Time to impeach Wilson?

Will to Win

Meager does, e lead the team to victory.. As scary as that thought is we have to proceed with that.

Meager will play. He was the only QB that had any punch last week, and he got it done last night.

Wilson has talent, but is wholly inconsistant. Maybe with time?

meager led us to the field goal in the fourth qtr...13 plays, 43 yards...w/ 30 coming on personal foul calls. I like Wilson's upside alot more...we aren't going to win this year..give the guy w/ the upside the snaps. Did anyone notice on play action roll outs that the linebackers and de is on him like stink on sh*t everytime...immediately. D-coordinators know are 5 plays.

meager led us to the field goal in the fourth qtr...13 plays, 43 yards...w/ 30 coming on personal foul calls.  I like Wilson's upside alot more...we aren't going to win this year..give the guy w/ the upside the snaps.  Did anyone notice on play action roll outs that the linebackers and de is on him like stink on sh*t everytime...immediately.  D-coordinators know are 5 plays.

I noticed that the QBs always roll out to the right. This play has cost a ton, and rarely delivers anything. Our QB's get nailed for loses nearly every time. Even Meager tried the right roll out and ended up 15 yards in the back field b/c a defensive player was in his face as soon as he turned around. Why do we have to roll right every time?

I noticed that the QBs always roll out to the right. This play has cost a ton, and rarely delivers anything.  Our QB's get nailed for loses nearly every time. Even Meager tried the right roll out and ended up 15 yards in the back field b/c a defensive player was in his face as soon as he turned around.  Why do we have to roll right every time?

Because rolling right is one of the 5 plays we have. If we rolled left, that would be 6 plays.

You know, both QB's would be able to produce more if the OL would hold longer than it does. I see that WW's bad passing is more a result of being chased around and rarely having time to read coverage properly.

I agree. I'd get happy feet in that "pocket" too. I think is that they are trying to convert him into a "Dickey" quarterback instead of letting him just do it like he did in Austin and against SMU.

You know, both QB's would be able to produce more if the OL would hold longer than it does. I see that WW's bad passing is more a result of being chased around and rarely having time to read coverage properly.

yes, but it's hard to justify a 2/8 ratio, no matter what the O-line is doing. GOT to protect the ball.

I agree with the other poster about him pressing. He's shown his potential but may need to sit and "gather" himself. Less pressure on the young will probably help him.

Besides, Meager has "earned" the next start ( I can't believe I just said that ohmy.gif ).

Guest GrayEagleOne

I agree. I'd get happy feet in that "pocket" too. I think is that they are trying to convert him into a "Dickey" quarterback instead of letting him just do it like he did in Austin and against SMU.

Bingo!!!!! As someone said, we're not going anywhere this year so let him use his talent and instincts until the game is out of reach. He will slowly learn to make good reads but he is trying to think so much that he's ineffective. In other words, he is trying not to lose instead of trying to win. That happens in every walk of life.

Remember, these are the same linemen that gave him at least some protection against UT and SMU. No one can be expected to hold their blocks for ten seconds. A lot of the pressure comes from extra people in the box with no one assigned to block them.

Although they did run the flea-flicker!  Dickey reached DEEEEEP into his bag of tricks for that one.

I would rather see us try a play like what Arkansas did to Auburn. Pretty clever.

Edited by UNTFan23