No wonder the Ponies won't play us!!!

Green Grenade

First, let me apologize, because I know I'm gonna get blasted here, cause we want a football series with SMU. Get serious!!! We have nothing to gain by playing that dumb school. I looked up SMU in Webster's Dictionary, and SMU is the abreviation for: STUPID MORONS UNLIMITED. Why in hell would anybody in their right mind build a campus sandwiched between Mockingbird Lane on the South X Airline Road on the East X Hillcrest Road on the West and some congested narrow street three blocks to the North of Mockingbird Lane (tweet-tweet). Am, what's even more ridiculous, their basketball is MOODY, as in ill-tempered.

So, there you have it. Meanwhile, THE NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN is ready to kick some A- - in the SunBelt and a return trip to New Orleans, while the WAC Champ goes t o warm, cozy Boise, Idaho.

• Downvote 6

You shouldn't get blasted because you're talking trash about SMU, you should get blasted because you're an idiot. laugh.gif

If I were looking to get my MBA, take a wild guess at which school has the 9th best MBA program in the world. I hate to burst you bubble, but its not North Texas my friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why in hell would anybody in their right mind build a campus sandwiched between Mockingbird Lane on the South X Airline Road on the East X Hillcrest Road on the West and some congested narrow street three blocks to the North of Mockingbird Lane (tweet-tweet).

I don't really understand that comment, SMU has a very nice looking campus, nice landscaping but a terrible football team (more terrible than ours.)

Hey Smurfette,

Again you have shown your ignorance by blasting a fan that has been carrying the NT torch since before you were conceived. For that lack of disrespect, you were banned and will be banned again. You just say things to get a rise out of people, I don't believe for one second that you support UNT if you are going to bag on our programs in every sense.

As for SMU, Sorry Grenade.. the series is all but signed. That is about all I can say about it and it is pending a lot of give and take but soon you will see the two face off on the field. And they didn't build the campus between those roads.. those roads built up around them. SMU has been around long before that area even closely resembles what it is today.

You will be happy when we play them and stomp them into the ground. We have everything to gain from it including a sold out Fouts.

Hey Smurfette,

Again you have shown your ignorance by blasting a fan that has been carrying the NT torch since before you were conceived.  For that lack of disrespect, you were banned and will be banned again.  You just say things to get a rise out of people, I don't believe for one second that you support UNT if you are going to bag on our programs in every sense.

[*]I'll have you know that's papa smurf.

[*]I blasted him because he was completely disrespecting a very fine institution. How do you know that wasn't disrespecting me in anyway, shape or form?

[*] I could care less whether or not I piss anyone off, you've even agreed with me when I talk about football and the Mean Green.

[*]Bullcrap. Name one thing about UNT specifically that I have bagged with exception to Dickey (who you don't like yourself). I was merely trash talking about all frats in general, not just UNT frats.

• Downvote 1

for that? holy crap man, lighten up. I'll leave the poor guy alone for christ's sake. But wait, I was called an idiot twice in the greek thread, what did I do that was so wrong?

Well let's see here.

1. SMU's football team was being trashed and the location of their campus, not their academic programs.

2. "For Christ's sake". This coming from a man that doesn't believe in any god.

3. "Holy Crap Man". See #2.

Not only are you an idiot, but you can't seem to make up your mind about what you believe. <_<

• Upvote 1

Well let's see here.

1.  SMU's football team was being trashed and the location of their campus, not their academic programs.

2.  "For Christ's sake".  This coming from a man that doesn't believe in any god.

3.  "Holy Crap Man".  See #2.

Not only are you an idiot, but you can't seem to make up your mind about what you believe. dry.gif

#1 "Stupid Morons Unlimited" isn't bashing the school itself?

#2 haha, being a smartass with my semi-vulgar language will only get you so far in life man.

*yawn*

If you're gonna try and make me feel stupid, at least do a better job than that.

Smurfette,

A)Let's start over. Greek was not your cup of tea. Obviously youdo not belive in charitable or social orgamizations and that is fine.

B)Do not bash another UNT fan about SMU ever, we offered to play them in a parking lot once to show who was the better team and their superiority complex is still (decades after the deat penalty) is till thtough the roof. They refue to acknowledge our existence in football. They will paly ous in every single sport but football because the last time they played us at Fouts they lost. They are happy and content palying Cal State Norhtridge ( a IAA non schorlaship program) at home but will nnot play us. As for their academic programs, this is a sport's board.. I could care less what their MBA rank is in some superfial bought with alumni dollarsa ranking's system. We have passed the minm every facet of tatheltics escept facilities and aren't far behind.

C) his is a UNT FAN FORUM. That means you cheer for UNT. Not bash it. I (and others) may bash Dickey's play calling but NEVER the school itself and we would never do that. So let's say "Do Over" Before you start taking pop shots at fans you don't know, realize who you are talking to. Our AD and players post on this board under anonymous handles. You can push the envelope but there is a fine line you cannot cross (trust me from past experience!)

