FW*Telegram It's 108-9 / Last in SBC offense,7th

OldTimer

Baby Arm, he completely destroyed his ankle last year. Shattered it to pieces. If I remember correctly it happened on a Sunday in the first day of full contact? Many who were there reported that it was a carreer ending injury. The fact that he walked again is amazing, even moreso that he tried to come back. He gave it a shot, he couldn't. That's enough for me to give him my respect.

SilverEagle

Wait a minute!  That's what I was saying at the Tulsa game......except for the Diet Coke thing.

We know! biggrin.gif

Rick

Baby Arm, he completely destroyed his ankle last year.  Shattered it to pieces.  If I remember correctly it happened on a Sunday in the first day of full contact? Many who were there reported that it was a carreer ending injury.  The fact that he walked again is amazing, even moreso that he tried to come back.  He gave it a shot, he couldn't.  That's enough for me to give him my respect. 

Like I said, I don't know the kid or his situation and it's just my opininion based on what I've read. Coming back from that kind of injury is commendable. That kind of work and rehab takes guts, more than I have.

If he was quitting due to the injury, I'd have no problem with it at all. He can't help it if he tried to come back and couldn't make it. My only question is that all the information posted and even Poisonivy's post says he quit becuase of a lack of playing time not due to the ankle. Kudos to the kid for doing all of that work, enduring the pain of surgery and rehab. It seems a shame to throw all that away by quitting the team. Sure it's frustrating to do all of that and not get the playing time. But there is no disgrace in being a back up! Every player contributes to the team. The kid may feel he has to do what is best for him. But by leaving the team midseason over playing time issues is breaking the covenant with his teammates. Once again, I only know from what I've read and don't know the kid so my opinion really doesn't matter.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore.

I want everyone out there who uses the word "quitter" so freely to do something for me. The next time one of your friends or co-workers or relatives ends their marriage (and ESPECIALLY if they have kids), regardless of the circumstances, I want you to call them QUITTERS. In addition, if you are aware that they don't spend as much time with their kids as they should, I want you to call them BIG TIME QUITTERS.

I don't want you to use phrases like "well, they just got out of a real bad situation", or "man! that was too bad for the kids, but (insert the name of your friend here) just didn't have any choice." YOU MUST CALL THEM QUITTERS!

We have an incredible number of deadbeat Dads out there, some of which are still with their families. They live in the same house, but they neglect both their spouse and their kids. Sometimes so that they can go and hang-out with 'the guys" in a sports bar and throw around judgemental words like "quitter".

I find it very interesting that some men will dish out their harshest words for someone who stops playing for a SPORTS TEAM, but they won't use the same harsh words when it's a situation that really matters.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore.

I want everyone out there who uses the word "quitter" so freely to do something for me. The next time one of your friends or co-workers or relatives ends their marriage (and ESPECIALLY if they have kids), regardless of the circumstances, I want you to call them QUITTERS. In addition, if you are aware that they don't spend as much time with their kids as they should, I want you to call them BIG TIME QUITTERS.

I don't want you to use phrases like "well, they just got out of a real bad situation", or "man! that was too bad for the kids, but (insert the name of your friend here) just didn't have any choice."  YOU MUST CALL THEM QUITTERS!

We have an incredible number of deadbeat Dads out there, some of which are still with their families. They live in the same house, but they neglect both their spouse and their kids. Sometimes so that they can go and hang-out with 'the guys" in a sports bar and throw around judgemental words like "quitter".

I find it very interesting that some men will dish out their harshest words for someone who stops playing for a SPORTS TEAM, but they won't use the same harsh words when it's a situation that really matters.

I don't have a problem calling people who get divorced quitters indeed they are. Or for that matter people who go to rehab. Again, the definition of a quitter is one who quits somthing. But me thinks your rant is better suited to the "Dead Beat Dads board" or the "My Daddy Neglected Me and then Divorced My Mommy Board" or the "My Husband is Emotionally Unavailable for Me and the Kids Board" not the football board.

Now, if the reason a player quits a team is directly related to the fact that his dead beat dad is abusing his mom and the player had to return home to help mom and make sure dad stops kicking the dog then by all means post your rant on the football board.

I don't have a problem calling people who get divorced quitters indeed they are.  Or for that matter people who go to rehab.  Again, the definition of a quitter is one who quits somthing.  But me thinks your rant is better suited to the "Dead Beat Dads board" or the "My Daddy Neglected Me and then Divorced My Mommy Board" or the "My Husband is Emotionally Unavailable for Me and the Kids Board" not the football board. 

Now, if the reason a player quits a team is directly related to the fact that his dead beat dad is abusing his mom and the player had to return home to help mom and make sure dad stops kicking the dog then by all means post your rant on the football board.

Sigh, First of all, people who are in rehab are not quitters, they are trying to get better.....often for the benefit of their relationship....or family. Of course, I would expect that someone who is fast and loose with negative words like "quitter" to not know the difference.

My mother (I never called her mommy) used to say "it takes two to tango". It could be that the program quit on this young man, as much as the other way around. We'll never know for sure.

I still say "leave the door open", and quit calling names.

Sigh,  First of all, people who are in rehab are not quitters, they are trying to get better.....often for the benefit of their relationship....or family. Of course, I would expect that someone who is fast and loose with negative words like "quitter" to not know the difference. 

My mother (I never called her mommy) used to say "it takes two to tango". It could be that the program quit on this young man, as much as the other way around. We'll never know for sure.

I still say "leave the door open", and quit calling names.

The rehab bit was somewhat of a joke. I suppose some need emoticons.

Regardless if you quit something be it good or ill you are a quitter. It's not name calling. And at the risk of harry locking down this thread I'm standing by what I've said less I be branded a quitter. biggrin.gif

The quitter leaving won't have anything to do with recruiting NEO. Dickey and his dad both have had strong Oklahoma recruiting ties. Football coaches understand that some kids get hurt, frustrated, and quit.

We're talking about a junior college here, not a high school. The JUCO coaches have these guys for couple of years. Prep coaches see the kids develop for four years. It's not the same.

Besides, you've got other former Golden Norse like Kevin Galbreath who had great success here to counter the experience of anyone who gets injured and decides to hang it up.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch