Back From The Game...

We had a great time. There were a lot of fans in N.O. some I had never seen but most I recognized. Bourbon St. was rockin Thursday night. It was too quick of a trip of course, wished I could have at least stayed for the remainder of the friday games but we had to get back for a baseball game this morning. I have several photos I was to post and will do later.

As for the game, I was very, very impressed with our team's ability to run with the #5 team in the nation for a while. When NT went up by 5 in the first half it felt like we were riding on a magic carpet because everyone's spirit was so high. I felt, even with all that didn't go right at times that had we hit the slam and brought it within 2 that the game could have gone a different way. Most of the Nevada and Memphis people I talked to had a lot of great things to say about NT and I think the Mean Green impressed those who knew nothing about us. I'll say that JJ is still a very favorable guy in Memphis Tiger land as everyone seemed to remember him and respect him to this day for what he did for them in the past. It was wonderful to see Dr. B, LJ, RV and several BOR members and the rest of the Mean Green Nation all letting the team hear their support. The Pit Crew and Talons turned out very well for this game. We had a lot of students down there. The band, cheerleaders, dance team and Scrappy all represented us very well. Proud to just be a part of all of that, again.

Overall great trip. I'm looking forward to going back soon.

I'll post some pictures when I catch up on some sleep. Hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

We had a great time. There were a lot of fans in N.O. some I had never seen but most I recognized. Bourbon St. was rockin Thursday night. It was too quick of a trip of course, wished I could have at least stayed for the remainder of the friday games but we had to get back for a baseball game this morning. I have several photos I was to post and will do later.

As for the game, I was very, very impressed with our team's ability to run with the #5 team in the nation for a while. When NT went up by 5 in the first half it felt like we were riding on a magic carpet because everyone's spirit was so high. I felt, even with all that didn't go right at times that had we hit the slam and brought it within 2 that the game could have gone a different way. Most of the Nevada and Memphis people I talked to had a lot of great things to say about NT and I think the Mean Green impressed those who knew nothing about us. I'll say that JJ is still a very favorable guy in Memphis Tiger land as everyone seemed to remember him and respect him to this day for what he did for them in the past. It was wonderful to see Dr. B, LJ, RV and several BOR members and the rest of the Mean Green Nation all letting the team hear their support. The Pit Crew and Talons turned out very well for this game. We had a lot of students down there. The band, cheerleaders, dance team and Scrappy all represented us very well. Proud to just be a part of all of that, again.

Overall great trip. I'm looking forward to going back soon.

I'll post some pictures when I catch up on some sleep. Hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Rick

It was a good game and New Orleans was fun, as always. Memphis fans were all over the place, but they all had kind words for UNT and the team's effort. Here's to hoping for more fun times next year.