TD and recruiting

H-towngreen

There seems to be a lot of talk about TD and recruiting this year. I'm not that worried about it.

Oldtimer has stated that NT had close to 10 commits already, 2 having switched from Big 12 schools. I would expect TD to keep those if he so chooses.

I have heard of 4 recruits from SLC and I would expect to get at least a couple of those.

Next factor in other HS coaches that he brings in as assistants. George from Hathem? would prolly bring a couple along.

The system that he runs is attractive to skill position players.

I suspect that his name recognition alone will bring in a few. This will be huge and go along way in the DFW area. I count on TD to get several prospects who have already committed to change to NT.

Although he is getting a late start I have full faith that he will bring in a quality class.

You know what's depressing???

NT has no committs on the Rivals list...NONE! sad.gif They have ranked only 110 schools...and NT is not on that list because a school has to have at least one player committ to make it.

You know who did make that list????...ILLINOIS STATE!!! mad.gif

Hopefully TD will get this thing turned around. A sleak, smooth, running DODGE is better than a boring, old, BUICK any day!!! biggrin.gif

You know what's depressing???

NT has no committs on the Rivals list...NONE!  sad.gif  They have ranked only 110 schools...and NT is not on that list because a school has to have at least one player committ to make it.

You know who did make that list????...ILLINOIS STATE!!! mad.gif

Hopefully TD will get this thing turned around.  A sleak, smooth, running DODGE is better than a boring, old, BUICK any day!!! biggrin.gif

Rivals just isn't doing their job. NT had that lineman commit from West Texas a few months ago.

H-towngreen,

I am not worried about recruiting at all. I beleive Coach Dodge's first class will be

impressive to say the least. I beleive there are kids out there that will be looking at NT more now than past years. Even though Coach Dodge is not "offically" on the

job yet, I am sure he knows a ton of very good prospects right now!

Also, with all of the national media coverage, I would bet there is a pile of

video highlights in the mail right now, all addressed to the NT athletic office.

Charlie

What's depressing is seeing that list the Dallas Morning News publishes of the Top 100 Area Recruits, and seeing so few considering UNT for the past few years. The last time I saw it, UNT was not mentioned at all.

Not being in the National Top 100, that I understand. But we ought to occassionally be in the State Top 100, and we should be liberally sprinkled throughout the Area list.

SMU, TCU, Houston, Rice, UTEP, even Stephen F. Austin and West Texas State get mentioned more often than UNT.

That, I am confident, is about to change.

What's depressing is seeing that list the Dallas Morning News publishes of the Top 100 Area Recruits, and seeing so few considering UNT for the past few years. The last time I saw it, UNT was not mentioned at all.

Not being in the National Top 100, that I understand. But we ought to occassionally be in the State Top 100, and we should be liberally sprinkled throughout the Area list.

SMU, TCU, Houston, Rice, UTEP, even Stephen F. Austin and West Texas State get mentioned more often than UNT.

That, I am confident, is about to change.

Actually, Bradley Haynes has us on his list, I think he's #86 and he's a big frame receiver.