This Fall When U Travel 2 Fouts, From What City R

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---Midland Texas....apprx 350 miles ( one way, no stoplights after the two in the first two miles )....my kids live in Richardson & Allen. ...... will likely see 2-3 games this year. Went to UT, Baylor and one Denton game last year..... saw two in Denton the year before.

---The past few years there has been several Midland kids (Brewster only last year) playing that I knew as well.. none this year. "Have car, will Travel".

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Guest JohnDenver

Driving in from Cedar Park TX, 15 minutes NW of Austin. I do take I-35W so I can see FW. No stops for food since the tailgate gives me what I need. Ready for some Cold Beer and Burgers. I think I will drink Amstel Light this year.

North Carrollton. 30 minute drive.

24 hour prep time.

1 Camper

1 pop-up tent

1 turkey fryer

1 grill

1 smoker

1 outdoor fireplace

1 trip to Sam's for ribs, turkey, chicken, chuck and beer

This is the winning combination.

1 victory.

I will have the Amstels cold for you EE.

Coming From West University, Texas (Houston)

First stop Woody's for some tasty jerky. I just can't pass it up....

Second stop Flower Mound, Texas.......where I was born and raised and where my parents still call home.

Third stop Fouts Field about three hours before the game.....albeit I usually only make three games a season with one of them being the N.O. Bowl.

Takes me about 4 hrs to get to Flower Mound then maybe another thirty to get to Denton

I usually start my gameday about 10:00am with a trip to Red Coleman's on Greenville Avenue in my Mean Green gear for ice and lots of SHINER IN CANS. Usually pick up some cheap wine in little bottles for my bride-to-be. Back to the house and listen to her whine that I want to leave too early (she is cutting into my drinking time). Try to leave Richardson about 4 hours before kickoff; trip usually takes close to an hour before the first top is popped in the Orange lot.

We'll make all home games and the road trip to Ruston; the NO Bowl is still being negotiated with the above-mentioned lady.

I usually start my gameday about 10:00am with a trip to Red Coleman's on Greenville Avenue  in my Mean Green gear for ice and lots of SHINER IN CANS.

Do you know any other places that sells Shiner in a can?

Back to the topic at hand ... the homestead is on the western edge of the Fort [Worth] ... it takes about 45 minutes if the traffic doesn't get snarled up.

Edited by UNTFan23

Takes us about 35-40 minutes from beautiful downtown Euless. We don't stop 'cause I'm trying to make kickoff! (I work until 5pm on most Saturdays.)

GMG!

Gettin' older so I don't make it up for all games. Drive the 400 plus miles from Corpus Christi. Come in on Friday & return home on Sunday (Couple of nites in the La Quinta on Ft Worth Drive). The home games I attend are like an away game for others cool.gif I do buy season tickets & when I can't be there, still make sure that someone is in the seats cool.gif

We just moved from Paris TX to Greenville TX...so I will now be quite a bit closer--thank the Maker! I am looking forward to being able to come to more games now. The night games were really rough on a preacher and made it impossible for me to go (from Paris). Now I think I can deal with it...see ya there. wink.gif

My home: just north of Raleigh, North Carolina

Length of Drive: Approx 18 hours to Fouts Field

Stop-overs? Somewhere in NC, somewhere in TN, somewhere in Arkansas, somewhere in Texas...did I miss a State??? smile.gif

We'll be coming from Mustang, Oklahoma about a 2 hour and 45 minute drive.  Normally stop in Ardmore to stretch and McDonalds for a quick light meal if we're hungry.  Travis tells us he makes the trip in two hours.  Not sure that I want to know that!

Is there really such a thing as a "quick, light meal" at McDonald's???? laugh.gif

Okay you got me. Let me re-phrase my comment. We stop at McDonalds for a quick bite to eat, most of the time being a coke and cherry pie. Since this will be our first year to make all the games in Denton, I'm glad to see this post. I'm getting lots of ideas of where to eat either before or after the games.

Thanks for the Definitive Denton Restaurant Thread too!  How about area lakes to visit while we are there for the weekends?

Denton is located between 2 very large Corp of Engineer lakes, ie, Lake Lewisville and Lake Ray Roberts. The latter is great for fishing as I understand it.

Lake Lewisiville is good for recreation and is said to be the busiest lake in the Lone Star State. Be careful if you are boating on Lake Lewisville.

Both lakes have nice picnic grounds. You can get maps of both lakes at many large interstate truck stops