Ethical hypothetical...

Baby Arm!

Since ol' Rhett Bomar has been dismissed from the OU football team on a permanent basis, he's more than likely going to transfer to another school.

If you were the UNT head coach do you take him if he wants to transfer here? He'd have to sit out this year but he'd still have 2 years of eligibility left. Do you take a guy like that?

Since ol'  Rhett Bomar has been dismissed from the OU football team on a permanent basis,   he's more than likely going to transfer to another school.

If you were the UNT head coach do you take him if he wants to transfer here?   He'd have to sit out this year but he'd still have 2 years of eligibility left.    Do you take a guy like that?

No.

Bomar was severely overrated and I think Stoops and his coaching staff are certain the dropoff at the #2 QB is very small.

You can bet money a player with Adrian Peterson's caliber talent would NOT have received the boot.

ph34r.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

May be a moot point, because he may have lost his "amateur" status depending on how this turns out.

That's how jacked up the NCAA is. Bomar may be free to transfer to another school and play. It will be the OU program and the players left behind that will bear the brunt of NCAA punishment. Example: when SMU got the death penalty, all of the players were able to transfer and continue playing.

However I've heard Bomar is also a baseball prospect and I believe been drafted in the MLB. I wouldn't be surprised to see him just sign a contract and go play baseball.

BTW, I too think Bomar is way overrated as a QB. He's got the size and potential, but as Bear Bryant said all potential means is you haven't done anything yet. Bomar didn't do anything in high school, (his teams always had a losing record) and he hasn't done anything yet at OU. I tend to like the undersized, or less touted QB who always seems to find a way to move the chains and for his team to win. Someone like Mitch Maher, or Scott Davis!!

Edited by Baby Arm!

May be a moot point, because he may have lost his "amateur" status depending on how this turns out.

He was a pretty good baseball player in High School. I beleive he was drafted by the Brewers.

I tend to like the undersized, or less touted QB who always seems to find a way to move the chains and for his team to win.  Someone like Mitch Maher, or Scott Davis!!

Scott Davis was under valued by the press (outside of North Texas), but at 6'2" X 195, he wasn't undersized.

Some my favorite undersized QB's at North Texas

1. Greg Carter....probably about 5'9"....5'10" at the most, 1275 yards passing his senior year.

2. Joe Stevenson...6' but a very skinny 160lbs. He still had 1671 yards total offense the one year that he started.

3. Jordan Case....barely 6', but had a great arm (60%+passing in 78) and was a great leader.

4. Ken Washington 5' 11" X 170 (at the most). Big play guy.

No.

Bomar was severely overrated and I think Stoops and his coaching staff are certain the dropoff at the #2 QB is very small.

You can bet money a player with Adrian Peterson's caliber talent would NOT have received the boot.

ph34r.gif

Severely overrated? He set an OU freshman QB record for most passing yards, something over 2,000 yards. If memory serves our freshmen QB's didn't come close to that number.

I'm not praising Stoops for doing the "right" thing. OU's back was to the wall and he had no other choice. With Peterson he had a choice, a way to wiggle out, but I bet before this is all over more heads get chopped.

All that said, no matter how good he is I wouldn't want him at NT.

Assuming more violations on his part aren't revealed, I'd take him. He might be a retard, but my guess is he just didn't think he'd get caught.

If you think he's overrated, you didn't watch OU play last year.

Bring him in and put the hammer down on him. Make him work in the dorm cafeteria if he wants a job.

I don't want NT to be the halfway house for football criminals, but it isn't like he committed armed robbery or beat up a girl.

Character is a major factor, and this guy has none. When you lie down with dogs, you get fleas! I wouldn't even take his phone call if I was DD.

I predict that we will hear more about Bomar in the future...and it will not be good.

Take him if offered.  He's a local kid with ties to Denton. 

Joe,

He's from Grand Prairie, other than Rick Herold, how is he tied to Denton? Oh yea, his dad is the HC at Callisburg, which is kind of close to Denton.