Would you accept this?

emmitt01

If we could go 9-3 this year with the three losses to K-State, LSU and the MUTS with Middle Tennessee going undefeated in conference and taking the NO Bowl bid would you take that? We'd have wins over Tulsa and La Tech and a 9 win season. Would you sign off on this today in the hopes that maybe we get a bid in another bowl game?

Would you rather have what CFN predicts and be 7-4 with no OOC wins but a NO Bowl bid?

If we could go 9-3 this year with the three losses to K-State, LSU and the MUTS with Middle Tennessee going undefeated in conference and taking the NO Bowl bid would you take that?  We'd have wins over Tulsa and La Tech and a 9 win season.  Would you sign off on this today in the hopes that maybe we get a bid in another bowl game? 

Would you rather have what CFN predicts and be 7-4 with no OOC wins but a NO Bowl bid?

Emmitt, I might jump off the top of the Fouts Field press box right into running traffic on Interstate 35 if we lost to Tulsa and La Tech this Fall. Those 2 losses would set this program back tremendously until Coach Dickey and staff had another 7-8 Texas state top 100 recruiting classs with a few Fab 40 recruits from the state of Oklahoma.

This Fall, I think NT is reloading with some good football players that will be suffice for our non BCS competition; don't know how they will stack up against Top 25 schools until we play a few. Until we get what will be the recruiting percs of a new football stadium, I still don't think we get competitive with the Top 25 group on a regular basis.

Against Top 25 schools, I am talking about an NT football program (once in our new stadium) that just doesn't get the moral victories OR the occasional one hit wonder type upsets like La Tech and Troy U seem to get from time to time; athough that would be a nice gift to all of us every once in a while. Yet those 2 schools don't ever seem to capitalize on such Big Time victories the years they've had them because they later lose to schools they shouldn't lose to and in the case of La Tech, have even finished under .500 in the seasons they've had such wins.

** Tough question to answer except all I know is that I don't won't us to take no prisoners at MUTSville on September 10'th. I am not ready to concede anything to the Blue Raiders until they show what they can do on the football field. The "Rada's" and the SBC recruiting gurus (who obviously have never seen any Texas HS football) have beaten us just about every year on paper since the creation of the football portion of the 'Belt, now haven't they? rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

"If we could go 9-3 this year with the three losses to K-State, LSU and the MUTS with Middle Tennessee going undefeated in conference and taking the NO Bowl bid would you take that? We'd have wins over Tulsa and La Tech and a 9 win season. Would you sign off on this today in the hopes that maybe we get a bid in another bowl game?"

Absolutely I'd take it. And it would be even better if MTSU were to lose one conference game, so North Texas could still claim to be SBC Champions and have rings made.

Hopefully the Independance Bowl or the Fort Worth Bowl would have an opening and Rick V would be very aggressive in pursuing landing North Texas in one of them.

Edited by ADLER

Emmitt, I might jump off the top of the Fouts Field press box right into running traffic on Interstate 35 if we lost to Tulsa and La Tech this Fall.  Those 2 losses would set this program back tremendously until Coach Dickey and staff had another 7-8 Texas state top 100 recruiting classs with a few Fab 40 recruits from the state of Oklahoma.

Jim, if you didn't "jump off the top of Fouts field" when we lost to FIU last year......AT HOME...then I seriously doubt you would if we were to lose to Tulsa and/or LaTech.

I'm rather ambivalent about Emmitt's scenario. It's a real test of how credible North Texas has become in the eyes of the football world, as well as a test of RV's selling/negotiating abilities.

I think I might go for it.

Jim, if you didn't "jump off the top of Fouts field" when we lost to FIU last year......AT HOME...then I seriously doubt you would if we were to lose to Tulsa and/or LaTech.

I'm rather ambivalent about Emmitt's scenario. It's a real test of how credible North Texas has become in the eyes of the football world, as well as a test of RV's selling/negotiating abilities.

I think I might go for it.

Correction SilverEagle, we lost to FAU. wink.gif

Edited by DeepGreen

Correction SilverEagle, we lot to FAU. wink.gif

Bill, you didn't see em' pulling me back in from off the top of the Press Box last year after Coach Howie' put one on us?!?!? And you didn't see SUMG up there saying: "LET HIM JUMP (his polls are killing me)!"{:>)

When FAU beat UHawaii in Honolulu the week before they played us I then began to think we might have some problems with Howard Schnellenberger's team--even in Denton.

I think we received some very nice credibility during the Brandon Kennedy/Cody Spencer era, but we do seem to be slipping and the rout at UT-Austin last year seemed to be the very thing that made us very prone to more media opinions and questions.

I think the media-types may have thought that any team that had gone to 3 bowl games in a row should have played the Texas Longhorns a little closer--but that was yesterday and yesterday's gone. NT better get used to it, but more SBC'ers are wondering where are our Missouri wins and near-wins at LSU. I still prefer winning over schools that pull off those upsets as to get bowl-worthy, but our time has come to pull off at least one of the Big Boy OOC wins sometimes. BUT...........I don't think any of us want a Big Boy win at the expense of watching the rest on the season sink into oblivion such as La Tech has seen their seasons do most any year they had a Big Win. I mean why beat the Jolley Green Giant at the beginning of a football season if you fool around and let one of the Wizard of Oz's munschkins kick your arse later on?sad.gif

This upcoming NT football team intrigues many of us to say the least inasmuch as we don't really know what to expect, but (personally) I expect more positive than negative from this 2005 Mean Green football team.

And whether Byerly makes his grades or not, I think we are still going to be just fine at QB. We have a coaching staff who can effectively work with young quarterbacks as to get them to function with the team around them no matter their experience and we all know who we can point to as a prime example of that. (How about a frosh' Mean Green QB who was at the helm for our school's first ever bowl win in the modern era of NCAA football)?

I think we should all not forget in these discussions as to what we do have rather than what we don't.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen