DD’s comments on what went wrong this year (DRC)

El Paso Eagle

ONE WORD - OWNERSHIP

This is just my opinion but I’m not sure why he has to go back and look at what happened at this point. Isn’t it his job and his staff to be aware of the issues and adjust during the season? I would have felt a lot better about DD if he had just come out and flat said –

I did a poor job of preparing the team this year. My staff and I did not recognize the potential problems after last season well enough to make the necessary changes. Once we did recognize the problems we did not react as we should have. I also did not do my job in regards to the on the field discipline of this team. I have always challenged our players to push it to the edge, but to also play smart and know the difference between aggressive and out of control.

Look, even if you don’t like DD you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and realize that he does not like to lose and will do what he can to turn things around. I think this will also be a test of the Administration, AD, and BOR to support the program and Dickey and allow him to make changes at the assistant level and give him the funding to upgrade his new hires whenever he makes them.

The fact is DD is not leaving. So now many of us have a choice to make. Continue to spend 100% of the off season not supporting DD and finding negative in every thing he and his staff do, or spend another few days or so venting and then turn our efforts into looking for the positives. This does not mean that we act like nothing bad ever happened, but it will probably help the off season to be more bearable. Again, just my opinion.

One bad season would be excusable IF DD had been able to compete with teams ranked better than 80 and lower, but the sad fact is that since DeLoach (sp?) left the team has been tumbling head over heals downward. If we still had DeLoach then every season since '02 would have been a heck of a lot better and our defense would still be performing at a top 10 level rather than bottom 10, but I guess thats what we get for hiring a bottom 10 coach to do the job. The sad fact is that everyone is concentrating on the new stadium thinking it is a fix-all, but it will fix nothing unless we can get our coachs salaries up enough to keep a great coach like DeLoach or how about our OL coach that went with Stoops 2 years ago, look where OL has gone, I think his name was Wolford, but this rant is all coming off the top of my head.

ONE WORD - OWNERSHIP

This is just my opinion but I’m not sure why he has to go back and look at what happened at this point. Isn’t it his job and his staff to be aware of the issues and adjust during the season? I would have felt a lot better about DD if he had just come out and flat said –

I did a poor job of preparing the team this year. My staff and I did not recognize the potential problems after last season well enough to make the necessary changes. Once we did recognize the problems we did not react as we should have. I also did not do my job in regards to the on the field discipline of this team. I have always challenged our players to push it to the edge, but to also play smart and know the difference between aggressive and out of control.

Look, even if you don’t like DD you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and realize that he does not like to lose and will do what he can to turn things around. I think this will also be a test of the Administration, AD, and BOR to support the program and Dickey and allow him to make changes at the assistant level and give him the funding to upgrade his new hires whenever he makes them.

It appears that more and more people are getting it. Nicely written. If we have learned anything, it is that nothing is impossible with this team.

Looking forward to spring ball and the full-time return of Jamario Thomas..

GMG!!

The fact is DD is not leaving. So now many of us have a choice to make. Continue to spend 100% of the off season not supporting DD and finding negative in every thing he and his staff do, or spend another few days or so venting and then turn our efforts into looking for the positives. This does not mean that we act like nothing bad ever happened, but it will probably help the off season to be more bearable. Again, just my opinion.

This is as true as the sun coming up in the east. Dickey is not leaving. No pressure from the Alumni or Students could acheive that. So, it's time to vent. But it will probably take several months before everyone is through doing that, and rightfully so. After that, time to get back on board and do what we can to beat SMU, and look decent at Texas.

ONE WORD - OWNERSHIP

I'll give Devil Dickey credit for having the guts to put the blame on himself. This is EXACTLY what NT fans/alums need to hear.

His career at NT will come down to the SMU game.