Per DentonRc

green_goblin

Guest GrayEagleOne

Monkeypox is right in that most of the outside linebacker prospects are about 6-2 and 210 pounds. Some are as light as 195 and as heavy as 225. They usually play a little heavier but not a lot because they don't want to lose their speed. Outside linebackers these days in Division 1A run 4.5s and 4.6s, Based on size and speed that seems to be his best position.

Craig Robertson was not a prospect in the Rivals database until we chose him. Then they gave him two starts. He may or may not be deserving of them; I don't know. But Bryant Seidle was listed on the Rivals board without stars; had more honors in a higher classification (see his dad's post) and was not awarded the two stars that accompanies most 1-A picks.

Robertson may turn out to be the reincarnation of Taylor Casey but I'm sceptical at this stage. Maybe we were the only ones that saw his value. What were his other offers?

Monkeypox is right in that most of the outside linebacker prospects are about 6-2 and 210 pounds.  Some are as light as 195 and as heavy as 225.  They usually play a little heavier but not a lot because they don't want to lose their speed.  Outside linebackers these days in Division 1A run 4.5s and 4.6s,  Based on size and speed that seems to be his best position.

Craig Robertson was not a prospect in the Rivals database until we chose him.  Then they gave him two starts.  He may or may not be deserving of them; I don't know.  But Bryant Seidle was listed on the Rivals board without stars; had more honors in a higher classification (see his dad's post) and was not awarded the two stars that accompanies most 1-A picks.

Robertson may turn out to be the reincarnation of Taylor Casey but I'm sceptical at this stage.  Maybe we were the only ones that saw his value.  What were his other offers?

GreeneyedDad has the latest update...rivals.com just gave Bryant a two star rating. From what I can tell, there are a lot of great players that either never make it on rivals or don't get a rating. The key is to know someone from Rivals, who can help get on the database as well as a rating. We worked with the Cub Reporter who interviewed Bryant and knew of his skills. Then we sent in video and a short bio of accomplishments....all go into consideration as far as a rating goes. Not sure what to do if you don't knwo the Cub Reporter or try to do it on your own.....hmmmmmm!

GreeneyedDad has the latest update...rivals.com just gave Bryant a two star rating.  From what I can tell, there are a lot of great players that either never make it on rivals or don't get a rating.  The key is to know someone from Rivals, who can help get on the database as well as a rating.  We worked with the Cub Reporter who interviewed Bryant and knew of his skills.  Then we sent in video and a short bio of accomplishments....all go into consideration as far as a rating goes.  Not sure what to do if you don't knwo the Cub Reporter or try to do it on your own.....hmmmmmm!

Yep, Bryant got his stars cool.gif . Here's the latest Rivals NT committment update.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...ool=163&Sport=1