2005 FB Score Predictions

Trust me, I understand that.  Finally, the IDIOT AD we have is getting away from those money games.  We used to go into those BCS games ready to win and did win, but these past three years have been terrible.  Sure.. we beat Ok State and Mich. State, but when you stack those other games up against them.. it's pretty bad.  We do have a bit tougher conference though, playing Fresno, Boise, Hawaii, and Nevada every year.  You guys are in a pretty weak conference, BUT...  that's not entirely bashing you.  You guys stomp your conf. every year but don't win OOC games very often.  I figure if NT gets to step up into say.. the C-USA, MAC, or WAC, the competition and recruiting and all would proportionally rise and you would do well.  You're building nice facilities right now and are keeping consistency in smacking the Belt every year, so though I think you'll have a hard surprise to handle this season in Ruston, in the future you guys will be great.  Just beat the hell out of the Belt, whip Tulsa, and play the rest of us hard this year and I'd LOVE to have a regional rival in a formidable NT team.

Yes Master...is that all we can do for you? We just want to be worthy to be able play you. The SEC...oh, that's right, you are in the frickin' WAC, yet another non-BCS conference, just like the Belt. You know, I think we have been pretty gracious and courteous to you, and all you have been is an obnoxious jerk there guy. Is there REALLY that big a difference amongst us non-BCS schools? Not really...we are not an LSU, OU, USC, etc. Let's just accept the fact that after the Top 50 teams...which you guys are not, it really is almost a crap shoot as far as who is better.

The SB and NT are NOT here to serve you dude! laugh.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever man.. the inferiority complex is strong in the Belt. Especially with those idiots at Ark. St. I like North Texas and I think ya'll will move up and whip some BC$ tail in the future and I want a regional rivalry with you since UL-you pick'em both suck and our Texas-WAC buddies left. Besides that, they sucked (except for UTEP last year finally) and you guys are pretty good. You talk a lot of smack too. Just seriously take a moment for a reality check and realize that the crappy Belt competition is not a good measurement of how your team could perform. Win some OOC games or beat us and I'll give your record more respect. I think Troy will be a good one though, as they've had some success recently. I don't want to hear the argument of how ya'll go to bowls all the time as if Tech were in the Belt, we'd be going to the bowl every year too. We have to work for ours and we have at least 3 bowls in our conference every year, if not 4 or 5.

All that aside... I wish ya'll best of luck.. 11-1 this year!

Whatever man.. the inferiority complex is strong in the Belt.  Especially with those idiots at Ark. St.  I like North Texas and I think ya'll will move up and whip some BC$ tail in the future and I want a regional rivalry with you since UL-you pick'em both suck and our Texas-WAC buddies left.  Besides that, they sucked (except for UTEP last year finally) and you guys are pretty good.  You talk a lot of smack too.  Just seriously take a moment for a reality check and realize that the crappy Belt competition is not a good measurement of how your team could perform.  Win some OOC games or beat us and I'll give your record more respect.  I think Troy will be a good one though, as they've had some success recently.  I don't want to hear the argument of how ya'll go to bowls all the time as if Tech were in the Belt, we'd be going to the bowl every year too.  We have to work for ours and we have at least 3 bowls in our conference every year, if not 4 or 5.

All that aside...  I wish ya'll best of luck.. 11-1 this year!

Win some OOC games or beat us and I'll give your record more respect.

Beating La. Tech gives us respect? Outside of it being an OOC win, a win by North Texas over La. Tech shouldn't be that surprising considering our preseason rankings and how we've finished the last few years.

I don't want to hear the argument of how ya'll go to bowls all the time as if Tech were in the Belt, we'd be going to the bowl every year too.  We have to work for ours and we have at least 3 bowls in our conference every year, if not 4 or 5.

