To all you Troy State lovers on the board

calvin

I was so sick of hearing about Troy at the beginning of the year, a lot of people on the board had already giving them the SBC title and a 9-2 record. The same time you people were raving over Troy and their victories over Marshall and Missouri, you were dogging Dickey. Wow what a difference 5 or 6 weeks make. They are now 1-2 in conference, but hey they did beat Missouri. That just goes to show you how incredible our streak is. To win on the road in conference is tough no matter what conference your in. And for us to do it going over the last 3 years is pretty remarkable if you ask me. I have been constant on this board saying I was disappointed in our OOC this year but I would rather have us win conference then come close or beat OOC schools. So now whose position would you rather be in, ours, now they we hold our own destiny or Troy the team that beat Marshall and Missouri but will be home come December. Maybe Dickey is not so bad after all. Also dont try to act you like you werent one of the ones who were all over Troy's you know what at the first of the year.

I would much rather be in our position with an undefeated record in conference. I would much rather be going bowling again this year. I am still not sold we are going to New Orleans just yet. I am confident in the direction of our team but we need 2 things to happen this year for it to be a success - we need to win the conference (I would even accept 1 loss). But we need to win the New Orleans Bowl. That is a MUST for this year to be a success.

Troy has better name recognition around the country than we do because of what they accomplished with their HUGE win on national tv and what they have done with the BIG BOYS over the past few years.

I am glad we still have a season to play for, but please do not discount the remarkable accomplishments of Troy. Our next feat will be to find a defense in 2005 and compete in the OCC AND the Sun Belt!

Lets go 3 - 0!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think its that big of a suprise that we were 0-4 in OOC, FAU is a good team, but we still sholda won, but losing, to Colorado, and Baylor,s oeme people expected to win that? thats ridiculous, those are big nationally known great schools, its alot harder to go there and play football than it is here, so 0-4 is not a big suprise, however, 0-11(0-7) would be a big suprise, the ooc games dont mean anything, because we will be the ones in the new orleans bowl, how could you be dissapointed after losing to UT, BU, CU, all great football schools, we do not need to play at Texas or Colorado again, losing 65-0 looks horrible for our school.

......but losing, to Colorado, and Baylor,s oeme people expected to win that? thats ridiculous, those are big nationally known great schools, ............. UT, BU, CU, all great football schools,

BU is NOT a great football school. There was no excuse for dropping that one. Why were we expecting to win it? Well we had just come off demolishing them the year before 52-14. Even with the Defensive losses, people weren't crazy to expect a win in Waco.

Calvin, I have been reading NT message boards in different forms for 5 or so years now, this is the dumbest logic I have heard. You are trying to tell us that we can't have it both ways? We beat Baylor last year and still went to the NO Bowl. We should have beaten them this year and the FAU loss was unacceptable.

What is your agenda here? Do you honestly think you have a compelling argument?

My point is all you guys at the first of the year were all over Troy and you guys had already written our season off b/c of our poor showing in OOC. Now I would rather win all our games but my point is it really doesnt matter now that they beat Missouri, they are not going anywhere come Dec.. So my point is who would you rather be in our position or there's.

My point is all you guys at the first of the year were all over Troy and you guys had already written our season off b/c of our poor showing in OOC.  Now I would rather win all our games but my point is it really doesnt matter now that they beat Missouri, they are not going anywhere come Dec..  So my point is who would you rather be in our position or there's.

I think you have missunderstood our (or my) argument. We should have beat Baylor and FAU. Who cares about Troy, we wanted to beat Baylor and FAU AND win the Sunbelt. It is not an either/or situation where you can say "who's position would you rather be in," that is irrelevant. Just because Troy is not doing well now doesn't validate your argument that a couple OCC games can be won as well as a Sunbelt championship - you are wrong calvin, it is a silly argument.

I think it might further instill our argument, and what we were praising about Troy, which was their ability to get up for and bring it in the OOC games. If anything, it shows how a team that even has a few struggles against the Sun Belt can gain national recognition by playing well OOC, for those who say we shouldn't expect to win against the Texas', or Colorados or even Baylors and FAUs of the world because of our status. The only way for your argument to work is to suggest that Troy's losses in the Sun Belt are somehow tied to their wins OOC, which is a suggestion that has already been pointed out as ridiculous.

I can still praise Troy's efforts OOC, and they deserve that praise, as does FAU and every other team that overcomes its inferiority complex in the big OOC games. And I will still wish for that stuff from the Mean Green.