Just Back From The Game...

And like the plate says:

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/ntwins1.jpg

NT WINS!!!!!

As I stated, I just got home. What a great time we had. Great food, great game and great win. I would have been sick had I missed being there watching history being made. It's also been great listening to all the radio shows talking about the Mean Green this morning once we got into the metroplex. E and I drove straight back home after the game so I'm gonna go rest up a bit and check back in later. Pretty exhausting 27 straight hours.

IT'S ALL GOOD, AND ALL GREEN!

Rick

FirefightnRick said:
And like the plate says:

NT WINS!!!!!

As I stated, I just got home. What a great time we had. Great food, great game and great win. I would have been sick had I missed being there watching history being made. It's also been great listening to all the radio shows talking about the Mean Green this morning once we got into the metroplex. E and I drove straight back home after the game so I'm gonna go rest up a bit and check back in later. Pretty exhausting 27 straight hours.

Rick

Good shot of you three - how many fans did we have out of the 409 that were in attendence?

FirefightnRick said:
And like the plate says:

NT WINS!!!!!

Rick

---Too bad we don't many students 1/10 as rabid you guys are ...... and actually walk across campus to watch them play and show pride in their university.

--- I know you enjoyed it but thanks for going and showing support to the guys.....

Guess what is flying in front of house today??? Hint: It looks a lot like Rick's shirt.............

Good shot of you three - how many fans did we have out of the 409 that were in attendence?

If I had to guess I'd say 40% of the fans were ours, but from where I was sitting it was kind of hard to tell. It was pretty sad to see that maybe 10 students made the trip including myself and my fiance. Hopefully we'll get better attendance if we make it again next year.

If I had to guess I'd say 40% of the fans were ours, but from where I was sitting it was kind of hard to tell. It was pretty sad to see that maybe 10 students made the trip including myself and my fiance. Hopefully we'll get better attendance if we make it again next year.

i would of been there if not for mid-terms, I'm sure I wasn't the only student with this problem

i would of been there if not for mid-terms, I'm sure I wasn't the only student with this problem

thats the problem with the dates the conference champ falls on- right before spring break when all the mid terms are usually held. At least with the Big 12 tourney, you have the games AFTER exams. Such is the price you pay to have your games on National TV, which I think we can all agree is of utmost importance at this point...

lafphoto7balloons_288x216.jpg

By the way, I kept wondering what the yellow and blue balloons up in the rafters were for. Now I know but are yellow and blue the new colors of the Sunbelt Conference now?

Also, here's a photo of ASU's Indian Mascot(two of three mascots in attendance). Just wondering but did ASU finally get the NCAA to bend their way on the anti Native American imagery during a championship event rule(unless your Fl State), or were they just refilming that old national promo we always saw run on TV back in the 70's about people poluting?

asuindianmascot_250x187.jpg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

lafphoto7balloons_288x216.jpg

By the way, I kept wondering what the yellow and blue balloons up in the rafters were for. Now I know but are yellow and blue the new colors of the Sunbelt Conference now?

Also, here's a photo of ASU's Indian Mascot(two of three mascots in attendance). Just wondering but did ASU finally get the NCAA to bend their way on the anti Native American imagery during a championship event rule(unless your Fl State), or were they just refilming that old national promo we always saw run on TV back in the 70's about people poluting?

asuindianmascot_250x187.jpg

Rick

FFR,

I believe the whole mascot issue is only a problem if a certain tribe or that particular tribe mascot of that school is not accepted by the actual tribe. Like if the Apache tribe was supporting and had no problem with abc university sporting its mascot then the ncaa would allow that mascot and nickname to be used. If i'm not mistaken...the schools that had to change were the ones that had the native tribes up their arses and creating a big fit about it. I may be wrong but thats what i've understood it to be.

I also wanted to add my thoughts on the game last night.

I now understand why it's stated that North Texas has the most physically talented team in the Belt. That, and out right hustle won this game for us last night. It became evident right off that even though they had the size advantage on us during key matchups, ASU didn't have the speed to keep up with this team. I'm also completely blown away at how some of our guys have the ability to jump right out of the gym to go after balls or to take it to the hole. When our shots wouldn't fall at the stripe you could tell the guys were just going to outhustle ASU to the ball to get it back. Bell's rebounds after the missed free throws were insane. NT wanted this game more, bottom line. And that made this win even that much more sweeter.

It's scary to think this team could easily be a 27-6 program. For the level we are at right now this is truly something to build on for the future. After the tourney the sky is the limit. No reason we can't repeat next year for sure.

Rick