So do over. Start a fresh. Sit back and listen fo awhile, learn who the posters are and how they feel and then contribute slowly. Fter you have been around 6 years you can say whatever you want and get away with it but until then you are a lurker with a short leash that has managed to get banned two weeks into your existence. That has to be an all time record. And I don't see anyone takin up for you.

As for your alliance to your own alma mater, put them first and stop having penis envy that you wish you were somewhere else. If you this bad of a student fan and do not wan to contrbute in a postive way now, then I dn't want you as just yet another apatheic alumni that is not proud of thier school. By the way, you mentioned that with your degree you would never come back for an NT game this not needing season tickets because as soon as you sre done you are out of here so why bother with even talking to us? We have fans all the way across the globe, one guy fighting for the country in Afgahanistan an HE had season tickets to support the school and then donates them back when if he can't make it back (which is almost never). These are the fans we need and want, not USER like you that use us fo your degree and are moved out befroe the ink is dry on the diploma. You still ahve time top transfer, and if you feel the way that you post I would suggest UTA or UTD. They have a different set of goals. We wan to be at the tope level of ALL assets of IA life, not just the select few easy ones that take no money to support of wich we iwll be lucky to get a dime out of youafter you have moved far away.

So, how about this, I challenge you to bring 3 other peopl with you to the next home game. If you can do tha, I am sure there are three available tickets from season ticket holders on this board that would be wiling to donate them to you this time. Next time, you brin three moe on your dollar, at $8 a piece it is cheaper than a movie plus you get to eat and drink free of charge at the tailgating ahead of time thanks to the supporters on this board.

There is whole nother world of life out there, open your mind and embrace it. Let me guess.... Music Major.

Just ignore the smurf. Anyone who took G.Grenade's post to be a serious attack on the academic integrity of SMU is hypersensitive. Do like I do, skip past his posts if you care to read anything more than some lonely college kid's rants designed to only stir the pot.

Mr Cerebus, I'm assuming after your PM to my old name, its ok to post again.

Mr 96,

Music Major? try again. Emergency Administration and Planning. This is the only school in Texas that I can even get a bachelor's degree at. (I think A&M offers a Masters, but I'm not too sure) Even if I wanted to transfer, I couldn't. I never said I would be hightailing it out of the DFW area as soon as I get my degree either, its just a likely possibility with the demand for my kind in the workforce.

You're right, I don't believe in charitable organizations. I am against them so much so that I'll probably work for one as soon as I graduate, if not before.

As for your 3 fan challenge to me, done. Last week I convinced two of my friends to go. (although they didn't pay admission, they're students as well) and one of them also brought along her mother.

Now, you think you can let me speak my mind without constant harrassment? Just because I may diagree with what you say doesn't mean you have any reason to try and pick on a college kid.

^_^Sorry Grenade guy, didn't mean to come off like an asshole. I guess the correct thing to say in reply would be "what the hell are you talking about?"

^_^Sorry Grenade guy, didn't mean to come off like an asshole.

Are you just TRYING to get banned? You cannot cuss on the stupid board! Good lord, get a clue. I know you are young but surely you have common sense.

I don't believe you on any of your claims. Bring those people to the next game and prove it to me, in turn I will buy you a beer.

Finally, you completely contradicted yourself AGAIN by stating you would not be buying season tckets because you would be moving out of the state as soon as you were done with school due to your degree. You are trting to tell me that you can't get away from work 3-5 days a year out of 265 to come see a game and support your school of which you are this big fan? Useless excuse from yet another run of the mill fair weather fan.

Since you still get free tickets, I will hope to see you at the next home game. Bring 3 extra people and in return I will provide you all four with free Food and Beer.

• Downvote 1

I didn't know you couldn't curse.

And are you TRYING to get arrested? Me and the friends I brought last week are all not of age. Thanks though, I could use a beer.

I never said I wouldn't buy season tickets, I may, I may not. Depending on where I live it may just be better to donate money through the North Texas ex's. The season tickets may not be that much, but the airfare would be.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know you couldn't curse.

Here is the User Agreement that you read (or should have) and agreed to when you sign up for an account:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

So... follow the rules.

• 11 years later...

First, let me apologize, because I know I'm gonna get blasted here, cause we want a football series with SMU. Get serious!!! We have nothing to gain by playing that dumb school. I looked up SMU in Webster's Dictionary, and SMU is the abreviation for: STUPID MORONS UNLIMITED. Why in hell would anybody in their right mind build a campus sandwiched between Mockingbird Lane on the South X Airline Road on the East X Hillcrest Road on the West and some congested narrow street three blocks to the North of Mockingbird Lane (tweet-tweet). Am, what's even more ridiculous, their basketball is MOODY, as in ill-tempered.So, there you have it. Meanwhile, THE NORTH TEXAS MEAN GREEN is ready to kick some A- - in the SunBelt and a return trip to New Orleans, while the WAC Champ goes t o warm, cozy Boise, Idaho.

In favor of playing SMU now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8