Drc Article On Tourney Impact

CMJ

UNT President Gretchen Bataille said the impact of the Mean Green's Sun Belt title and NCAA Tournament appearance will reach beyond the basketball program and help raise the university’s profile, locally and nationally, and lead to future opportunities for success in and out of the sports realm.

“You always know that athletics is the face of a university and this definitely bodes well for our future,” Bataille said. “It really gives us a national presence.”

She really gets it doesn't she.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't watch the game due to a business dinner but was watching the ticker in the bar holding my breath - then a fist into the air when I saw us highlighted in yellow.

I have been following the Mean Green since '86 and when you look at this decade, this is simply awesome:4 Bowl games and an trip to the Big Dance in the first 7 years of the new millenium. There have always been moments of excitement over the past 20 years but athletic success and North Texas in the same sentence shows me just how far we have come! Oh yea and the future is brighter than heck too!

GMG

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit being skeptical about what her hiring would do for the athletic program. But, I have really grown to respect Dr B.

She absolutely gets it, and that is a tremendous thing for the university.

---A successful athletic program is best and cheapest advertising a school can have.... it gets people's attention.... After you have their attention then everything else can be promoted. Athletic success can help our future grads as they enter the marketplace because employers actually will know where it is and that it is a major university.... Our students need to "get this" as well and support our programs..... it can do nothing but help them.....

---Do you honestly think you have ever been aware of Gonzaga if they had not been rather successful in Basketball?? (doubt it)

[ hoping for a 14-seed or better... then we have a better chance to keep playing. ]

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

You always know that athletics is the face of a university and this definitely bodes well for our future,” Bataille said. “It really gives us a national presence.”

She sure does! It is so refreshing to finally have an administration that knows what it takes and does it.

On a tangent to Dr. B, there was a meeting of LA alumni last night and a lady from the developmet office said Dr. B was running them ragged with her enthusiasm for everything NT. She said that our new President has every intention of moving beyond the Metroplex into being a brand the nation sees.

Good ole Gretchen will be here tonight. I can't wait to meet her.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

Yes she does, just as I felt she did after meeting her in Austin last September.

Speaking of the new millenium,

Thank you Bobby Ray, C. Dan Smith and the entire Board of Regents.

Thank you Dr. Battialle.

Thank you Dr. Pohl.

Thank you Rick V.

Thank you Coach Gene Stallings(if you were there, you know where I'm coming from with this one).

Thank you Harry Miers.

Just to name a few....

Rick