I rest my case

emmitt01

Guest GrayEagleOne

Those free throws at the end aren't as easy on road I guess.

They won anyway, and it was a very well called game.  You hate to end it on a loss, but it was the best Mavs season ever, and quite a run.

Either you are being facetious or I missed something along the way. To me, it was a biased poorly called game. It is obvious that they will never let Mark Cuban win an NBA championship. Fouls took Dallas out of any chance. It allowed Miami to get back in the game and, yes, they were pretty dominant with a lead.

Just one example at the end. Wade tried to penetrate a little and ran into Dirk. I ran it back in slow motion and Wade extended his hand, hitting Dirk in the chest, sending him sideways. Foul on Dirk. Another early example. Wade driving for basket with Harris right with him running in straight line. Wade goes over Harris and instead of a charging foul, Harris is called for the foul. I hope the NBA will be very happy with their next designated super star. He's an outstanding player but he gets more favorable calls than MJ and Labron James. When he went to the line the same number of times that the entire Maverick team did in Game , I knew that it was over.

I have watched my last NBA game. Bobby Knight was wise.

Guest JohnDenver

It was a good run. I enjoyed it... I have many good memories of my friends getting together to watch games.

To that end, the most ridiculous Dwayne-gimmeadamnfoul-Wade was when Terry didn't even touch him and he fell over like the strings were cut from the NBA puppet master.

Then the next time down the court Quisy didn't even touch his damn arm and he got called.

Four quick points on worthless calls.

Oh well. The REAL reason we lost is Dirk just stopped going to the basket ... plain and simple.

Crap cakes. When life gives you poop -- make poopjuice.

It was a good run. I enjoyed it... I have many good memories of my friends getting together to watch games.

To that end, the most ridiculous Dwayne-gimmeadamnfoul-Wade was when Terry didn't even touch him and he fell over like the strings were cut from the NBA puppet master.

Then the next time down the court Quisy didn't even touch his damn arm and he got called.

Four quick points on worthless calls.

Oh well. The REAL reason we lost is Dirk just stopped going to the basket ... plain and simple.

Crap cakes. When life gives you poop -- make poopjuice.

You left out the part where Wade stiff armed dirk to get a foul call

The complaints about the NBA Referees Union putting the screws to Cuban are unfortunately correct. He is reaping what he sowed, it's that simple. One might ask why the NBA would allow its reputation to be tarnished in such a manner, but the sad fact is that happened long ago, their prime motivation now is selling $80 jerseys and $120 shoes. The NBA is only one (small) step above the WWF, but they have a loyal core that simply suspends disbelief. The are even some who still believe that Michael Jordan's "leave" to play minor-league baseball had nothing to do with his gambling problem.

With that, I believe Avery Johnson should be taken to task for his team's offensive philosophy in the 4th quarter. Early in the 4th, Shaq and Mourning both picked up their 5th fouls. What do the Mavs do ? Attack the lane ? No. They begin tossing up (bad) 3-pointers, I quit counting at 5. They could have gotten both Shaq and Mourning out of the game, went into the zone or doubled Wade. Offensively, they could have drove the lane at will. They finally did late, but it was too late. Also, he rode the struggling Josh Howard too long before going to Daniels.

You left out the part where Wade stiff armed dirk to get a foul call

Down 2 this was a big call. Wade throws an elbow in Dirks chest and it is called against Dirk!! Are you kidding me!!! WTF!!! That was a huge call as Wade hit both of the free throws. And hence end of game. Thanks once again David Stern

I agree with Emmitt.  A racially based conspiracy theory is what led Terry to stop driving to the basket, Harris to play out of control, and for the Mavs to be out-coached. dry.gif

Well, it was a good run.

Nowitzski no longer getting to the basket is what killed the Mavs. The biased calls killed the NBA fan in me.

Nowitzski no longer getting to the basket is what killed the Mavs.  The biased calls killed the NBA fan in me.

