U LA MO....troubles

greensteve

Noticed the the U La Mo Engines will be without Drouzon Quillen, the 6-6 220lb WR next year. For some reason, probably scholastically and the fact the he is in Monroe, LA....this kid declared for the NFL Draft. His less than spectacular career has ended (not sure if he has an agent yet-so he could still come back), but none the less the guy who could hold JQ's jock has declared. His 6-6 frame is appealing, but I would rather have grit (JQ) then this guy. Sure he torched our secondary for an incredible 72 yards, and had only 1, 100 yard game last year.

I can only imagine this is a case of BAD ADVICE.

Also, U La Mo lost the offensive coord to Miamu U. Could be a big hit?!?!?!

Several things:

1) The guy's a 6'6", 220 lb WR, so I'm sure people are looking at him.

2) As far as comparisons to Quinn, he's put up more yards and TDs than Quinn in the same timeframe. That's no knock on Quinn, who's awesome. I just think the "couldn't hold Quinn's jock" statement doesn't hold much water at this point and time. Also of note is that his 1 100-yd game is 1 more than Quinn had last season.

3) Yeah, 4 for 72 (18.0 avg) and a TD, and helping to win the game against us.

4) I will give ythe kid the benefit of the doubt that this was a financial decision. Quillen is from New Orleans, and my guess is that he and his family are suffering the hardships as many others are, and that he feels a need to take the opportunity SOONER than would otherwise be advised.

Several things:

1) The guy's a 6'6", 220 lb WR, so I'm sure people are looking at him.

2) As far as comparisons to Quinn, he's put up more yards and TDs than Quinn in the same timeframe.  That's no knock on Quinn, who's awesome.  I just think the "couldn't hold Quinn's jock" statement doesn't hold much water at this point and time.  Also of note is that his 1 100-yd game is 1 more than Quinn had last season.

3) Yeah, 4 for 72 (18.0 avg) and a TD, and helping to win the game against us.

4) I will give ythe kid the benefit of the doubt that this was a financial decision. Quillen is from New Orleans, and my guess is that he and his family are suffering the hardships as many others are, and that he feels a need to take the opportunity SOONER than would otherwise be advised.

Agreed... he is a good player and with that size he will get some looks. One less player we will have to deal with.

Edited by ipEAGLE

YEAH youre right it is 1 more 100 yard game than JQ had,,but he had the frickin PLAYER OF THE YEAR as his QB. The 1 100 yard game was against FIU...are you serious? This guy has underperformed for his size. Sure people will look at him and think, 6-6 220lbs, maybe we should give him a shot...but he underperformed in the weakest league in D-1, and only managed 1 100 yd game.

I dont get it...as for his finances---who knows.

And the comment about the same TIMEFRAME, is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard...while this guys was catching on the average 30-40 yards a game...The MIGHTY was playing with Back to Back Rushing Champs...Doesnt quite balance out...does it.

JQ makes the catches this guy could only hope to...and has the more grit than this guy wil ever have.

QUINN IS GOD AND SHOULD BE IN THE NFL AND WHEN THIS BLOWS OVER ME AND HIM NEED TO GET AN APARTMENT TOGETHER!!!!

F the guy who looks like he should play in the NFL!

I'm going to hire Johnny to do chores at my place in his track one piece and none of you can stop me.

Greensteve is smart because people bashing Johnny make him so mad he cannot even spell well because he is as mad as I am.

QUINN IS GOD!!!!

Edited by Quoner

Did anyone else notice that the awesome safety (Harris, I think) from UL-Monroe last year was starting on one of the best defenses in the NFL this season in the Chicago Bears? It wasn't really a great defensive outing for the Bears against the Panthers this past weekend, but that kid seemed to be out there hitting pretty hard. Good for the Sun Belt to produce some NFL talent.

QUINN IS GOD AND SHOULD BE IN THE NFL AND WHEN THIS BLOWS OVER ME AND HIM NEED TO GET AN APARTMENT TOGETHER!!!!

F the guy who looks like he should play in the NFL!

I'm going to hire Johnny to do chores at my place in his track one piece and none of you can stop me.

Greensteve is smart because people bashing Johnny make him so mad he cannot even spell well because he is as mad as I am.

QUINN IS GOD!!!!

Hello Johnny Quinn. rolleyes.gif

It's not a chick, in fact it's not a dude, I'm not sure...after a comment like that let's call it "it" blink.gif

Anyone up for Brokeback Mountain with Johnny and I tonight at the Rave?

I'll bring my tailgate tent and give away free hot dogs and coupons for food to whoever gets their first. Beerman will make an appearance as well!

Best. Night. Ever.