As a long suffering; and by long I mean Bobby Douglas as the QB long; Chicago Bears fan , tonight is like Christmas Eve for a kid for me. I'm just hoping that I don't end up with a lump of coal; Grossman with 3 Int's; as my present. Anyway, the drinking has already begun, ... "I'm not here looking for trouble, I'm just here to do the SuperBowl Shuffle" AGAIN !!! GO BEARS !!! :D

As a long suffering; and by long I mean Bobby Douglas as the QB long; Chicago Bears fan , tonight is like Christmas Eve for a kid for me. I'm just hoping that I don't end up with a lump of coal; Grossman with 3 Int's; as my present. Anyway, the drinking has already begun, ... "I'm not here looking for trouble, I'm just here to do the SuperBowl Shuffle" AGAIN !!! GO BEARS !!! :D

Well I got the lump of coal, so to speak. :( The drinking continues.

Well, maybe a little. I've always liked Dungee as a coach and Peyton is perhaps one of the best [ever] QBs in the NFL.

Perhaps the best QB ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, what the F*** did you smoke tonight.....Manning is well NOW 7-6 in the playoffs....

Ever heard of a QB named Troy Aikman who won 3 Super Bowls and became a Hall of Famer last year.

I guess either you just started watching pro football on Super Bowl Sunday or you just plain forgot who Troy Aikman was

Living in Arkansas for too long wil do that to ya...

Perhaps the best QB ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the F*** did you smoke tonight?.....Manning is well NOW 7-6 in the playoffs....

Ever heard of a QB named Troy Aikman who won 3 Super Bowls and became a Hall of Famer last year?

I guess either you just started watching pro football on Super Bowl Sunday or you just plain forgot who Troy Aikman was.

Living in Arkansas for too long will do that to ya...

Was Troy Aikman the best you could do? :ermm:

I'd like to clarify, I said one of the best.

I love how you associate Super Bowl appearances/victories with how good a QB is. I suppose you have a man-crush on Tom Brady as well? Poor Jim Kelley, who is 0-4 in consecutive Super Bowls appearances, just doesn't stand a chance in your eyes, does he?

Second, I can name a couple QBs that were/are pretty damn good, but have poor post season records. For instance, Dan Marino never got to play in the Super Bowl. Brett Farve is also 1-1 in Super Bowls, and could be in the HOF right now if he'd ever retire.

Feel free though, to browse over some of Peyton's NFL Records. I'm pretty confident that Peyton will make the HOF the first year he is eligible.

Second, I can name a couple QBs that were/are pretty damn good, but have poor post season records. For instance, Dan Marino never got to play in the Super Bowl. Brett Farve is also 1-1 in Super Bowls, and could be in the HOF right now if he'd ever retire.

Marino did make a Superbowl, only one and he lost to Joe Montana and the 49ers. But that doesn't take away from his greatness. Aikman could not hold Marino's jock.

In Super Bowl XIX Marino and the Dolphins met Joe Montana and the 49ers. The Dolphins, who had 74 rush attempts in the previous two weeks, called only 8 handoffs, placing their chances squarely on Marino. Marino was above average, completing 29 of 50 passes for 318 yards and a touchdown. Unfortunately, two of his passes were intercepted deep in 49ers territory and he committed the game's lone fumble. The 38-16 loss would be Marino's only Super Bowl appearance; as was the case for most of his career a sparse running attack and average defense would cost the Dolphins. A Pepsi commercial released in the wake of the game had Montana and Marino talking next to a vending machine. Montana bought a Pepsi each for himself and Marino, after which Marino said, "Next year...I'm buying."

You dont need to win multiple super bowls and have this glorious playoff record to be a great qb. Peyton is an all around qb that just tears defenses apart. Sure Brady has won three to Peyton's 1 but sometimes players arent just as lucky winning that many. Things always dont go way in seasons and thats whats happen with plenty of qbs out there. In my opinion Dan Marino is the greatest qb every to play cuz he NEVER had the team Peyton, Joe Montana, Troy, Elway and etc had...yet he dominated his position and always kept his team in the game. He made THE SPAREST OF SPARE wr's into very nice or very good recievers. When its all said and done I think Peyton will be regarded as the best qb ever but I think Peyton has had teams that Marino never had unfortunately. Troy Aikman no doubt was awesome at his position and he was just as good as anyone else but to say he was dominant like Peyton or Marino or even an Elway I think is going a little overoboard. However in Aikman's defense he never really needed to take over games cuz the boys were just awesome from a to z. These discussions are never ending so who knows who is right or wrong and etc but all I know is I thoroughly enjoyed watching one of the great qb's of all time TEAR UP a bears defense that were touted as the best defense in several years and I took it all in because you never know when you are going to watch greatness like that again.

Edited by Green Mean

Was Troy Aikman the best you could do? :ermm:

I'd like to clarify, I said one of the best.

I love how you associate Super Bowl appearances/victories with how good a QB is. I suppose you have a man-crush on Tom Brady as well? Poor Jim Kelley, who is 0-4 in consecutive Super Bowls appearances, just doesn't stand a chance in your eyes, does he?

Feel free though, to browse over some of Peyton's NFL Records. I'm pretty confident that Peyton will make the HOF the first year he is eligible.

To further your point, I think you could say that Aikman is the most accurate passer of all-time. When looking at QBs, you have to consider not only their accolades, but their presence on the field. Peyton is one heck of a field general. To that end, I think you have to add Brett Favre to the list of great QBs. What that guy can do on the field is nothing short of amazing. Now, you might think his stock is dropping from the last two abysmal years and his gigantic list of interceptions. However, I submit I believe it was the last game of the 2005 season for the Packers. The Packers were down in the 4th quarter, and Brett gets the crap knocked out of him on a sack. He barely got up, and ran to the sidelines, but just as quickly ran back onto the field. Before the Packers could call a timeout and get him off the field, he snaps the ball and throws for a touchdown, pulling the Packers ahead. As he ran off the field, he clearly didn't even know where he was, and they took him out of the game, but his actions sparked a victory for the Packers that day. For Favre, it's just automatic.

Perhaps the best QB ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, what the F*** did you smoke tonight.....Manning is well NOW 7-6 in the playoffs....

Ever heard of a QB named Troy Aikman who won 3 Super Bowls and became a Hall of Famer last year.

I guess either you just started watching pro football on Super Bowl Sunday or you just plain forgot who Troy Aikman was

Living in Arkansas for too long wil do that to ya...

I like how you assume that just because he lives in Arkansas he's unfamiliar with Troy Aikman. And of course, there never was a better QB than Troy Aikman, because he won 3 Super Bowls. I guess you forgot about the great Terry Bradshawwho won FOUR (that's 4) Super Bowls. Oh yeah, he's in the HOF too. Who's the football newbie? :rolleyes:

Edited by untgirl04