I've got tired head

emmitt01

I am perpetually amused by everyone who wants to start a jihad against RV just because some random name gets mentioned as being contacted by NT and that same random person happens to have worked with or near RV in the past.

People, it's just a contact...not a job offer. If making contact were all it took to become unequivocally bound to someone then I'd call every hot girl I know. It's a phone call or an email at best, more than likely just a chance to get an old friend's name in the paper.

Look, I know that some of you can't get through the day without nitpicking something, claiming to have insider information, or predicting a hurricane (or a combination of the three) but let's chill out a bit. Back away from the keyboard. Grab a cold beer. Grab a hot girl/guy (I make no assumptions as to preference). Grab a warm pizza. Just leave RV alone for a few days.

All sorts of people out there have all sorts of reasons for mentioning names in connection with one job or another. Other teams are also looking for coaches, so if they can create a little tension or doubt in a prospective coach's mind concerning a competing university, or make a prospect think a school is going to go in a different direction, they're going to do it.

Example: Coach Fred is looking at schools A & B. School B spreads a rumor that School A is going to hire Coach Bob. Fred, worried that one of his options might be drying up, becomes more receptive to the advances of School B.

This is especially true during recruiting. You better believe that every single member of the Sun Belt conference, as well as SMU and TCU, would love recruits to think that UNT is going to make a bad coach hire, seeding doubt in recruits about going to UNT.

Don't play the competition's game. Avoid knee-jerk reactions, be cool, be patient, and let RV do his job. For the millionth time, no one on this planet has more at stake in this hire than does RV, and no one wants to get this right more than he does. This persistent idea that he has some personal motive for hiring the wrong coach is ridiculous.

I am perpetually amused by everyone who wants to start a jihad against RV just because some random name gets mentioned as being contacted by NT and that same random person happens to have worked with or near RV in the past. 

People, it's just a contact...not a job offer.  If making contact were all it took to become unequivocally bound to someone then I'd call every hot girl I know.  It's a phone call or an email at best, more than likely just a chance to get an old friend's name in the paper. 

Look, I know that some of you can't get through the day without nitpicking something, claiming to have insider information, or predicting a hurricane (or a combination of the three) but let's chill out a bit.  Back away from the keyboard.  Grab a cold beer.  Grab a hot girl/guy (I make no assumptions as to preference).  Grab a warm pizza.  Just leave RV alone for a few days.

Haven't you bitched about this already?

Not to mention that you have to let the dominos fall. On the game today I saw us listed as 1 of 7 with job openings. Obviously the big dominos like Miami and Rutgers and West Virginia, Alabama...all need to do some falling to see who is available for the next tier. Publicly going after someone and losing out would not look good. The waiting game is tough but the wait will be worth it!

In RV I trust!

GMG

While Ill agree with u 100 % Emmit , I think the fact of the matter is this : We have put up with DD, RF and Co. for so long , Some only know how to Bitch and Moan lol. I think its only become natural for everyone on this board to be pissy about something , even if it is the holiday season !!!

Just be patient . We will all hail the new coach and RV for a few months and things will be good again. Then after the OU game next year , back comes the Bitching and Moaning!

In closing , How could one ever get tired of head ???? tongue.gif

Edited by NT03