The Mean Green will rout SMU...they'll

Just a little post, herewith, to officially begin the "Smack Down Talk" regarding those little guys from the "Hilltop Over There" when they visit Fouts Field this September 9th!

They'll be bringing their little 60 piece Mustang Band! I remember when they were pretty good. But that was way yonder in the past! So, now The Green Brigade will outshine those little band guys (and both girls), not to mention their (gasp, gag)

Dancing Whatevers with outfits you would only see on Harry Hines.

It will be the renewal of a fierce rivalry that has been dormant for 13 years. SMU's only visit to Fouts Field was 1990! The brawl just before halftime was grreeaaat! We beat those Mustangs 14-7. Scott Davis rushed for 214 yards in the victory!

GO! MEAN GREEN!

I remember last year at this time many Greenies screaming that they were going to dismantle the Tulsa Golden Hurricane.

If my memory serves me correct the final score was:

Tulsa 54

N. Texas 2

HerdOn, you are so correct. Tulsa dismantled us in our home opener last fall. It was not funny at all. However, please remember that SMU's only trip to Fouts Field was a 14-7 defeat (a Win for the Mean Green). More importantly, we did not the services of Jamario Thomas in 1990. He is back and 100%. He barely played at all last year due to hamstring injuries. PLus, last fall, we were inexperienced and had troubles on defense. That was last year. This is this year. Fear the difference if I was you and your Mustangs!

I seem to remember last year that Tulsa won the C-USA championship and beat Fresno St. in the Liberty Bowl.  While that defeat hurt...it came to a decent team (which SMU is NOT!).

TCU 2005 Schedule

Oklahoma

SMU**

Utah

BYU

New Mexico

Wyoming

Army

Air Force

San Diego State

Colarado State

UNLV

Iowa State

**TCUs only loss of the season and they were also MWC champs also. TCU also beat Iowa State in their bowl game.

May we hope that UT has as little respect for us as TCU did for SMU......and a BIG upset occurs....

TCU had just defeated Oklahoma on TV and thought they were invincable. SMU showed otherwise and TCU woke up won the rest.

With out Vince, is UT inVINCEable now??? I would smile at a TCU-type season, beat UT, lose to SMU, and win the rest. Pass the Green cool-aid.

May we hope that UT has as little respect for us as TCU did for SMU......and a BIG upset occurs....

TCU had just defeated Oklahoma on TV and thought they were invincable. SMU showed otherwise and TCU woke up won the rest.

With out Vince, is UT inVINCEable now??? I would smile at a TCU-type season, beat UT,  lose to SMU,  and win the rest.  Pass the Green cool-aid.

yeah pass the green for sure, but I dont think its kool-aid you are smoking... laugh.gif

and I dont have a MA in longhornfanology, but if I had to guess, I would say they have less respect for us as a competitive program than OU did for TCU. I will say that if Texas's QB play is anywhere near as awful as OU's was in their opener against TCU, i like our chances to cover the spread.

SMU will be a tough game for us. last year nobody thought much of Tulsa in the beginning of the year. Well we all know how that turned out... and SMU played Tulsa pretty well