Pitiful call. My wife even couldn't believe it. However, some credit has to be given to the Heat in this game. They played harder, and their shots fell when they had to.

You can say the same thing about bad calls when the Spurs lost to the Mavs. I am not saying that the Mavs wouldn't have won if the calls were 100% accurate, but there are bad calls throughout the NBA playoff series. The same thing can be said for all other professional/minor league/college/high school/peewee leagues. It is just how it goes.

I am a die hard Spurs fan, so I wanted the Mavs to win for Avery, but hopefully it will come for Avery (hopefully just if he is coaching the Spurs)!

I also think it is rather humorous that Shaq can now rub the Championship in the Lakers face. I guess they traded the wrong player. I know Wade was a big part, but I still think it is funny and i still hate the Lakers!

I also really don't like Cuban. He is great for Dallas, but he is class-less when it comes to other cities and their citizens. How many times is he going to call SA and it's citizens trashy and dirty. He needs to be an adult and keep the trash talking (if he wants to go there) to basketball.

GO SPURS AND GREEN GO! And I hope the Mavs and Spurs and everyother team beats the crap out of the Lakers for the rest of eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My two cents - you can take it or leave it. Just don't beat me over the head because I have a point of view, just like you guys!

smile.gif

I blame SMU...

How did you know President Turner was involved? You are a genius.

Turner cut a deal with Stern that if the Mavs lost the championship they would be included in CUSA and kept out of the NBA so SMU could keep UNT out of CUSA for at least another 10 years.

Great game -- great run for the Mavs. Plenty to be proud of. Although people are talking about the NBA being fixed or rigged, the players weren't playing like that was the case last night. It seemed to me everything was left out on the court.

With that, I believe Avery Johnson should be taken to task for his team's offensive philosophy in the 4th quarter.  Early in the 4th, Shaq and Mourning both picked up their 5th fouls.  What do the Mavs do ?  Attack the lane ?  No.  They begin tossing up (bad) 3-pointers, I quit counting at 5. They could have gotten both Shaq and Mourning out of the game, went into the zone or doubled Wade.  Offensively, they could have drove the lane at will.  They finally did late, but it was too late.  Also, he rode the struggling Josh Howard too long before going to Daniels.

Hence, why I said screw it and went to bed. got tired of Dirk and comp chucking 3's when they could have slammed the lane. They did this is in Games 4-6 and guess what they lost everyone.

Game 3 was a choke job and looks now like it tore the team apart.

You might be right, I am just conditioned to expect much worse from the NBA.

Agreed. Last year's finals almost did me in...though the team I was rooting for ultimately won. I thought this year's finals had some awful calls, but Dallas was not beaten by the refs...they were beaten by themselves and falling back into their tendency to be a 'pretty' jump shooting team....and Dirk led the team by example. The same calls that Wade took advantage of were available to Dirk as well....but you don't get the calls anymore unless you drive the lane. Terry and Harris are not going to get those calls, but Dirk would have. He did all through the playoffs....esp. against the Spurs and Phoenix. I blame the European for the loss! tongue.gifrolleyes.gif

I think that Basketball is good! The Mavs were distracted by Jason Williams Tatoo's and Alonso Mournings flopping around like a cod on the poopdeck! By the way it was ironic that all of the Miami fans wore white at the same time.

Better luck next year Cuban, now go do what you were born to do. Make hollywood movies!

While I agree that the officiating was awful, the Mavs could have overcome that by simply shooting a reasonable percentage. The shooting was pathetic. Contrast that with Wade. Everything he threw up, went in...usually off the glass. It didn't matter if he was inside or outside, he made his shots. It wasn't the Heat's defense. The Mavs had good looks and simply couldn't convert. I very disappointed because they pissed away an opportunity that may never happen again in my lifetime. At least I don't have to keep switching back and forth between the Mavs and the Rangers now. Go Rangers! Go Mean Green!