New Chant

Boomer23

What do you all think about this as a new chant?

We can have the cheerleaders rolling their pom poms and we all chant Meeeeeeeeeeean and then they put up their arms or talons and G-R-E-E-N GREEN!

So all at once we would have a Meeeeeeeean G-R-E-E-N GREEN! or EAGLES!

It's something simple and everyone can do it in unison. Feedback?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before games (football and hoops), we used to have a great chant. Before the team came onto the field/court.....we yelled:

"Bring Out the Mean Green!".......(followed by a rhythmic clap that matched that chant)....then "Bring Out The Mean Green!" (followed by the rhythmic clap)...........continue both things for a minute or so. (chant followed by clap).

I would love to see that pre-game chant make a comeback.

Why not

U!

N!

T!

EAGLES!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

?

Just guessing here on your "Why Not?"....Because U...N....T is not our official/unofficial spirit cry. Go...Mean...Green is. When you see someone wearing NT gear at the airport or out of town or wherever outside of Denton like so many of us do you don't throw up a Talon and yell UNT!. No, you yell Go Mean Green!

Again, just guessing here.

Rick

Just guessing here on your "Why Not?"....Because U...N....T is not our official/unofficial spirit cry. Go...Mean...Green is. When you see someone wearing NT gear at the airport or out of town or wherever outside of Denton like so many of us do you don't throw up a Talon and yell UNT!. No, you yell Go Mean Green!

Again, just guessing here.

Rick

Fair enough. You start it, and if I'm there I'll follow. And I'm loud. :)

Why do people on this board always want to make up chants? I don't understand. Nothing that is made up on this board will ever get past the 3 rows of people that make up this board. Stupid chants don't make my game experience any better. In fact, I've become beaten down by the NORTH TEXAS chant at times. I usually sit behind the talons at the games and they always throw out these chants trying to get them to catch on and they never work.

While we're on this topic, why do we have fans who have to "beep" when the opponent is moving backwards? I've always thought this was dumb.

Why do people on this board always want to make up chants? I don't understand. Nothing that is made up on this board will ever get past the 3 rows of people that make up this board. Stupid chants don't make my game experience any better. In fact, I've become beaten down by the NORTH TEXAS chant at times. I usually sit behind the talons at the games and they always throw out these chants trying to get them to catch on and they never work.

While we're on this topic, why do we have fans who have to "beep" when the opponent is moving backwards? I've always thought this was dumb.

Wow?... I think we've found him. The author of the book "How to win friends and influence people", he's on our board!!!!!

I want an autograph... and a picture if it's not too much trouble? (I hear he looks like Harry Potter? My daughter would LOVE that!!!)

Hehehe... GMG!!! :)

We need new chants so that we can get our stadium to yell in unison and finally show the visiting team what North Texas is all about, kicking ace. I can also guarantee if we get a good chant together that it will surpass the first 3 rows.

I do understand how North - Texas gets annoying, it's because there is no end. We also need to put a definitive end to that chant, such as after 5 times we all yell FIGHT!

It will also be great in the long run to hear a unison chat on tv. Finally show everyone at home that UNT is no friendly place to play, we can be just as loud as any of the bigger schools.

I agree with doing a unison chant. What I don't understand is why people post chants on here. Lets let the cheerleaders or at least people actually involved in making those decisions decide on what we should do. There is nothing more defeating than hearing 3 people doing chants that no one else knows.

Now I understand why you have eppy as a screen name. Part of the "Scrappy is too mean of a name crowd?" There's a nice spot for you in the upper alumni side where the fans sit on their hands and gripe and people that stand up and cheer.

I dont know if I'd agree with "stupid". I do love the atmosphere, but I would caution about continiually bringing in New Chants. To date, if we did all the ones eveyone suggests, we'd have like 250 by now. I'm always going to regress back to the idea that simplicity is a better solution when it comes to the masses. I'm being a little sarcastic here, but we've tried about 7 shades of green, now have like 5 different fonts for 10 different departments, schools, programs and the like, along with 9 helmet changes in 20 years. Still think "new" is gonna help things? It's track record so far is nil. Either refine what we have now, or if you start something new, abandon an old idea that is PROVEN to no longer work. If you throw ideas on the table just for the sake of claiming "that one is mine", you're reward will be nothing more than confusion.

I know a good doctor who can prescribe some anti-depressants. Sounds like you might need them. Cheer-up. Have some fun. There are more people who browse this board without posting much than you might think.

Why do people on this board always want to make up chants? I don't understand. Stupid chants don't make my game experience any better.

Andy-rooney_on_60_minutes.jpg

why do we have fans who have to "beep" when the opponent is moving backwards? I've always thought this was dumb.

It's mimicing the back up alarms on big equipment. I think it's kind of funny.

It's not that I don't agree with cheering. In fact to place me on the alumni side sitting on my hands while others cheer isn't correct. Like I said before I always sit behind the talons and am on my feet cheering the entire game. I'm simply asking why we always debate chants on a message board?

UNT isn't made up of 30k gmgers. The people that post on and read this board aren't the norm. Coming up with chants that 30 people will read and understand makes no sense. Let the cheerleaders do their job as we continue to over analyze pointless topics.

It's not that I don't agree with cheering. In fact to place me on the alumni side sitting on my hands while others cheer isn't correct. Like I said before I always sit behind the talons and am on my feet cheering the entire game. I'm simply asking why we always debate chants on a message board?

UNT isn't made up of 30k gmgers. The people that post on and read this board aren't the norm. Coming up with chants that 30 people will read and understand makes no sense. Let the cheerleaders do their job as we continue to over analyze pointless topics.

I guess the point of many gmgers is that schools such as Memphis do this successfully and I don't think 40,000 read a message board to figure this out. But, someone has to take the first step, and if the die hard fans start a chant it should catch on.

A buddy and I always loved to sing this old English soccer song whenever a crap call went against the Mean Green

(to the tune of "Oh my darlin', Clementine")

Who's your father?

Who's your father?

Who's your father, referee?

Never had one.

Couldn't be one.

You're a bastard, referee

;)

I still get a kick out of it, and I would just once love to hear 20,000 Mean green fans singing this one in unison...

We need new chants so that we can get our stadium to yell in unison and finally show the visiting team what North Texas is all about, kicking ace. I can also guarantee if we get a good chant together that it will surpass the first 3 rows.

I do understand how North - Texas gets annoying, it's because there is no end. We also need to put a definitive end to that chant, such as after 5 times we all yell FIGHT!

It will also be great in the long run to hear a unison chat on tv. Finally show everyone at home that UNT is no friendly place to play, we can be just as loud as any of the bigger schools.

I think that would be awesome after 5 times if in unison we yelled FIGHT! That would be a sweet chant!