Fun game tonight in Denton

Were you drunk when you wrote this?  Instead of a knee jerk reaction to this as you would have to me, I'll simply ask you what gives you any idea to think that the leading cash cow for CLC like tU would give an outside, private manufacturer who is NON CLC licensed, permission to pirate and sell a derogatory product with their protected logo on it out of the back of his car?

Explain yourself and then I'll answer to the rest of your meaningless questions.

Rick

Rick,

I was assuming you were talking about the typical Texas Longhorn that you see all over Texas, only in Oklahoma you see them upside down. They are sold that way in OK. Since this is a licensed trademark they had to get permission from UT to sell it. And I'm sure they didn't just give them permission. UT has a history of going after rogue outfitters (e.g. the dred locked Heisman t-shirts when Ricky won it, or the restaraunt in Austin that opened call "Bevo's" with that orange Longhorn on the sign). Ut went after both of them.

I'm sure Texas gave them permission b/c 1. they paid (I'm only assuming this I can't back it up) and 2. they didn't change the logo. All they did was sell it upside down. I'd bet any school in the country would do the same thing.

If you are talking about some other logo or ensignia then I apologize for the confusion.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!

Rick,

I was assuming you were talking about the typical Texas Longhorn that you see all over Texas, only in Oklahoma you see them upside down.  They are sold that way in OK.  Since this is a licensed trademark they had to get permission from UT to sell it.  And I'm sure they didn't just give them permission.  UT has a history of going after rogue outfitters (e.g. the dred locked Heisman t-shirts when Ricky won it, or the restaraunt in Austin that opened call "Bevo's" with that orange Longhorn on the sign).  Ut went after both of them.   

I'm sure Texas gave them permission b/c 1. they paid (I'm only assuming this I can't back it up) and  2. they didn't change the logo.  All they did was sell it upside down.  I'd bet any school in the country would do the same thing. 

If you are talking about some other logo or ensignia then I apologize for the confusion.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!

No problem. Yeah, the guy I referred to was selling them out of the back of his car, 1,000's of them. It was genius, like when Bozworth sold the "I hate the Boz" T shirts in Denver. No one knew he was doing it himself. I suppose it's possible the same individual in Norman could have been tU connnected, but it's highly doubtfull. He was moving from corner to corner and left quickly after he sold out and none of the hats were stitched with any licensing marks. Since it was at a game against NT I am guessing is why he felt brave enough to do it? Who knows.

Rick

user posted image

Emmit, MedPilot and crew had the grill going when the F5 and I pulled up this evening to get things going.  Good burgers E.  And an even better game against the Cajuns.  It looks to me that Michael Southall isn't full speed from his layoff last year but my friend George reminded me he would take a loafer with 10 blocks and 19 points anyday.  True. 

Overall good game.  1-0 in conference.  This team showed some maturity towards the end to hold on.  They still have a ways to go but now they are on a decent run.  You never know but this team could respond in such a positive way to do something really great?  We'll see.

It was also a pleasure to get to visit with one of our past hardwood warriors Wendell Williams.  He came here from New Iberia LA in 1996 and never left after helping Deion Hunter and Tony Worrel take us to our only trip to the big dance back in '88.  He's coaching at Denton High and also helps Hunter teach during his basketball camps. 

Good trip north tonight.

Rick

everybody in that picture who is out there proving how much they hate UT and having a upside down longohrn hand gesture is completely IMMATURE AND CHILDISH, besides didnt we have our own creative hand symbol at one point?

i mean yall are outside the super pit and tailgating before a big CONFERENCE basketball game, you wouldthink yall could use an eagle claw every once and a while

thanks with providing us with that pic, i guess it was to prove to all of us, who are the real aggie fans out there in mean green nation.

GiG Em Eagles...... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

everybody in that picture who is out there proving how much they hate UT and having a upside down longohrn hand gesture is completely IMMATURE AND CHILDISH, besides didnt we have our own creative hand symbol at one point?

i mean yall are outside the super pit and tailgating before a big CONFERENCE basketball game, you wouldthink yall could use an eagle claw every once and a while

thanks with providing us with that pic, i guess it was to prove to all of us, who are the real aggie fans out there in mean green nation.

GiG Em Eagles...... laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

This coming from you means a lot.

GiG Em Eagles...... laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

You know for a second I was beginning to think you were at least quasi-intelligent...you've saved me from erring in your favor.

No problem.  Yeah, the guy I referred to was selling them out of the back of his car, 1,000's of them.  It was genius, like when Bozworth sold the "I hate the Boz" T shirts in Denver.  No one knew he was doing it himself.  I suppose it's possible the same individual in Norman could have been tU connnected, but it's highly doubtfull.  He was moving from corner to corner and left quickly after he sold out and none of the hats were stitched with any licensing marks.  Since it was at a game against NT I am guessing is why he felt brave enough to do it?  Who knows.

Rick

And since you wish you had though of it are you condoning illegal activity? That's unamerican.

Just as an aside, where were you UNTLifer. Rather than bitch and moan about a tent that I brought to a game to tailgate why don't you come on out and have a burger with us then walk your happy ass into the pit?

I live in Houston now, so being in attendance at basketball games will be tough.

I still find humor in the fact that you are giving the "horns down" sign prior to a North Texas/U-LaLa basketball game. I am also aware of the difficulty finding a green tint. Look, you are pretty critical of fans/students from time to time. Because of this, you open yourself up to criticism.

Guest e-bone

I live in Houston now, so being in attendance at basketball games will be tough.

I still find humor in the fact that you are giving the "horns down" sign prior to a North Texas/U-LaLa basketball game.  I am also aware of the difficulty finding a green tint.  Look, you are pretty critical of fans/students from time to time.  Because of this, you open yourself up to criticism.

Being in attendance at basketball games was tough before you even moved to Houston. It's interesting now how you seem to have much more interest in the basketball teams.

Being in attendance at basketball games was tough before you even moved to Houston. It's interesting now how you seem to have much more interest in the basketball teams.

I have the same amount of interest now as before I moved and have probably been to more games than you've thought about. Have I attended many the last few years? No, but marriage, kids and other committments kept me away more than I wish. Some day you may understand.

So now, not only am I a liar and unamerican, I'm now a Democrat?  You have gone too far this time.   laugh.gif

Rick

You're too arrogant and self-righteous to be a Democrat. But a liar and thief, you are perfect for the Republican party.

Seriously, though. Do you tell your kids, "It's not O.K. to steal ... unless I approve of it first."?

Edited by EagleD