Bio of Jasmine from 105.3 (UNT Student)

Talon90

For those of you who listen to 105.3 FM's Jagger show you may know of Jasmine who is a UNT student who is part of the show. An interesting note on her bio:

"I'm 24 and I go to UNT. I'm majoring in Broadcast News and minoring in Political Science. You may wonder if I have any school spirit and the answer to that is NO- as I put it, its hard to have school spirit when you are in the Sunbelt Conference."

Jasmine Bio

Obviously this is not the best publicity but I do see some real changes with the student attendance as a whole. The attendance has been fantastic the last several years and it seems to get better every year. I have a feeling the student side for the SMU game will rival that of the 1990 game when I was a student, completely packed!

It's nothing new. When Jagger hosted the morning show on The Edge 102.1 he had a college age side kick named Slim Jim who also attended UNT and majored in RTVF. Slim Jim would bash NT as well. I think he ultimately dropped out of NT and once The Edge gave Jagger the heave-ho Slim Jim became MIA.

The irony about these kids bashing NT is it (NT) is part of the very reason they have jobs in the business. They need to recognize.

It's nothing new.  When Jagger hosted the morning show on The Edge 102.1 he had a college age side kick named Slim Jim who also attended UNT and majored in RTVF.  Slim Jim would bash NT as well.  I think he ultimately dropped out of NT and once The Edge gave Jagger the heave-ho Slim Jim became MIA.

The irony about these kids bashing NT is it (NT) is part of the very reason they have jobs in the business.  They need to recognize.

Slim Jim went MIA before 102.1 and ClearChannel axed them. Mondo took his place something like 6 months before they switched stations.

First, you discussing a 24-year-old undergraduate. I'd hope that by the time she's 24 she'd not be as interested in doing activities on campus designed for 18-21. There's a lot of "growing up" between 21 and 24!

Secondly, she works at a "shock-talk" radio station. The whole idea is to say things to get people to react. Plus, most of their listeners are fans of other schools. Notice I said "fans" as I frequently meet rabid OU and Texas "fans" who never attended (nor had children or parents attend) those schools. It's called playing to the crowd.

Third, at least she does know we are in the Sun Belt Conference. I suspect she also knows we play 1A football. That puts her ahead of most of her listeners.

First, you discussing a 24-year-old undergraduate. I'd hope that by the time she's 24 she'd not be as interested in doing activities on campus designed for 18-21. There's a lot of "growing up" between 21 and 24!

Secondly, she works at a "shock-talk" radio station. The whole idea is to say things to get people to react. Plus, most of their listeners are fans of other schools. Notice I said "fans" as I frequently meet rabid OU and Texas "fans" who never attended (nor had children or parents attend) those schools. It's called playing to the crowd.

Third, at least she does know we are in the Sun Belt Conference. I suspect she also knows we play 1A football. That puts her ahead of most of her listeners.

That may be true, but I'm tired of this b.s. I've been hearing it since I was a student back in the 60's. It was either: 1. because we're not in the SWC; 2. because we don't play any big name teams; 3. We never win; 4. We in the wrong conference.

Always some excuse for not having school spirit. I remember students who complained about the football team when we had Joe Greene, Ron Shanklin, Steve Ramsey, Hardman, Beatty and the rest. They missed out on the opportunity to see some of the best players in the state of Texas regardless of conference and most of whom did quite well in the pros.

Here's my shock jock quote for Miss Perfect.

"screw her, even if she is hot. She can claim some other school who is in the Big 12. On second thought. . . WHAT is she doing at UNT in the first place? Did she follow her boyfriend here, do Mom and Pop live in Denton and needs to leach off of them while she interns the home and garden station?"

Well, that was my first attempt at shock jock talk. I'm kinda new at this and don't normally like berating fellow students but, Chastmine is not an Eagle. She is an exchange student from the depths of hell and is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse (the dirty one!)

smile.gif

Have a nice day,

NatureBoy

Slim Jim, was actually a good friend of mine throughout college and now, he did graduate from UNT and didnt drop out. He moved to another station in Northern Michigan and has currently moved from their and is currently moving back to the DFW area.

He was basically the only reason why i listened to the EDGE, other than that, every one on that show sucked. He was a naturally funny guy and could poke fun at anything. He was part of our close group of friends and crew and he loved UNT, but was disappointed at its performance, year after year and being in the Sun Belt...as was most of my friends and myself were.

He came to games each year with the EDGE and took part in activites and the game itself. He tailagated with us each year while participating with the EDGE.

I hate to give A&M credit for anything but they have a name there for students like her. 2%'ers. I think she fits the description. She's only at UNT to get a diploma then move on. She's not going to be the type of alumna to follow her school or give anything back.

I've seen it many times before. Countless students that refuse to get involved. They don't go to any athletic events, don't join any campus group, wouldn't think of pledging a greek organization or talons. They spend as little time on campus as they possibly can, They just go to class, then go home or to work. And then have the gall to complain that they didn't get a traditional college experience. It's not the Sunbelt's fault she doesn't have school spirit. It's her own.

Slim Jim, was actually a good friend of mine throughout college and now, he did graduate from UNT and didnt drop out. He moved to another station in Northern Michigan and has currently moved from their and is currently moving back to the DFW area.

He was basically the only reason why i listened to the EDGE, other than that, every one on that show sucked. He was a naturally funny guy and could poke fun at anything. He was part of our close group of friends and crew and he loved UNT, but was disappointed at its performance, year after year and being in the Sun Belt...as was most of my friends and myself were.

He came to games each year with the EDGE and took part in activites and the game itself. He tailagated with us each year while participating with the EDGE.

Glad you stuck up for him to get the story straight. I have talked to him a few times, EACH at North Texas football games. My husband was also a friend of his.

Glad you stuck up for him to get the story straight. I have talked to him a few times, EACH at North Texas football games. My husband was also a friend of his.

I never said the guy didn't attend a football game(s) just that I heard him belittling NT/Denton several times on air. He also spoke as though he had left NT perhaps it was just for a semester or something and maybe I quit listening to the edge by the time he graduated.

Glad to hear he got his degree and seems to be doing well. Hopefully he'll become bigger than Stern and decide to donate $30MM to help build Slim Jim Stadium.