Help me settle an argument

I'm sure that every married man on this board has had a similar argument with his wife so I'm throwing this out there to all of you.

My wife made king ranch chicken for dinner tonight (delicious) and afterwards I washed off my plate and fork like a good husband should. I didn't put them in the dishwasher because it was running, but I would have. I walked off to my green room thinking I had earned myself some major brownie points...but noooooo. My wife has the audacity to say to me "don't worry, I'll do the dishes." I replied "I washed my plate what more did you want dear?" I figure that since she dirtied up the pans and cooking utensils when she made the meal that those were on her. Like my mom always said "If you dirty it up, you clean it" right? Seems Lera isn't a fan of that theory.

So, am I such a bad guy? Geez.

biggrin.gif

Edited by emmitt01

If she's gonna cook a good dinner, you definately need to clean the kitchen. How about you cook dinner AND clean the kitchen? GreenFlag STONGLY suggest cleaning the kitchen or those dinners might not be so tasty in the future. GreenFlag also STRONGLY suggest you clean the kitchen so there is never any complaining when you get your Mean Green freak on.

And dude, if she is also part of the workforce-you f'd up BAD.

If she is gonna cook, the you're gonna clean. If not all the dishes then at least go half in on it. My trick is to try and clean all the things that go in the dishwasher, and put everything else laying out away. Therefore leaving the wash by hand dishes for her. So you did help and and in half the time and effort. Sorry man, it's a new day and age out here.

I would not no how to answer this. My wife brings my food and drink to me all night. In my new house i still have not vacumed,done any laundry, but i think i did do the dishes once. No that was just a dream i put up the dishes once. but I do work and mow (until i hired someone)and clean the garage, golf clubs and snorkel gear. Oh and i like to keep her barefoot and pregnant.

Life great in hawaii. Brian

If she's gonna cook a good dinner, you definately need to clean the kitchen. How about you cook dinner AND clean the kitchen? GreenFlag STONGLY suggest cleaning the kitchen or those dinners might not be so tasty in the future. GreenFlag also STRONGLY suggest you clean the kitchen so there is never any complaining when you get your Mean Green freak on.

And dude, if she is also part of the workforce-you f'd up BAD.

Absolutely. Not that your job isn't demanding, Emmitt, but seriously, try to plan a week of meals, cook, and then clean. If she works as well, it's even harder to get everything done. I'll bet she does the laundry and cleaning in the house as well. I think asking you to do the dishes is only fair.

Absolutely. Not that your job isn't demanding, Emmitt, but seriously, try to plan a week of meals, cook, and then clean. If she works as well, it's even harder to get everything done. I'll bet she does the laundry and cleaning in the house as well. I think asking you to do the dishes is only fair.

Before you go getting Gloria Steinem on me, let me reiterate my hope that you realize I was kidding. Oh, and I have never had a female in my life do my laundry not even my dear mommy.

Edited by emmitt01