FootballScoop.com....Link

FirefightnRick

That is a little surprising that Kraigthorpe said No to UNC.  I would think UNC would be a step up.  Of course, if Tulsa wins out and finishes with 1 or 2 losses, he will probably have much better offers.

If you have to live in Oklahoma, Tulsa is where you'd want to do it. He's got kids in school and a successful team. Why would you move right now? I'm not sure what he gets paid but whatever it is in Tulsa it goes a long long way. Stick around have a few more years of success then name your price.

The level of competition and resources that he faces in CUSA is dramatically different than what he would face at UNC. I would guess UNC has some academic hurdles too, while he has none at Tulsa. UNC is a bigger program in a better conference but poses many more risks. If Tulsa is paying him well, it is a safer haven until a consistent top 15 program comes calling.

That is a little surprising that Kraigthorpe said No to UNC.  I would think UNC would be a step up. 

why? UNC is a lose/lose situation. Football will always take a back seat to basketball, and the ACC is a much tougher conference than C-USA. a good Tulsa team will always have a better record than a good UNC team.

Plus, he has stated many times he believes in the program there. I wish we had someone like him at NT.

"Chapel Hill would be a great place to live.  "But I’m not interested in being the head coach at the University of North Carolina. I want to be the head coach at Tulsa."

Does DD feel this way about North Texas?

I think his feeling is more like.....

"Manhatten would be a great place to live ,and I'm inteteresed in being the head coach there.I dont want to be the head coach at North Texas" rolleyes.gif

Guest JohnDenver

You didn't mention this.

What do you hear at North Texas?

It uses the line "What do you hear at..." for almost every school. It isn't a shot at DD for never saying he is happy to be here.

North Texas:  Look for the next three games to be crucial (La-Lafayette, FAU, La- Monroe)

So our success against teams with a combined 8-17 record is going to be “crucial” in the direction of our program and DD’s future?????

Our (administration’s) standards have to be the lowest in 1-A

Sun Belt Standings

TEAM CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L

Middle Tennessee State 5-0 6-3

Troy 3-0 4-4

Arkansas State 3-1 5-4

Florida Atlantic 2-2 3-6

Louisiana-Lafayette 1-2 4-4

North Texas 1-3 2-7

Florida International 0-3 0-8

Louisiana-Monroe 0-4 1-7