What will you be doing Saturday evening?

Guest e-bone

Just curious as to what all the die-hard supporters of NT athletics here on this board will be doing Saturday evening when our womens team hosts SMU and our mens team hosts Chatanooga, starting at 5pm.

My reply is none of the above. I will be at work. I do, though, think that if people were honest they would answer with "watching college football" or "whining on the board." We don't get the attendance support for basketball that we should...then we complain about CUSA not taking us seriously and being viewed as a second rate athletic department.

probably having more beers somewhere after the big12 championship game, rambling about NT trying to defend a 2-9 campaign to a bunch of Longhorn/big12 fans, moaning about the travails of life in the sunbelt conference, wishing it was my team that was going to the rose bowl, etc...

however if I were in DFW, i would most certainly enjoy some NT bball and some fry street

I'll be watching football the Class 3A DIVISION I STATE SEMIFINALS:

Gainesville (12-0) vs. Liberty-Eylau (10-2) at 8:00 Saturday at Texas Stadium.

Some great HS games at Texas Stadium.

Class 5A REGION I FINAL

Southlake Carroll (13-0) vs. Plano (13-0)

1:00 Saturday at Texas Stadium

Class 4A REGION II FINAL

Hebron (13-0) vs. Wylie (10-3)

4:30 Saturday at Texas Stadium

I'll be in Waco at Noon watching the TAPPS DIV IV Championship between Carr. American Heritage and Trinty Christian-Cedar Hill.

Since August there really hasn't been a Saturday in which I haven't been at a Mean Green football game, or an FC Dallas game, so under much pressure I made a deal with the wife that I won't go to many saturday night basketball games. (I know, I'm weak) But I should make a good # of Monday/Tuesday/Thursday night games this year.

Since August there really hasn't been a Saturday in which I haven't been at a Mean Green football game, or an FC Dallas game, so under much pressure I made a deal with the wife that I won't go to many saturday night basketball games. (I know, I'm weak) But I should make a good # of Monday/Tuesday/Thursday night games this year.

Well if you make the weekday games I'm going to make an attempt to make most of the saturday games. biggrin.gif

You need some scene control.

Trust me.  I know, I'm married and revoked my scene control card 9 years ago.

Nothing wrong with it - its the reality of marriage.

Just funny to see that post alongside the responses in this thread and the Season Ticket Holder post with the wife wanting him to complain to RV.

I hope I don't get flamed by the women on the board for my comment...

Well.....I am going to the Texas State playoff game is San Marcus. The game last week was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen! It's close to home (30 min. drive) and cheap! I can take my whole family for the price of one longhorn ticket. AND....it's going to be a sellout, or real close! 1-AA football....playing for a REAL National Championship!

Watching the Pflugerville Connelly-Marshall playoff game in Burleson.

Just curious as to what all the die-hard supporters of NT athletics here on this board will be doing Saturday evening when our womens team hosts SMU and our mens team hosts Chatanooga, starting at 5pm.