Saturday Recap

Rudy

Game changing performance on ESPN. I know this is a bcs bj fest, but come on, you dont even list the 99 yard interception return and turned the game around. What the hell is your definition of a "game changing performance?" If there is a way for us to do a write in cadidate, we have to try to correct this.

Uniform talk:

The Bad:

Okie state's uni's are pretty bad. Ive never been a fan of the white helmet. ESPECIALLY when your home uni's are a solid one color.

t.u. uniforms suck. Good Lord can you get anymore boring than that. I know, "but its universally recognizable." Yeah, they are but they still suck. on the road, all white, which is great for baseball games, but bad for football. What do they do for home games? Simply put on an orange-brown jersey which happens to be the same color of whats in the toilets on Fry St.

NMSU, why did you change your uni's? Despite my despise for your backstabbing college, you had some good fb uni's going. Tonight at CU, all white with plain white helmets that said "Aggies" Did all of your taste in style leave with Samuels?

Penn St, well, lets just put you in the same category as t.u., only with a better coach.

The Good:

Ohio State, classic uniforms. Simple but very stylish. Red and Silver, one of the best combos.

MTSU has some good ones, Once again silver, but combined with blue. Nice touch.

SBC talk:

We as a conference HAVE to get better. The two Louisiana schools lost to freakin' wyoming and eastern michigan. Please tell me I am having a nightmare. Wyoming only has one freakin college in the entire state and the entire population of that state couldnt fill a bcs stadium. How in the world can they field a good program in anything other than rodeo? And Eastern Michgan?? Please. EMU, CMU, and WMU have to fight for the scraps left by MU and MSU. IN a state that small with two "big" programs, how do those other three even field D-1 programs? Troy, well I'll give it to you, UAB isnt a bad program, but even you should be able to outrecruit and out play them. Hey, Ark St won! Thats awesome, oh wait, TN-Martin isnt D-1. FAU, You played well, and had a chance, but can I make a suggestion? I know you want to pack your guns for protection when you visit Miami, but next time, unload the weapon before you put it in your pants so you won't shoot yourselves in the foot anymore.

Please, we have to start beating D-1 OOC teams to gain any respect as a conference.

Edited by Rudy

The silver lining on living in Hawaii (besides the obvious), is the fact that ESPN Gameplan is the bomb. I love getting up at 4:30am and not leaving my studio until 8:00pm. I would give it all up to be at all Mean Green home and away games in a heartbeat, but its at least bearable with so much darn football to choose from.

Marshall - silly silly last second throw. What were they thinking! Glad KSU won. Marshall's stadium is sweet and I can't help but think our future surroundings will look and sound the same.

Idaho, NMSU, USU - still follow our former roomates. Idaho looks improved and will actually compete in the WAC. They will win some games before the year is over. USU is no match for the Utes that HAVE taken the next step and even left BYU behind. NMSU - not sure I saw a much different team even with all the Mumme hype. They will get better, but they seemed flat - maybe UTEP gave them a stinging punch.

New Mexico - nice win in Mizzou! Another big win for the MWC.

TCU - wish I could have seen this game. Was the stadium really full of purple, and were the Froggies pulling their hair out?

ISU - Could this really be the power of the Big 12 North! CU is better defensively this year, but they are going to take some knocks in Miami and around the Big 12.

Texas is for real. Young is the best thing since sliced bread - all in all I can't even discount the Horns. Forever I have thought they were overrated and untested and all they do is win. I still don't like Mack (whiner). However, this team will make a solid run for SoCal if they can beat OU (Big if - it is in the head (see MTSU)).

BIGTIME LSU fan tonight. I usually root for ASU, but not on a night like tonight. Watching the fans in Tiger Stadium root like heck after that tremendous game made the eyes water up. God Bless the great state of Louisiana and its wonderful people.

GMG