Heard some good news about recruiting !

calvin

I have heard that we are after the RB/LB from Gainesville Michael Miller. I have always thought that we needed to get more players from Gainesvile, Denton, Denison, Sherman area, as there is good players from those schools every year. Michael would be a great sign to play either safety or RB or FB. I know Tech is after him as well. I know the last kid we tried to get from G-ville signed with Iowa St. at the last minute. Hopefully Michael will pull through and stay close to home.

Texas Football lists him at 6'1".......185 lbs.

So unless he puts on some weight....DB or RB would be where he would have to play.

His junior year, he did lead Gainesville in tackles.

The latest listing I saw on him had him at 6-1 190 with a 4.5 40. He actually played more offense than defense this year as he became Gainesvilles chief running back for their 13-1 season. His 2005 stats:

1477 yards rushing on 157 attempts (9.4 yd. average) for 23 touchdowns. His 164 points scored led the region in 3A. He scored 4 td's in one playoff game and 3 in another.

Stoffles is 6'0 260. I'd be interested to hear what his frame looks like. Because he'd need to add at LEAST 20 pounds to be in the vicinity of where we need DTs to be. Usually, though not always, shorter guys have a smaller frames, and can therefore add less weight at the next level.

Stoffles is 6'0 260.  I'd be interested to hear what his frame looks like.  Because he'd need to add at LEAST 20 pounds to be in the vicinity of where we need DTs to be.  Usually, though not always, shorter guys have a smaller frames, and can therefore add less weight at the next level.

I think my best friend mentioned this young man to me last year. My friend used to be married to a woman from this family. I've met many of them, and the men in the family are built like big ol' Germans.......which they are. The family is originally from Muenster.

Michael was a first team all state player on defense his Junior year, and didnt even play that much RB this year until I think about midway through the year. Word is Tech and A&M are both recruiting him to play safety. He is about 6 '1" 190-200 lbs with 4.5 speed, but most of all he is a football playing jack. Also heard that he has a good shot at coming here, I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Having seen both these players live twice as they beat the Decatur Eagles I can tell you that Miller is the real deal. He looked like a man playing in Pee-Wee against a solid defense. No one player could tackle him alone and for the most part two players could only slow him down a little. He is fast and has great vision in addition to being a load to bring down. He is every bit of 190 at this point and looked like he gained size between the regular season and the playoffs. We should all hope that he makes NT his home.

Stoffles lacks some of the vision needed at LB, has several trap plays that looked like they caught him off guard and he over committed on a lot of plays. That being said he more than made up for any mistakes by making big plays at the right time. He could easily add 20 lbs without any problem. He would be a above average pick up but would need to red-shirt in order to build the size he would need at DL and learn how to read the play on the field.

Per DC's Texas Football:

Clint Stoffles is 6'1" 265lb. offensive lineman. I'd assume he played both ways with that size at a 3A school.

Other players of interest at Gainesville besides Miller and Stoffles:

OL Robert Westbrook (6'5" 305)

OL Jeramy Hinkle (6'1" 270)

Anyone know anything about these two?

Rivals has Westbook listed but it doesn't show anyone as being intrested. At 6'5 305 you have to like his size. It seems that most of our O-line is 6'1-6'3. Bring on the beef.

With Hinkle and Stoffles as said before it depends on their frame. When only 6'0 or 6'1 its tough to get up to 290-300.

Rivals also has listed another lb named Jeremy Franklin 5'11 210 and 4.76 40. Schools of intrest are K-State and OK State, but no offers yet.

How about we just bring them all in here.

I've touted Miller and Franklin on here before. Franklin was all-state LB as a soph, then was out almost all of last season with a broken leg I believe. Looks like he came back in full force this year. I would love to have both of them.

DC's TX Football has Franklin listed as 6'1" and 190lbs.

First off Franklin is no where near 190 lbs. Whoever thinks that i have some ocean front property in Denton between TWO Texas highways to sell.

Franklin is 6'1'' and goes 225-240. He is very quick and brings the load when he gets there. He was a 1st team all state linebacker is soph. year at Gainesville. Last year he had a broken foot that limited his playing time. This year he was once again healthy and the main guy on a Gainesville defense that gave up less then 10 points per game for the year. This guy is big, mean, and very good at linebacker. The only knock on him coming out of high school is his inability to stay healthy at times.

First off Franklin is no where near 190 lbs.  Whoever thinks that i have some ocean front property in Denton between TWO Texas highways to sell.

Franklin is 6'1'' and goes 225-240.  He is very quick and brings the load when he gets there.  He was a 1st team all state linebacker is soph. year at Gainesville.  Last year he had a broken foot that limited his playing time.  This year he was once again healthy and the main guy on a Gainesville defense that gave up less then 10 points per game for the year.  This guy is big, mean, and very good at linebacker.  The only knock on him coming out of high school is his inability to stay healthy at times.

So you obviously have watched Gainesville this year. What's the story on Westbrook and Hinkle?

So you obviously have watched Gainesville this year.  What's the story on Westbrook and Hinkle?

Westbrook is very big and very stong. At 6'3'' and 315 he is not only big but has room to grow. Biggest knock him is that he is very slow. His only posiotion is center because he cant move enough to play tackle and deffintly not guard. Also lacks a mean streak that i think is neccessary to play college football, but deffintly has the size and strenght to play D-1 ball.

Hinkle, is a decent blocker that is also very strong. Biggest problem for Hinkle is i believe he has maxed out his size, which means he simply wont be big enough to be a D-1 lineman on either side of the ball. Hinkle is a good D-1 AA or D-2 prospect but not quite D-1.