Question, I'm new.

78 Greenman

Have a couple of questions, do you (we) post negative comments about players or do we draw the line on that?  What is the major complaint about Coach Dickey, I met him not long ago and he seems like a very good coach.  How is the recruiting going?

We do not post negative comments about players. Dickey surrounds himself with other poor offensive coaches and playcallers. Recruiting in the DFW area has been pretty non-existent in recent memory.

As a lot, we're a pretty ungrateful bunch. When I was at UNT, we sucked at the I-AA level. With Dickey, we went to some bowl games. It's painfully obvious that he was a trainwreck.

The problem has always been, and you can ask just about anyone here, Dickey played QB at Kansas State, not Texas. So, he wasn't qualified to be hired. The former athletic director here just didn't know that.

As a lot, we're a pretty ungrateful bunch.  When I was at UNT, we sucked at the I-AA level.  With Dickey, we went to some bowl games.  It's painfully obvious that he was a trainwreck.

The problem has always been, and you can ask just about anyone here, Dickey played QB at Kansas State, not Texas.  So, he wasn't qualified to be hired.  The former athletic director here just didn't know that.

Man, The Fake Lonnie Finch!

What do you have against Texas quarterbacks? Did one of them steal your boyfriend?

First, I'm guessing by the level of your joking, you're a either young man or an immature man.

Second, I have nothing against Texas QB's, but want a good hire at UNT. The former Texas QBs continually named on here are not serious hires for a I-A program for head coach.

It doesn't matter how many times they've beaten Grapevine or won state titles. It's not the same, not even close. Anyone with even a smidgen of knowledge about football, I-A college football, knows that.

It may be fine that you admire Todd Dodge and Major Applewhite. But, there are infinitely more qualified applicants out there. Seriously.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

First, I'm guessing by the level of your joking, you're a either young man or an immature man.

Second, I have nothing against Texas QB's, but want a good hire at UNT.  The former Texas QBs continually named on here are not serious hires for a I-A program for head coach. 

It doesn't matter how many times they've beaten Grapevine or won state titles.  It's not the same, not even close.  Anyone with even a smidgen of knowledge about football, I-A college football, knows that.

It may be fine that you admire Todd Dodge and Major Applewhite.  But, there are infinitely more qualified applicants out there.  Seriously.

Why am I immature? Isn't your avatar of a woman football player? If you are a woman, might you have a boyfriend who could be stolen from you by a Tx qb?

Dodge should be a legitimate candidate. Applewhite is a stud, but I would prefer he have more experience before he was the head coach at my alma mater.

Who are these more qualified candidates you speak of?

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

Why am I immature? Isn't your avatar of a woman? If you are a woman, might you have a boyfriend who could be stolen from you by a Tx qb?

Dodge should be a legitimate candidate. Applewhite is a stud, but I would prefer he have more experience before he was the head coach at my alma mater.

Who are these more qualified candidates you speak of?

That's Katie Hnida, the Colorado kicker who transferred to New Mexico. Keep up with college football much? I mean, outside of Austin?

Dode should be a legitimate candidate for...an assistant coaching job somewhere. Applewhite is where he needs to be. Also, being on the staff of 1-10 and 4-5 teams hardly qualifies as "stud" in most people's view...if they know anything about college football, that is.

I've already listed several candidates in another post - Spencer Leftwich, Tim Billings, and Tony Samuel. Those are just three that pop into mind. They are countless others with good I-A coaching experience who would take what UNT pays for the head coaching job.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

That's Katie Hnida, the Colorado kicker who transferred to New Mexico.  Keep up with college football much?  I mean, outside of Austin?

Way to call that guy out on not knowing the random girl kicker who is a footnote to lame trivia games everywhere!

You nailed him!!!! high five!

This coaching change really ignited your inner asshole to come dominate this board today. I'm impressed.

Guest JohnDenver

That's Katie Hnida, the Colorado kicker who transferred to New Mexico.  Keep up with college football much?  I mean, outside of Austin?

Dode should be a legitimate candidate for...an assistant coaching job somewhere.  Applewhite is where he needs to be.  Also, being on the staff of 1-10 and 4-5 teams hardly qualifies as "stud" in most people's view...if they know anything about college football, that is. 

I've already listed several candidates in another post - Spencer Leftwich, Tim Billings, and Tony Samuel.  Those are just three that pop into mind.  They are countless others with good I-A coaching experience who would take what UNT pays for the head coaching job.

TFLF .. Why are you throwing so many punches? What is really on your mind.. I don't think MGIP is your target.

Dode should be a legitimate candidate for...an assistant coaching job somewhere.  Applewhite is where he needs to be.  Also, being on the staff of 1-10 and 4-5 teams hardly qualifies as "stud" in most people's view...if they know anything about college football, that is. 

I've already listed several candidates in another post - Spencer Leftwich, Tim Billings, and Tony Samuel.  Those are just three that pop into mind.  They are countless others with good I-A coaching experience who would take what UNT pays for the head coaching job.

Tony Samuel? He couldn't even beat Darrell Dickey.

Spencer Leftwich -- I would be interested in RV interviewing him.

Tim Billings -- He has a 23-34 overall record at Southeast Missouri. I would rather have UNT sign Ramon Flanigan to a lifetime contract than hire that guy.

TFLF .. Why are you throwing so many punches? What is really on your mind.. I don't think MGIP is your target.

I'm not throwing any punches. Go back and look at who first got personal with whom.

What I want is for RV to take the process seriously and get us a good coach. Not a local hero. Not someone who will use UNT as a stepping stone. But, a good, solid coach who can not only build the program on the field, but off of it as well. Someone who could help us get out of the Sun Belt.

High school coaches are just that - high school coaches. There are plenty of coaches out there with real experience - more than three years exprience at losing programs.

Seriously, folks. This has got to be a good hire. It could mean the difference between remaining I-A or slipping back down to I-AA. Some of us seem to realize it, others seem to think it's fantasy playtime.

Tony Samuel? He couldn't even beat Darrell Dickey.

Spencer Leftwich -- I would be interested in RV interviewing him.

Tim Billings -- He has a 23-34 overall record at Southeast Missouri. I would rather have UNT sign Ramon Flanigan to a lifetime contract than hire that guy.

OK, there's blasphemy, and then there's.......... BLASPHEMY! mad.gif

Guest JohnDenver

I'm not throwing any punches.  Go back and look at who first got personal with whom. 

Seriously, folks.  This has got to be a good hire. 

Well, looking back, I see you taking a shot at most of everyone ("as a lot") on this board.

He also said he legitimately thought you were a female... made a wise crack about bf being stolen. Nothing personal.

Of course everyone wants a good hire. Everyone can have their opinions..

I don't even know enough to make an informed opinion. I will wait until we start getting word of interviews, possibilities and stuff. Then I will start researching who I would pick (if my voice really mattered).