NT Exes vs. Mean Green Club

j0nat8an

i'm graduating this May and i was wondering if unable to afford both, which is better?  i would lean towards the MGC for obvious reasons, but does a membership in the NT Exes really mean anything?

Joining the EXes help your whole university not just athletics. I sure the NT Exes will be more than willing to work out an affordable payment plan. They did this for me 5 years ago when I joined as lifetime member, $500, I think I did $50 a month.

"The North Texas EXES Alumni Association is dedicated to PROMOTING the University of North Texas by CONNECTING with alumni, friends and current students through programs, scholarships and activities that create awareness and loyalty, SUPPORTING the ideals of the University."

They are both worthy organizations, but you will do more for athletics if you join the Mean Green Club. I am a member of BOTH and I think many posters here are also. There must be a sweetheart deal for a new grad that would get you into both comfortably.

Also depends on how much you can spend.

Exes will cost you $20 a year your first couple of years.

And there is a fee you paid as a Frosh that, upon graduation, you can apply to your first year of Exes. There should be a booth set up at graduation to hook you up.

Join them both if you can.

Most people won't do either. Of those that do, most will probably join the Exes.

The Exes seem to be doing very well. However, on Monday morning during football season, do you want to say you're a member of the Exes or that you used the tickets you got with your Mean Green Membership to go to the game and hopefully beat the school of one of your co workers ?

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

New graduates join by signing over a $10 fee to the Exes they didn't even know they paid their freshman year. You can do this when you order your cap and gown at the Bookstore or at the reception at the Gateway Center on graduation day. We belong to both! See you in Lower D!

GMG!

• 3 months later...

I, too, am a member of both, and I think if you truly care about your university (not just athletics), but can only join one, then I would tend to go with the Exes first. That being said, I have gotten more out of the MGC, so you really can't go wrong either way. I'd love to see you join both, and grow with the university for years to come!