If you were in the Belt you would finish second to us and wouldn't have visited any bowls. The WAC bowls are ridiculous. The Hawaii Bowl will automatically take Hawaii if they are bowl eligible, if not the bowl will select teams. Same with Boise State and the Humanitarian Bowl and Fresno St. and their bowl. La. Tech could win the WAC and not even go to a bowl.

We won the conference in 2001 and friggin' went to the Humanitarian Bowl. Of course... we lost to Clemson, but we went. In 1999, we were in the Independence Bowl and tied Maryland who was awesome that year. We'll see who'd be second in the Belt if we were down in your conference, pal. I can't wait to see your faces when we smash you guys and go on to win the WAC title this year and laugh our way all the way to the MPC Bowl or even the Liberty Bowl. You talk about how WAC bowls are stupid, yet we play against a BCS opponent in our top bowl, and your cheesy bowl takes you even if you aren't bowl-eligible. Losing record? Nah.. oh wait, you won the Sun Belt? What the hell.. that's good enough, since no one hardly ever wins OOC games there anyway. Come on down to New Orleans. heh heh

We won the conference in 2001 and friggin' went to the Humanitarian Bowl.  Of course... we lost to Clemson, but we went.  In 1999, we were in the Independence Bowl and tied Maryland who was awesome that year.  We'll see who'd be second in the Belt if we were down in your conference, pal.  I can't wait to see your faces when we smash you guys and go on to win the WAC title this year and laugh our way all the way to the MPC Bowl or even the Liberty Bowl.  You talk about how WAC bowls are stupid, yet we play against a BCS opponent in our top bowl, and your cheesy bowl takes you even if you aren't bowl-eligible.  Losing record?  Nah.. oh wait, you won the Sun Belt?  What the hell.. that's good enough, since no one hardly ever wins OOC games there anyway.  Come on down to New Orleans.  heh heh

You can choose to live in the past, the present or dream of the future. I see you, like many short-sighted La. Techsters, choose to live in the past.

We won the conference in 2001 and friggin' went to the Humanitarian Bowl.  Of course... we lost to Clemson, but we went.  In 1999, we were in the Independence Bowl and tied Maryland who was awesome that year.  We'll see who'd be second in the Belt if we were down in your conference, pal.  I can't wait to see your faces when we smash you guys and go on to win the WAC title this year and laugh our way all the way to the MPC Bowl or even the Liberty Bowl.  You talk about how WAC bowls are stupid, yet we play against a BCS opponent in our top bowl, and your cheesy bowl takes you even if you aren't bowl-eligible.  Losing record?  Nah.. oh wait, you won the Sun Belt?  What the hell.. that's good enough, since no one hardly ever wins OOC games there anyway.  Come on down to New Orleans.  heh heh

YAWN!!!!

Nice to see you still living on that Old Glory like your old SMU brothers. Going to a bowl 5 years ago means nothing today. rolleyes.gif

Predictions:

- NT 10 LSU 49

- NT 35 MT 27

- TU 28 NT 24

- NT 24 KSU 42

- Troy 20 NT 30

- NT 54 FIU 14

- NT 24 LTech 20

- ULM 26 NT 30

- ULL 28 NT40

- NT 45 FAU 7 (Nice Revenge)

- ASU 14 NT 55

Just like going to the Gimme Bowl in New Orleans every year don't mean s**t today either.

The New Orleans Bowl means sh**t to 2 conferences actually, and that would be CUSA and the Sun Belt Conference.

Most every team who has been the opponent in the NO's Bowl have gone home more than impressed with the New Orleans Bowl Authority's (or whatever they call themselves) 1'st class treatment of their school, their teams and their fans. A long time Cincy' athletic official wrote the SBC offices and told them in all his years at UC, the New Orleans Bowl was the best bowl experience they'd ever had.

Alright.. sorry, I'm just pickin'.  I've said before that I like N. Texas, so don't get me wrong.  I'm just tossin' some smack back is all.

And possibly unhappy that if La. Tech qualifies for a bowl you get to travel thousands of miles away, when we get to go to New Orleans.

