Attendance on Saturday

untgirl04

I went to the Ticket Office yesterday to pick up yet another ticket for Saturday (I'm now up to 4 family members, and at least 6 additional guests) and asked them about ticket selling for Saturday.

They said that the game was selling very highly, and that tickets are going fast. I asked if we were near 20k, and they said they couldn't confirm definitely, but that it was a real probability.

Let's aim high for this game - Sell Out Fouts!

If you know any students who are in town for the weekend, go into the dorms and drag them out to the game! Bring your friends, coworkers, and fellow students and lets all cheer on the Mean Green!

On an otherwise unrelated note: I have finally reached Platinum Eagle status. cool.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a hard time finding 4 seats together for my family, so I'm guessing we're not doing too badly. I didn't ask about season tickets though, just the overall.

Since my wife is still a student I think myself, wife, and baby will be with the Students across the way, guessing general admission ticket here, but I hope to be there.

Also I am sure Maple and other Halls will be doing some painting to get ready.

GO MEAN GREEN!!! biggrin.gif

blink.gifcool.gif

I went to the Ticket Office yesterday to pick up yet another ticket for Saturday (I'm now up to 4 family members, and at least 6 additional guests) and asked them about ticket selling for Saturday.

They said that the game was selling very highly, and that tickets are going fast. I asked if we were near 20k, and they said they couldn't confirm definitely, but that it was a real probability.

Let's aim high for this game - Sell Out Fouts!

If you know any students who are in town for the weekend, go into the dorms and drag them out to the game! Bring your friends, coworkers, and fellow students and lets all cheer on the Mean Green!

On an otherwise unrelated note: I have finally reached Platinum Eagle status.  cool.gif

Called earlier to order chairback seats for my 4 season tickets area and they were back-logged then. In fact, had to leave a voice mail to Gabe Kirkpatrick.

So are you saying they feel they are at 20K now without figuring in Game Day walk-up sales? blink.gif

If that is the case, then this is great because I really feel TU will also bring a most representable group from Oklahoma as well as their DFW area Golden Hurricane alumnus group.

I've posted 24-25,000 for the NT/TU game with my green-tinted glasses on but who knows--just maybe? smile.gif Folks, we do kinda' need to draw more than the MUTS now don't we which I think the Blue Raiders and their game with us were close to 21,000? And even SMU who "announced" 22,000 for their game with TCU?

We have the reservoir from which to draw to do all this plus a bag of chips if our marketing efforts can just be effective with the demographic groups in Denton and Denton County that it really needs to annually focus on. We have a great product, but I still wonder how many newcomers to the area know about it and know they are invited to be our special guest and join us on the Mean Green bandwagon?

We know we will get a good turnout from what was probably another record-breaking NT freshmen class this Fall PLUS all the prior record-breaking frosh classes the last 5 years runnning we should retain many from all of that group. And becaus of all that it really should be translating into more fans at Fouts Field as each year comes around.

This thing in Mean Green Country will grow in spite of small athletic marketing budgets--just hide, watch and see!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

blink.gifcool.gif

So are you saying they feel they are at 20K now without figuring in Game Day walk-up sales? blink.gif

GMG!

The folks at the office were really careful not to give me an exact number. But the impression I got is that we will make 20k.

Also, our group of ex-Clark Hall folks (and some current ones), alumni, and guests, paint up before every game and enter the stadium singing the fight song. We will pose for pictures (we're the ones on the ticket stubs) and we will also sing the school song or alma mater upon request. In addition, some members of the group have been known take other song and dance requests as well. rolleyes.gif

Not sure how it's going to work with us season ticket holders on the alumni side now, but you can be sure we'll be loud. smile.gif

this is great to hear because personally, i've been upset about a wedding this Saturday (two NT grads.) that's pulling a ton of my friends away from the game. maybe i'm a little naive, but i don't think it make sense to schedule a wedding on the night of a home football game. that sounds dumb to actually say, but there are so many away games that it seems a little mean to your guests to keep them from the game. thank goodness i don't really know the two, so i'll for sure be there sat.

this is great to hear because personally, i've been upset about a wedding this Saturday (two NT grads.) that's pulling a ton of my friends away from the game. maybe i'm a little naive, but i don't think it make sense to schedule a wedding on the night of a home football game. that sounds dumb to actually say, but there are so many away games that it seems a little mean to your guests to keep them from the game. thank goodness i don't really know the two, so i'll for sure be there sat.

At some schools the couple would probably be asked to return their alumni rings for pulling such a stunt. Kind of like planning a wedding for the first weekend of November (openning day of dear season).

A wedding in the middle of football season? blink.gif

I could never fathom such an event.

Aren't you glad Jason and I got married in August? tongue.gif

Actually, we talked about doing a September wedding and having it at Fouts - girls in green dresses and all... but we just didn't want to wait that long. biggrin.gif

Spoke with the ticket office yesterday to see how the Tulsa side was selling and he said not good...my reply was not good as in under 2000...the response i got was around 200. 

O well more good seats for our fans.

I imagine that many (especially any students that make the trip) will purchase tickets on game day as a walk up.