Troy State game

I honestly believe we see the re-emergence of Jamario Thomas tomorrow night. This is a nationally televised game and a conference game. Coach Dickey takes those games even more serious than the others. I dont know that he would pull PC from the starting lineup, but you can bet J-Mo will get some more carries. The wild card in this whole deal is still the offensive line. Troy blitzes almost as much as Tulsa. The OL better get it's act together quickly. They have to start jelling eventually? Who knows, this week could start another run to the title. OR... we could lose by 30 and start another run to the Beer Barn.

Either way, I'm not putting too much stock in this season. It's a young team and growing pains are a part of it. I honestly want to see what Coach Dickey does with this talent next season. Just play the Troy game to win and let the chips fall where they may. In the mean time,

I'll have beer and Rum in the cooler; here's hoping Flannigan has his cooler stocked too...

GMG!!!

Everyone just needs to relax. Let's not hit the panic button yet... let's get through tomorrow night... If we stink up the joint, fine, then we have reason to worry, but let's see if this team is still strongest where it has been for 5 years before we all jump overboard.

It's been suicide watch on this board since the Tulsa game. LOL!

Personally I would love to see a packed Fouts and a win.  But I think the only thing we MIGHT have a chance at is a win.  We won't pack Fouts or get anywhere close to that.  I won't even be there. (and you know that I don't miss games)...DAMN NIGHT CLASSES!  mad.gif

Is it time to play hooky for one class, GreenBrigadeDebbie? rolleyes.gif

BTW, what do you think of the new Green Brigade unis'? AND.....how many are in that huge band this year--do you know? It seems like our largest marching band ever at NORTH TEXAS looking at them at the Tulsa game.

GMG!

Break Troy's spirit early and they are a different team. Let them hang around and that is what could be scarey.

Boise bounced back in conference this week with a win at Hawaii - the Beast of the WAC. We need to do the same and just take care of our Sun Belt business. I want a bowl game this year!

Trounce Troy!

GMG

I have not posted yet since the season started. Mostly because I was at a loss for words. I listened to the MTSU game on the internet. That 14 point swing was incredibly fortunate for NT. The Tulsa game was a train wreck. We were up 2-0 at the start of the 2nd quarter and what happened after that was just bizarre. We didn't give our QB any time at all to do anything....and they made up look silly. I don't think the O line is up for the task. K-state is not very good, but we sure made them look like something. I don't think we will win tomorrow....not gonna happen. (Insert the "I hope I'm wrong and I'll be pulling for them anyway line here) My 2 cents and even that was free.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Let me throw a little cold water on this pity party. I don't know what happened with our team the last couple of times but I think they have a lot more potential. For all we know, they will bust loose tomorrow night. What good does 'I don't think it's gonna happen...' do? If all the fans had that kind of crap attitude then yeah I guess we could expect something pitiful again. However, I'm going to quote one of our Southern Miss 'friends' from last year and say GET OFF YOUR AAAAAAAA AND GET UP FOR THE MEAN GREEN TO LAY AN AAAAAAAA - WHOOPIN ON THESE REDNECK SOUTHERN ALABAMA MIDDLE OF NOWHERE HILLBILLY COUNTRY BOYS!!!!!

Now get out there and show your team you expect a win no matter what happened before!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!