Kendrick Davis

SUMG

Street and Smith's college basketball mag is out. They pick us 4th in the West. As mentioned in the title, they do pick Arkansas transfer, Kendrick Davis, as the pre-season "Newcomer of the Year" for the SBC.

Athlon's mag is also out. They pick us 5th in the West.

Needless to say, Denver and Yemi Nicholson will be very tough to beat in the West.

Kendrick Davis is about the same height as Len Hopkins but is much lighter. He is an excellent shooter from 3-point and from the foul line. He also can take the ball inside and score. Hopkins and Chris Davis used their strength to get inside. K. Davis relys on his quickness and moves when he goes to the hoop. He also is lefthanded which will often confuse a defender used to guarding righties. He can't rebound like CD and Hop did, but otherwise is a comparable player to those two.

I haven't read a word about this season's Denver Pioneers but I saw them play once on TV and 4 times at the Super Pit last season. My opinion of them last season was they were basically a 3-man team. All-Conference PG Rodney Billups and shooting Guard Erik Benzell have graduated. Granted, Yemi Nicholson is the best big man in the conference, but he needs some help. If Denver doesn't bring in some impact players, I don't see how they can win the West.

What's the new West Div. going to look like with NMSU out of the picture?

Same as last year, except substitute Troy for NMSU.

West: UNO, UNT, ULL, S Bama, Troy, and Denver

East: UALR, ASU, MTSU, WKU, FIU

FAU will be added to the league in 2006-2007, as a 6th team in the East Division.

When that happens, I hope they do a geographical switch, moving SBama and Troy to the East, and putting UALR and ASU in our division.

Same as last year, except substitute Troy for NMSU.

West: UNO, UNT, ULL, S Bama, Troy, and Denver

East: UALR, ASU, MTSU, WKU, FIU

FAU will be added to the league in 2006-2007, as a 6th team in the East Division.

When that happens, I hope they do a geographical switch, moving SBama and Troy to the East, and putting UALR and ASU in our division.

Don't forget ULM coming in next year, which will throw the divisions out of balance again.

Hopefully Denver will find a suitable home.