Let's here 'em

greenshadow

...is all still well....everyone ok with this....it is just gonna take time right? And by the way this is not a blip...its just the OOC Schedule virus now invading the Conference Schedule.

Somebody tell me how bright the future is...

Youth is no longer an excuse since Troy is basically as young as a we are, I sure hope our future does not get burned by our inept coaches.

Somebody tell me how bright the future is...

I'm impressed with the way the defense played, especially after the third quarter when they should have had nothing left. And the 3-D graphics of the new facilities were incredible.

Sucks to have lost a game, but 26 straight conference wins brought us to the point where ESPN2 came to Denton and those facilities got the greenlight. I still am optimistic about the future of North Texas.

Guest e-bone

How many years of 2, 3, 4 personal fouls a game does it take for the coaches to start getting onto the players for that crap and punishing them? We used to be good enough to make up for them, but not anymore.

I agree about the personal fouls...it's almost like our reputation for getting them has caught up with us. The one they called on Covington in the second half was crap. He and the receiver ran into each other after the whistle.

Branch, on the other hand, always seems to be around when those personal foul flags start flying.

Two words (ok, maybe more than two words, but), Joey Byerly and T.J. Raymond. If you are going to recruit the player and pay for their education, you should keep tabs on how they are actually doing in class...IMHO.

We will never know if Byerly was a player or not, but it's obvious we need T.J.'s presence in the middle. What could have been......

It's not like Troy is a real veteran team compared to us, but they sure looked like it.

Keith

I'm impressed with the way the defense played, especially after the third quarter when they should have had nothing left.

It's not hard to stop the run when you put 9 in the box and don't have to fear the passing game (see UNT's 2005 offensive production). Troy posed absolutely no passing threat...especially in the 3rd quarter (I don't recall Troy attempting a single pass), yet we still managed to give up 283 rushing yards.

And that personal foul by TJ was clearly after the whistle. The ref could have kept the flag in his pocket but no one could (or did) argue the call. That penalty really hurt us at a crucial time in the game.

Troy gave us many opportunities to keep our streak alive yet we squandered each and every one of them.

But, because we are in the worst conference in D-1, it's not over yet. Troy was not impressive and they will lose one or two SBC games. If we can figure out how to play as a team and cut down on the penalties and turnovers we can still win the SBC. While I saw a lot of negatives I did see some positive things tonight.

Well I have to disagree on the Covington one-that play was clearly over.

As for the fumble by JT, I thought they had Replay in college this year, but they didn't seem to want to use it there.

Covington should have stopped running. When I saw it originally, I thought it was a bad call, but the replays showed otherwise. Same for the JT fumble. The replay showed the call to be correct.

How many years of 2, 3, 4 personal fouls a game does it take for the coaches to start getting onto the players for that crap and punishing them? We used to be good enough to make up for them, but not anymore.

Maybe the correct question is when is the AD going to hold the coaching staff accountable for this? huh.gif