I'm afraid the Stars don't have enough goal scorers to stay in the playoffs very long. Modano's past his prime, and the rest of the roster are grinders. That's not going to get it done in a tight checking series.

Turco's been really good, but Luongo's matched him save for save. You can't win every game 1-0 or 2-1.

Turco's been really good, but Luongo's matched him save for save. You can't win every game 1-0 or 2-1.

Other than game 1, Turco's been GREAT !!! And they are trying to win every game 1-0 or 2-1. Great overtime win last night to bring game 6 to Dallas.

GO STARS !!!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

If you are a hockey fan at all you will hang your head low after last nights officiating, the Stars were given 22 minutes by 11 minor penalties and Vancouver was handed only 14 minutes with 7 minors. TO top it off 95% of the penalties called were not infractions, especially in the playoffs. Don't turn hockey in to wimpy sport please. In the playoffs they are supposed to play and the refs are not supposed to interfere unless penalties are very blatant. My god I bet that was a record or close to it for a playoff game, and it was nto a dirty game.

If you are a hockey fan at all you will hang your head low after last nights officiating, the Stars were given 22 minutes by 11 minor penalties and Vancouver was handed only 14 minutes with 7 minors. TO top it off 95% of the penalties called were not infractions, especially in the playoffs. Don't turn hockey in to wimpy sport please. In the playoffs they are supposed to play and the refs are not supposed to interfere unless penalties are very blatant. My god I bet that was a record or close to it for a playoff game, and it was nto a dirty game.

There were 18 penalties in one of the Detroit/Calgary games as well. Not unprecedented.

The Detroit/Calgary game had considerable amounts of embarrassing goonery that created its 18 penalties.

As for the Stars, if the refs call it that way, you either fight it out, dive to get your own calls, or deal with it. The Stars did nothing. The phantom high sticking call on might of been my favorite though. I have seen the Tippet coached Stars wine and cry at home when a team gets a bunch of PP (one year I saw the Oilers win a game where Fraser awarded 10 PPs and the fans threw beer at him as he left the ice), but the old Stars used to just take care of it. When they killed the 5-3 last night, I let myself believe this team had reached that point. My bad.

However, whining after a loss is very unbecoming - the team crapped away two home games that were a waste of my time and money to attend and that lost them the series. The only reason this isn't a total waste is that Turco finally got his confidence restored and the team got a taste of what kind of effort is required to win. Until they add a Chris Drury time of leader and banger who plays like Morrow, they will be lucky to win a round or two every post season. Unfortunately, Tom Hicks is a douche and won't rebuild this team because he's too busy stuffing soccer balls in his vagina.