You Are The GM

UNTLifer

---I am afraid that Houston doesn't want to hear criticism from their fans and will not trade. .... Personally I think is is far the smartest thing to do. Vince and Bush will not change the Texans much or turn them around..... Better lineman might... Carr does make bad throws some times but he often has little time to throw. I do agree that at times he holds on to the ball too long. Maybe his habits would change if he had dependable protection.

Vince Young is a great player but won't be as successful as Mike Vick. Vick was a better passer and runner in college.

cool.gif

WHAT? Look at Vince's numbers and compare them to Vick's number....Now I swear to you this isn't some texas bias because I am a huge Vick fan and former VTech fan due to Family Ties and lving in VA for awhile (No i didn't go to nor graduate from the school,just for those that base loyalty on that, and i def. bleed green...) but Vince has WAY better numbers than Vick.... The year VTech went undefeated Vick threw for something like 1700 or 1800 yards and rushed for somewhere around 540...Vince 2500+ passing and 1000+ rushing after last night....

My opinion on whether he will make a sucessful NFL QB are still up in the Air but i think IMO Vince is better than vick when vick was his age.

If I'm the Texans I either take Bush or trade to fill needs.

If I'm the Saints. I want Leinhart.

As a lifelong saints fan... I agree. biggrin.gif

On the GM thing... Trade down to 3 or 4 and take D. Ferguson to shore up the O-line.

I think that Vince has more potential than Vick at throwing the ball but less at running the ball. Vince has good upside but isn't as polished as Leinart right now for the NFL game (they both need work though). In the NFL, he isn't going to be able to play out of the spread every down, play zone/read, and he needs to work on his throwing mechanics. He does appear to have tremendous upside but we'll have to wait and see. The NFL does funny things to people and nobody is a sure thing.

Houston has the first pick in the draft.

They already have a big time QB and a good RB. Carr is a good QB is he has the time to throw. He hasn't had the time lately. Davis still puts up really good numbers even though the offensive line is a poor bunch.

Houston really needs OL. YOU DON'T DRAFT OL WITH THE FIRST PICK.

I honestly think Houston can get a lot of draft picks and trades by sending the number one pick to someone else and turning that into a bunch of OL draftees and/or trades.

Teams like Tennessee, New York Jets, Green Bay, Minnesota, Arizona, San Francisco could use an upgrade in RB because of injury or lack of production.

Trade down, stock up on offensive linemen.