Coach Dickey

Harry

I agree with Harry.

Not to be an old-timer (oops, too late), but those who haven't been around North Texas and Denton since the 1960s may not remember the absolutely dreadful condition North Texas football was in for a very, very long time. In the twenty-two years between Hayden Fry's departure and UNT's first New Orleans Bowl season, North Texas was 98-144-3. Seven winning seasons, fifteen losing seasons, and terrible fan indifference. I never thought I'd see North Texas in a bowl game.

So despite the unfortunate way things ended, my thanks to Coach Dickey for giving North Texas championship games at Fouts Field and that bowl victory in New Orleans, which will forever be among my most cherished sports memories.

Best of luck to him in Utah, and best of health to him.

Agree with you, I went to the first three N.O. bowls and though we lost two of those, they were all fun(cinci. was fantastic). Hope the new enviornment does him, his family, and USU some good. Being an OC as opposed to HC has got to be better for his health.

I agree with Harry.

Not to be an old-timer (oops, too late), but those who haven't been around North Texas and Denton since the 1960s may not remember the absolutely dreadful condition North Texas football was in for a very, very long time. In the twenty-two years between Hayden Fry's departure and UNT's first New Orleans Bowl season, North Texas was 98-144-3. Seven winning seasons, fifteen losing seasons, and terrible fan indifference. I never thought I'd see North Texas in a bowl game.

So despite the unfortunate way things ended, my thanks to Coach Dickey for giving North Texas championship games at Fouts Field and that bowl victory in New Orleans, which will forever be among my most cherished sports memories.

Best of luck to him in Utah, and best of health to him.

Just a fact 98-144-3 is a 0.400 winning percentage

Dickey's 42-64-0 is a 0.396 winning percentage

Thank God we now have Dodge!!!

I really think this needs to be a positive thread. Coach Dickey did some good things for us during his tenure here and I wish him nothing but the best in his new job.

I was on board with that sentiment until the uniform stunt. I don't wish ill on the guy, but I'm not going to pretend I hope he does well elsewhere. He's lucky to get a new gig that close to a head position.

Edited by rcade

I was on board with that sentiment until the uniform stunt. I don't wish ill on the guy, but I'm not going to pretend I hope he does well elsewhere. He's lucky to get a new gig that close to a head position.

I agree with you rcade... I wish no ill on anyone... but there are alot of people who would not be too upset with a 400k check to go away... and his comments and actions were very out of line.

http://mb4.scout.com/futahstatefrm3.showMe...=21&stop=34

Whoever FYI is on that thread...not cool!! Why can't you just leave DD alone, now that he's no longer a part of UNT? I was not happy with him here either, but I'm not going to try to sabotage his new job before he even gets started. Just let it go man...let it go...

http://mb4.scout.com/futahstatefrm3.showMe...=21&stop=34

Whoever FYI is on that thread...not cool!! Why can't you just leave DD alone, now that he's no longer a part of UNT? I was not happy with him here either, but I'm not going to try to sabotage his new job before he even gets started. Just let it go man...let it go...

I've been a defender of DD here...but I'm not sure that poster said anything that wasn't true.

I've been a defender of DD here...but I'm not sure that poster said anything that wasn't true.

No doubt, I would want to be warned if a guy like Dickey was just named our OC. How sorry do you want to feel for Dickey, he walked a way with over half a million dollars plus all the other BS he pulled.