Ah, what the hell ... I figure I'll join in on the prediction band-wagon.

@ LSU: 45-9 (L)... UNT keeps it close in the first qtr. with a pair of field goals, but LSU takes off.

@ MTSU: 24-7 (W)... solid running game keeps clock running and MTSU off the field.

vs. Tulsa: 20-28 (L) ... Tulsa will be very good this year, I think -- surprise CUSAW team.

Attendance: 23,853

@ KState: 24-35 (L) ... UNT gives KState a scare, stays within 4 points until late 4th QTR KSU TD.

vs. Troy: 31-14 (W) ... 31-7 most of game until trash-time when Troy scores again.

Attendance: 20,114

@ FIU: 31-0 (W)... I don't think FIU will win a game this year.

@ LA Tech: 24-17 ... UNT wins in the turnover margin, close game-- but good win, and first OOC victory.

vs. ULM: 27-24 (OT) ... UNT almost loses first SBC game, but kicks FG with seconds on clock... and then kicks another FG to win the game in OT.

Attendance: 16,486

vs. ULL: 28-0 ... Yawn. How many more games until the NO Bowl for y'all?

Attendance: 17,074

@ FAU: 35-13 ... It's at their place, so I'll give them 2 early FG's and a late TD when the game is decided.

vs. Ark State: 20-3 ... Good way to finish the season.

Attendance: 18,549

Season Record: 8-3 (6-0)

Average Attendance: 19,215

I think y'all will be playing UAB in the New Orleans Bowl...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but once again UNT will loose all their OOC games. They will be blown out at LSU and Kansas State and loose a close one to Tulsa. The good news is I think they can still win the Sunbelt and take the usual trip in December. Good Luck in the Belt.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but once again UNT will loose all their OOC games.  They will be blown out at LSU and Kansas State and loose a close one to Tulsa.  The good news is I think they can still win the Sunbelt and take the usual trip in December.  Good Luck in the Belt.

Goodness gracious..........did you loose your ability to spell as well?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but once again UNT will loose all their OOC games.  They will be blown out at LSU and Kansas State and loose a close one to Tulsa.  The good news is I think they can still win the Sunbelt and take the usual trip in December.  Good Luck in the Belt.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Baylor will continue to be the whipping boy of the Big 12, especially the South division.

Good to know that you'll be there at home watching our team in a bowl game, wondering what it must be like for your team to be in one.

Fighting with a La. Tech fan. Pathetic.

Anyway, I think too many of our folk wearing green glasses are chalking up automatics over Tulsa and Louisiana Tech. I'm not sure about Tech, but went to Tulsa for grad school (UNT undergrad). Steve Kragthorpe has greatly improved their program in the two seasons he's been there. Former UNT OL coach Spencer Leftwich is helping greatly as well.

I think UNT-La. Tech will be close, and I gave the preseason nod to the Bulldogs simply due to the fact that they are playing at home. But, Tulsa will come to Denton with talent, experience, and excellent coaching. They'll be ready to rock from the moment they step off the bus.

As to the whole conference cat-fighting some of you enjoy, it doesn't matter. Yes, it would be nice to have Louisiana Tech in the Sun Belt simply for geographic reasons. But, you can hardly begrudge them for wanting to stay in a conference with three bowl games and a better television contract - and Boise State and Fresno State leading the way as legitimate annual winners. We can only hope Troy State or someone will step up and deliver winning records annually so that people will stop considering our conference as North Texas and the Seven Dwarfs.

