Men's Game @ UALR

ntsumgspe

Shooting 32%, 9 of 28.

13 first half turnovers.

Davis leads North Texas with 6 points, 5 for Hines, 4 for Stewart.

Rebounding edge to UALR 21 to 20.

Other 'Belt action.

Troy 71 to 44 over WKU late in game.

South Alabama up on MTSU.

Edited by ADLER

We were down by 19 at one point in the second half. Crappy loss to a team in which, you could drive 100 miles in any direction of Denton and be hard pressed to find anyone who knew there even was an Arkansas Littlerock, much less know anything about their basketball team. Of course, you could probably do the same around Littlerock about NT as well?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

We were down by 19 at one point in the second half.  Crappy loss to a team in which, you could drive 100 miles in any direction of Denton and be hard pressed to find anyone who knew there even was an Arkansas Littlerock, much less know anything about their basketball team.  Of course, you could probably do the same around Littlerock about NT as well? 

Rick

You need to stay out of so much smoke. UALR has had good teams in the past.

BUT, the thing they are most known for is the time a few years ago when they had a NCAA run which got lots of exposure. The wife of their then coach was major blonde eye candy. Almost as many shots of her as the game.

You need to stay out of so much smoke.  UALR has had good teams in the past.

BUT, the thing they are most known for is the time a few years ago when they had a NCAA run which got lots of exposure.  The wife of their then coach was major blonde eye candy.  Almost as many shots of her as the game.

Yeah, and plumbers need to stay out of the rest room too? A simple I disagree will do. What year was that run without looking it up? What's the name of the coach with the hot wife? You don't remember or you would have stated it.

I got up this morning at the station and three people hit me with cracks about NT playing D2 because they've never heard of Arkansas Little Rock. "When does North Texas start conference?". Football recognition in the Belt is bad enough. The other sports is worse, and getting blown out by a Belt basketball team is even that much worse. Again, crappy loss to a ZERO name program.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Yeah, and plumbers need to stay out of the rest room too?  A simple I disagree will do.  What year was that run without looking it up?  What's the name of the coach with the hot wife?  You don't remember or you would have stated it. 

I got up this morning at the station and three people hit me with cracks about NT playing D2 because they've never heard of Arkansas Little Rock.  "When does North Texas start conference?".  Football recognition in the Belt is bad enough.  The other sports is worse, and getting blown out by a Belt basketball team is even that much worse.  Again, crappy loss to a ZERO name program.

Rick

85-86

Mike Newell===133-60 best record for UALR coach

23-11 overall

12-2 Trans American Athletic Conference

Thanks to UALR site

Picture of blonde wife? Burned in my memory.

Yeah, and plumbers need to stay out of the rest room too?  A simple I disagree will do.  What year was that run without looking it up?  What's the name of the coach with the hot wife?  You don't remember or you would have stated it. 

I got up this morning at the station and three people hit me with cracks about NT playing D2 because they've never heard of Arkansas Little Rock.  "When does North Texas start conference?".  Football recognition in the Belt is bad enough.  The other sports is worse, and getting blown out by a Belt basketball team is even that much worse.  Again, crappy loss to a ZERO name program.

Rick

I'm sorry you feel UALR is a zero name program. I admit, we are not on ESPN, CBS everyday or weekend, but like UNT, UALR we do not get that type of exposure. Like people in your area who may think UALR is a D2 school, we have people that would think UNT is a D2 school, but I don't let that effect me, I think your team is good and played our guys well. However, our team is young and finding it's way and is beginning to peak. We have won our division the past two years and our series record with your team is 8-3. From the way you talk you make it seem that UNT is a college basketball powerhouse, which like us, is not.

Our program has had two NBA players which are Derek Fisher and Pete Myers. Our greatest claim to fame is when we beat Notre Dame and took North Carolina State to two OTs, before we lost in the NCAA tournament.

This year we were close to beating Michigan St. on the road, with a young team that had injuries and a player quit the team. Our fans feel our program is heading in the right direction and we are proud of our coaches and players. We have on our team one of the nation's top rebounders and a guard who was one of the top assist leaders until he had a few injuries and did not play through all of some games. However, he is getting back into his groove and almost had a triple double against you guys. So my point is you shouldn't feel bad that your team lost to us on the road, we may not have the name of a Kentucky or Duke, but we are a good team.

It's just my oppinion.. Not sure I understand that part of your post about an "inferiority chip" CE? My chip is bigger than yours biggrin.gif

And yes, there are some who I do ignore, and others I don't. Just because I post about it here doesn't mean a thing. But I do have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to the Mean Green. Anyone who riticises my Mean Green can expect it right back. We all need a little more of a "chip" on our shoulders I suppose?

Thanks for the info GATOR. So even North Texas has had a RUN at the dance more previous than UALR has? Hmmm. blink.gif

With that, I stand by what I said in the first place, that you would have a hard time finding many around the DFW area that know about ARLR's basketball program. We all do, because we are in their conference. WE, are also the team in Denton that has around 1,200 people or less, showing up on average the past few years. If we only have that many who know about our own team, and look at our numbers who showed up for the tournement last year, then how many do you truly think gives a rats behind about Ark Little Rock? Very very few. It's my oppinion. If you don't agree with it too bad.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Like people in your area who may think UALR is a D2 school, we have people that would think UNT is a D2 school,

Yeah, if you'll go back and re-read my post your so upset over, you will see that I admitted to that, eliminating you having to. I knew I would get a historical perspective of your team if I said ANYTHING. STUPID ME? Congrats, now there's about 10 of us that know about them and I'll do my best to try and spread the word! THANK YOU.rolleyes.gif

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick