years ago when we played Texas just after Andrew's death. At the beginning when our fans still had an inkling of hope for a good game, the stadium started Texas Fight. Our small section started yelling North when the stadium yelled Fight to have our own NORTH-TEXAS chant. It actually worked out well and received a lot of attention. Plus it pissed off a bunch of Texas fans and that makes it all worth while. Point -- versatility.

And we when go to bowl games, we need to let everyone know to just yell the whole thing together instead of students vs alumni. Sounds dorky because no one knows what to do!

And if you really want to be original with the new era ... we could replace the NORTH-TEXAS chant with DODGE-BALL and end it with DUCK! in unison. Haha :lol::P

I'm down with this idea...not so much the HEYYYYYY

It always has to come back to the poop with you, doesn't it

For example . . .

Or maybe we could have a Navy ship in the sea and a GIANT eagle flying over head pooping but the poop is in the shape of missles and they are destroying the Battleship.
I like to poop too...ALOT!

Sometimes like 3-4 times a day. Gets annoying at times and hurts a little too. Just glad I'm not alone.

i got this new pic in my profile but want it to show up so everyeone can see my elephant pooping
Bottom line is there is no reason to continue this dispute merely because no other conference has offered us an invitation...BUT if they do and we decline, I'll burn my diploma and poop on the eagle's head in the middle of campus. If we accept, I will send my kids here.