Favorite Patrick Cobbs moment or run ?

calvin

yeah, i was going to say the baylor game for sure. that was my first north texas game and i was hooked! i remember him having an incredible run for like 60-80 yards that game (up the middle i think), but i'll have to consult my dvd later tonight to remember exactly.

speaking of "highlight" dvds, will there even be one this year and if so, i can't wait to hear the commentary's spin on the season!

Where to start? I'd have to say the Arkansas St. game 2003. This was my dad's first game. Our offense trotted onto the field and I told my dad to watch out for #43 (my old jersey number BTW). He said, hmm, we'll see. About that time he turned the corner on the ASU defense and tore off a long one. He just kind of looked at me with a little suprise and I smiled. Cobbs burned up their defense that entire game. I remember thinking they were especially slow on the corners and we exploited it all game long. I believe this was the game with the infamous grenade and Heisman pose. What a night. I missed having one of those this year.

As far as the highlight DVD, I believe they will have one and I think they should make a chapter in there for Patrick. A section in there showing all his highlights from his career would be awesome. Can they make that happen?

As far as my favorite run, there are too many to choose from. The one against Ark St where he split the linemen was great and the 80 yarder against Baylor was awesome too.

But it's got to be the run he made against Tulsa this year. I cant' wait to see this one again on the DVD this year. I know the season was bad and the Tulsa game was really bad, but Patrick absolutely juked the corner out of his jock by the sideline and then ripped off about 15 more yards or so. It was the prettiest juke I have ever seen.

I think that corner's shoes are still sitting on the field.

Cobbs is a man.

No gloves. No arm bands. No fluff.

How football should be played.

We will miss you Patrick.

The first time I ever saw Cobbs play was in the 2002 Homecoming game against LaMO... he and Galbreath put on a spectacular show that day. I think the final score was something like 42-2.

Edited by ipEAGLE

The blocked punt. Showed me that PC was a team player.

My other favorite memories are of how he spoke of North Texas in interviews and how he represented himself. This young man will have earned two degrees by the time he graduates, set a record as our greatest running back ever, always spoke highly of his time at North Texas, recruited JaMo and exhibited his team first attitude last year when he was injured by mentoring JaMario. #43 should be retired and put up on the pressbox by Mr. Greene, Mr. Haynes, Mr. Gill and Mr. Renfro.

The blocked punt.  Showed me that PC was a team player.

My other favorite memories are of how he spoke of North Texas in interviews and how he represented himself.  This young man will have earned two degrees by the time he graduates, set a record as our greatest running back ever, always spoke highly of his time at North Texas, recruited JaMo and exhibited his team first attitude last year when he was injured by mentoring JaMario.  #43 should be retired and put up on the pressbox by Mr. Greene, Mr. Haynes, Mr. Gill and Mr. Renfro.

One of my favorite stories involved a friend who hung out and studied with him and had no idea he was a football player. She thought he was just a great guy to be around.

Now, is she an idiot? Yes. But, the fact that he carried himself humbly enough the in 2003 and 2004 when he was doing some of his best work (she only found out when he got hurt) shows what an outstanding individual he is without even bringing football into it.

How many college athletes, even the 2nd and 3rd stringers, would avoid advertising what they do on campus or in the classroom?

Great idea btw - Let's run that number up at the SMU game.

Next year against SMU would be a great time to do that.

True, but the SMUt game will draw a crowd anyway. Plan this for another game that isn't expected to draw a big crowd based on the opponent alone and then market it to death. Oh wait, did I say market a game? Sorry.