Exactly. It's very possible for the Sun Belt to end up as North Texas, Troy, and yep.. ULL being good ( say ULL because those people are putting a lot into their program even though they've sucked so bad for quite a long while, so I have faith in them ). If you can get two teams really good and a decent third like that, and win a few more OOC games then we'll have to consider the Sun Belt and WAC to be more on par with each other. You could even end up with more bowls or television and then uh-oh.. a decent regional conference! It could and probably will happen. I don't hate the Belt, but ya can't blame me for liking the WAC more right now, being in it. I don't wanna be snobby either, hell I wish NT was in the WAC with us. Because of all the smack though, this game will probably end up being considered the WAC vs. Sun Belt rather than LaTech vs. North Texas, but oh well.

But, you can hardly begrudge them for wanting to stay in a conference with three bowl games

Two. One of them in Hawaii that will always go to UH unless they can get to a BCS or near BCS type of bowl, and another in Boise, Idaho.

and a better television contract -

Which doesn't come close to covering increased travel. And not just costs, when your fans can't go to away games, or when you can't afford to send some non-revenue teams to conference championships, that hurts much more.

and Boise State and Fresno State ...

Trying like madmen to get out.

I actually have a bigger dream for all of us newcomers on the Division I-A scene, plus some of the older DI-As with not so storied histories. I'd like a new Texas/Regional conference, and a new Southern conference or two.

Before you get all jacked up, understand that I realize this will never happen. How could it when it makes geographic sense, but not monetary sense? Just dream a little bit with me since we're in the middle of July:

The Southwest 8

Baylor

New Mexico State

North Texas

SMU

TCU

Texas Tech

Tulsa

UTEP

The New South

Alabama-Birmingham

Central Florida

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Middle Tennessee

Memphis

South Florida

Troy State

The Gulf 8

Arkansas State

Houston

Louisiana Tech

Louisiana-Lafayette

Louisiana-Monroe

Rice

Southern Mississippi

Tulane

Three conferences, each with schools from three states, with easier travel for fans...and the schools' travel budgets. Again, don't wad up on me, it's just a mid-July dream.

If you can get two teams really good and a decent third like that, and win a few more OOC games then we'll have to consider the Sun Belt and WAC to be more on par with each other. 

The new WAC is the Big West II.

Also, ULL and North Texas turned down wac overtures, so we already consider the SBC past the wac for our situations.

Here we go again.. Cerebus also apparently thinks he's a WAC insider. Our current WAC benefits outweigh what we'd have in the Sun Belt, end of story. This is one of the VERY few things our AD actually understands. It's a moot point though, just bring your 'A' game to Ruston and settle it.

I actually have a bigger dream for all of us newcomers on the Division I-A scene, plus some of the older DI-As with not so storied histories.  I'd like a new Texas/Regional conference, and a new Southern conference or two. 

Before you get all jacked up, understand that I realize this will never happen.  How could it when it makes geographic sense, but not monetary sense?  Just dream a little bit with me since we're in the middle of July:

The Southwest 8

Baylor

New Mexico State

North Texas

SMU

TCU

Texas Tech

Tulsa

UTEP

The New South

Alabama-Birmingham

Central Florida

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Middle Tennessee

Memphis

South Florida

Troy State

The Gulf 8

Arkansas State

Houston

Louisiana Tech

Louisiana-Lafayette

Louisiana-Monroe

Rice

Southern Mississippi

Tulane

Three conferences, each with schools from three states, with easier travel for fans...and the schools' travel budgets.  Again, don't wad up on me, it's just a mid-July dream.

Been eating strange mushrooms lately?????

Here we go again.. Cerebus also apparently thinks he's a WAC insider.  Our current WAC benefits outweigh what we'd have in the Sun Belt, end of story.  This is one of the VERY few things our AD actually understands.  It's a moot point though, just bring your 'A' game to Ruston and settle it.

I think alot of things, I know that under "Cerebus" it says Admin, and that under Ktulu7 it says something else, so try not to tell me just what it is that I think. cool.gif

Don't forge the SVB is not around anymore.

My information about La Tech's WAC discontent comes from people I trust in NT's, La Tech's and the SBC's administration.

If you want more info than that, you should have subscibed to the Mean Green Report smile.gif