New Idea

shaft

I think I've figured out a compromise for all the people out there that say DD needs to go and they don't want to support the program while DD & company are at the helm. We could have the Mean Green Club or Atheletic Department create a new coach fund, a fund for where people can make donations that will go towards the signing bonus of the new coach.

I think I've figured out a compromise for all the people out there that say DD needs to go and they don't want to support the program while DD & company are at the helm.  We could have the Mean Green Club or Atheletic Department create a new coach fund, a fund for where people can make donations that will go towards the signing bonus of the new coach.

This is an interesting thread, as I've always stated that given more money, RV would make many more things happen for UNT athletics, including coaching upgrades.

What did the TCU "Committee of 100" do when they raised money to get TCU athletics back on track? Did they have their own private account(s), or were their finances somehow tied to the university?

I am definitely not touting that we should abandon direct contributions to UNT and its athletic department - I will continue to give all that I can and then some more. But, the idea of a private venture for a specific goal is intriguing as well.

Guest JohnDenver

So that's it.  3 people are willing to but their money where their mouth is when it comes to getting a new coach.

It is a rhetorical question you are asking... you REALLY want everyone to post that they would deposit money?

Once everyone said they would, you say, "i'll believe it when i see it.." Just like you do with the MGC name list in the program.

You can look up my name, it is in there... You could also count on me to give money to the new coach fund. However, that fund is only imaginary.

I am definitely not touting that we should abandon direct contributions to UNT and its athletic department - I will continue to give all that I can and then some more.  But, the idea of a private venture for a specific goal is intriguing as well.

This is somewhat similiar to the Denton sports bar and restaurant that I brought up in another thread. The main difference is that instead of it being toward a specific goal, the money would go the athletic department in general as well as toward the University in general.

Its not an imaginary fund.

Any member of the Mean Green Club can call for the creation of a new fund. Also you can designate what a donation to the school can be used for.

Anybody ambitious enough can set these funds up.

Like I said, but your money where your mouth is.

So that's it.  3 people are willing to but their money where their mouth is when it comes to getting a new coach.

Many of us for most of the last 2, 3 or 4 decades have been putting our money (and even some volunteer service) to UNT, UNT Athletics, etc, etc, etc; "where our mouths are" but now some of us who were NTSU students even back in the 70's would sorta' like UNT leaders to explain why we are forever going backwards with NT football with its hiring habits and with some of that group they have hired being public relation jack-a-lopes of which most of whom the last 25 years have never gone higher in their careers than UNT once NT officials are finally able to make a decision to get them off the UNT payroll (which their lack of moving their careers above UNT is a pretty strong indicator that they were poor hires or choices for UNT in the first place). blink.gif

Some educators are like politicians inasmuch as too many times they will only tell their constituency what they think their constituency wants to hear so we can rarely expect a real viable answer to questions NT alums might ask on hot topics (expecially if those questions make them squirm just a bit about their own jobs)?

SHOW ME THE MONEY? Why waste time on GMG.com with $100 donors; but instead, why shouldn't we expect some of our UNT leaders to cease their stalling and hesitations in wanting to pull the triggers on employees who have long since served out their talents in Denton and have already taken early retirements (while still being on the UNT payroll year in and year out)............BUT FWIW............NT leaders could probably get at least $100,000 easy in just a few hours for such a "play like" fund suggested on this thread by doing what is done out here in the real world and thats to merely down-size positions that have proven to be un-productive for years to get this "play-like" fund.

WHAT MAKES CENT$ ABOUT THIS? For an NCAA D1-A program that operates almost annually toward the bottom of the level we compete (as compared to the the other 118 schools), just looking at photos of NT athletic staffers in souvenir programs, it looks to be about 4 X's larger than some of our prior athletic staffs of years past at UNT and those staffs being part of much higher profile successes than the present (with far less clerical manpower to do it with). In essence, wouldn't a few agree that UNT having larger athletic ancillery staffs across the board have not made us any more successful as an NCAA D1-A athletic program compared to even a most recent past?

YET................for those who get all tensed up about 75% (+/-) of those of the MG Nation who really want to get back to having a much higher ranked/profile football program that DD has (for whatever the "insert subleminal lack of overall recruiting" reason) and has not been able to produce even during 4 bowl years with the upstart Sun Belt Conference & its collection of just out of 1-AA football schools; anyway, many feel that not only our alma mater deserves better with its football program, but the many of us who have actually been $upporters of this program for most of the latter part of last century into most of this new millineum might pose this question to a hardy handful of you:

Just what is the hook that keeps you wanting to hold onto all this with a Darrell Dickey-led football program? Most will listen to your answers with a very open mind maybe even more open than some of you are listening to facts and data that others have been presenting to you with our annual low football rankings as the proof in the pudding; but most would still really like to know the answer to the question because who knows, you might just get yourself a few new converts to the level of NT football you all feel most comfortable with?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Its not an imaginary fund.

Any member of the Mean Green Club can call for the creation of a new fund.  Also you can designate what a donation to the school can be used for.

Anybody ambitious enough can set these funds up.

Like I said, but your money where your mouth is.

You must be JubJub. We all know his love for DD. huh.gifdry.gif

However, I just can't see him as a fan of John Shaft movies. laugh.gif

Edited by Got5onIt